PDA

View Full Version : Barrio Fiesta Lampton Park London July 16th and 17th 2011

alanp
29th January 2011, 20:40
Just found the dates for the Barrio Fiesta at Lampton Park, Hounslow. http://www.fil-event.com/events/Barrio-Fiesta-sa-London---2011.shtml

Tawi2
29th January 2011, 21:00
Might'nt be around otherwise I would have been there,takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes to get to Lambton park,good day out.

stevewool
30th January 2011, 14:39
takes me a little longer i would say but any get together is a good days out:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
30th January 2011, 16:34
Thanks alanp - it's useful to know the dates in advance

stevie c
30th January 2011, 16:51
thanks for the info alan i shall put that in my diary :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
30th January 2011, 17:09
this has been mentioned Over the years i have been a member of this forum. This year I will make the effort to attend. Tawi says its a good day out, so it must be and we will have our little one so, im looking forward to it already!:D Thank you Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
30th January 2011, 21:34
I never met anyone yet who didnt enjoy the barrio fiesta Gwaps,a chance to catch up with old friends,chill out,eat banana-Q and generally immerse in all things pinoy for an afternoon,been quite a few times and never came away dissapointed :)

Sim11UK
30th January 2011, 21:52
I never met anyone yet who didnt enjoy the barrio fiesta Gwaps,a chance to catch up with old friends,chill out,eat banana-Q and generally immerse in all things pinoy for an afternoon,been quite a few times and never came away dissapointed :)

Where's that Jeepney you mentioned :Erm:

Tawi2
31st January 2011, 17:29
There used to be a guy from Kent exhibited the jeepney at Lambton park during barrio fiesta weekend,dont know if he is still around mate :Erm:

Sim11UK
31st January 2011, 18:22
:rolleyes: Oh ok...thanks Mr T :)

Dedworth
31st January 2011, 18:39
There used to be a guy from Kent exhibited the jeepney at Lambton park during barrio fiesta weekend,dont know if he is still around mate :Erm:

One of the stalls used to have a small nipa hut - not seen that for a couple of years

Tawi2
31st January 2011, 18:53
One of the stalls used to have a small nipa hut - not seen that for a couple of years
I remember that as well,was it the same guy as owned the jeepney?Loads of flambouyant characters there :icon_lol:

Dedworth
31st January 2011, 18:57
I remember that as well,was it the same guy as owned the jeepney?Loads of flambouyant characters there :icon_lol:

I've never seen the Jeepney :D but I do remember seeing the Nipa Hut at Morden in 2007 I think and again at Lampton

Terpe
31st January 2011, 19:17
I remember seeing a jeepney at Milton Keynes (Campbell Park), maybe 3 years ago.
Arrived on a trailer.
What an attraction it was, so much interest.
Could be some summer wonga to be made:D

somebody
12th February 2011, 00:59
Last year it seemed to be the eastern europen tricycle riders everywhere for one of the discount phone companies.

Start saving now if you wanna eat there and rember to feed the pinays in the groups before going :D

Dont forget to spend sometime at the fun fair never will you see so many well behaved chav dressed kids in all your life :D

Even the ones with their pitbull/s in tow will be respectful while their trousers hang round there backsides:rolleyes:

Also you muct have Ice cream from the couple shown inTawi's photo :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th February 2011, 14:30
Also you muct have Ice cream from the couple shown inTawi's photo
I like the old ice-cream guy,I think his shop is near Ashford train station or it used to be?

South-east boy
12th February 2011, 15:45
When I went to get some ice-cream (the filipino type), it had all sold out! :doh

Terpe
12th February 2011, 20:30
I have been to this fiesta so many times.
Last year I actually dropped of my car full of attendees and went to Milton Keynes
then went back and picked them up.
Not really my thing these days.
But, if other members will go, and I know the day, I will be there wearing a Filipino UK badge.
If you see someone wearing such a badge please say the magic word so I know it's you.

somebody
13th February 2011, 23:36
I like the old ice-cream guy,I think his shop is near Ashford train station or it used to be?

