PDA

View Full Version : Property Insurance in RP (advice and sugggestions please)

johncar54
30th January 2011, 14:57
Hi,
I have just searched (but as usually I did not get anything) on property insurance in RP.

We are just on the point of signing the contact to complete the purchase a house in Tayay Rizal.

We would appreciate any advice / suggestions regarding house and contents insurance.

Thanks Guys. John

sars_notd_virus
30th January 2011, 17:36
Hi,
I have just searched (but as usually I did not get anything) on property insurance in RP.

We would appreciate any advice / suggestions regarding house and contents insurance.

Thanks Guys. John

I personally not use one,but one of my clients does ,so here's the link and hope it helps.
http://www.malayan.com/homeprotect.html

johncar54
30th January 2011, 18:56
Thanks Sars, I have sent an email requesting info.

May i ask why you don't use an insurance company?

johncar54
31st January 2011, 13:34
Any more suggestions please ?

stef
5th February 2011, 23:16
you can get house insurance with any philippine bank try bpi ,bdo ,metro bank
if you are not happy with quotes from them try peoples general insurance

JimOttley
5th February 2011, 23:55
Thanks Sars, I have sent an email requesting info.

May i ask why you don't use an insurance company?

Everybody just prays instead, seriously :)

I tried to look for even just contents insurance (we rent) but it was very hard to find any insurance at all. On the odd occasion I found anywhere offering any kind of home insurance, they might cover fire but things like earthquake and volcano's were excluded :D

keithAngel
6th February 2011, 06:52
, they might cover fire but things like earthquake and volcano's were excluded :D

and acts of family:icon_lol:

johncar54
6th February 2011, 09:06
My email to:- http://www.malayan.com/homeprotect.html after six days, has not produced even a reply.

The final contact was signed this weeks so now we need the cover.

Thanks Stef, I will follow up on your suggestions.

oliviaruby
26th February 2011, 07:21

johncar54
26th February 2011, 10:13
Olivia,
Thanks you for the info.

I am in communication with 'Malayan' but they are extremely slow in replying to my emails, and when I call the "person I need to speak to" is never there, but we are progressing (I hope).

Travellor
13th March 2011, 19:22
If you are struggling with insurance then maybe my gf can help you with some advice.
She previously worked for Prudential in Butuan and still has regular visits in the office there.

Maybe she has some good information or contacts to offer.

Just pm her ,aka bambi

johncar54
13th March 2011, 19:43
I was recommend by someone here to : andynisbet@omnibrokers.com and today I sent an email conforming that I will be taking up their offer.

Thanks to everybody who offered advice.

keeperlit
23rd March 2011, 09:05
hi john,,,if you are still having problems we can help you,,,as my sister inlaw works with insurance company in makati city,,let us know and we will pass on her email address,,,this is what i like about this site everyone is friendly and very helpful:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
23rd March 2011, 14:58
Keeperlite, thanks but we have 'done the deed' and are now insured, but thanks for the info, I have made a note for future reference,.

As you say this forum is friendly.

I also visit British Expats forum, it is not the same. A lot of back-biting and personal attacks, also if one dares to disagree with an 'old timer' or moderator they are quick to ban you from the site.

Thanks to all who make this site so good.

keithAngel
23rd March 2011, 19:32
Your welcome John:xxgrinning--00xx3:

madmitch537
1st May 2011, 19:29
hi
wow a very serious but often overlooked topic
serious advice here i would appreciate to
fire is always the biggest risk watch the news there fires are common and often horrendous mostly caused by electrical faults i use the word faults very reluctantly has any one looked closely at the way the places are generally wired up
not even an earth system exists crazy and every join in the wiring is just simply taped up with there good old "scotch tape"
so any reliable companies offering at least building insurance would be great
best wishes mark

scott&ligaya
1st May 2011, 20:00
Any one here experienced making a claim? how did it go?