Yep belive it is and we have some of their Ice cream in our freezer as I speak I think unless the Wife sneaked it out while i was not looking :D

ynai4
6th March 2011, 07:44
i cant wait to see that barrio fiesta in london...so i can have a lot of fun and meeting a kababayan....:D

Terpe
6th March 2011, 08:37
Trying to find parking is really a nightmare :doh

junior02
29th May 2011, 06:24
Just found the dates for the Barrio Fiesta at Lampton Park, Hounslow. http://www.fil-event.com/events/Barrio-Fiesta-sa-London---2011.shtml

hi , regarding the barrio fiesta at lampton park, ive not been b4 and my wife wants to go, is there things to to do ther to keep a 4and3 year old occupied. im a long way from london out in the sticks and didnt want 2 go all the way ther and have 2 bored kids because of nothing to do ther 4 them..

PinoyMyk
5th July 2011, 21:53
The guy who ran the nepa hut and stalls and exhibited the jeepney was Frank Trotter from Ashford. He's moved out to the Philippines now but still returns to the UK on business a couple of times a year. Sadly the jeepney fell into decline and was in need of total restoration last time I saw it. I will find out from him if it is available to anybody who might be interested.

Dedworth
6th July 2011, 00:20
The guy who ran the nepa hut and stalls and exhibited the jeepney was Frank Trotter from Ashford. He's moved out to the Philippines now but still returns to the UK on business a couple of times a year. Sadly the jeepney fell into decline and was in need of total restoration last time I saw it. I will find out from him if it is available to anybody who might be interested.

Did the hut rot away ?

South-east boy
8th July 2011, 13:47
So who is going? I'll be going on Sunday, so hope the weather's good! Might be taking some coconut rice-cakes!

Dedworth
8th July 2011, 13:54
I'm not sure which day we're going yet

Mickaela
13th July 2011, 19:13
hi, does anyone know if there were job fairs there? like recruitment?

thanks,

Tawi2
13th July 2011, 19:17
Havent seen a job-fair there as such,seen recruitment for nurses in Canada etc however,might pop in on sunday.

Moy
13th July 2011, 19:24
see you all there:Jump:

Tawi2
13th July 2011, 19:26
see you all there
Are you going Moy :omg::heartshape1:

Moy
13th July 2011, 19:30
of course why not:icon_lol::D does it surprise you :D

Tawi2
13th July 2011, 19:35
of course why not
Ohhhhh:bigcry::bigcry: Luoy :bigcry: I just checked my social calendar for this weekend,flying lesson on Saturday BUT sunday is fully booked with banana-bending,match-striking,and I have some itches to scratch:Erm:and some paint to watch just to make sure it dries so looks like I cant attend the barrio fiesta sa London(even though I live the closest here)to meet my true soul-mate :heartshape1:

Moy
13th July 2011, 19:37
Ohhhhh:bigcry::bigcry: Luoy :bigcry: I just checked my social calendar for this weekend,flying lesson on Saturday BUT sunday is fully booked with banana-bending,match-striking,and I have some itches to scratch:Erm:and some paint to watch just to make sure it dries so looks like I cant attend the barrio fiesta sa London(even though I live the closest here)to meet my true soul-mate :heartshape1:

kalooy:bigcry: neh tawi hehehe..theres always next time:D i think..
so sad the soulmate is busy:bigcry::Rasp:

Tawi2
13th July 2011, 19:39
i think..
so sad the soulmate is busy
Fear not soulmate :heartshape1: I just checked,I have a barrio-fiesta weekend free of engagements in 2047 :) Its a date ;)

Moy
13th July 2011, 19:42
Fear not soulmate :heartshape1: I just checked,I have a barrio-fiesta weekend free of engagements in 2047 :) Its a date ;)

:cwm3::rolleyes:

LeeRose
13th July 2011, 19:46
we'll be one of the crowd :Hellooo: a bit excited :Jump:

South-east boy
13th July 2011, 20:15
hi, does anyone know if there were job fairs there? like recruitment?

thanks,

Can't remember seeing anything liker that there last year.

So far the weather report says rain on both days! Hope that that changes, but it is still a few days away yet.

somebody
13th July 2011, 20:46
For those planing on going I would keep a close eye on the weather forecasts as at present they are predicting heavy rains at times on both Saturday and Sunday:NoNo:

So after all the dry weather it may possibly a very muddy place to be, but the weather forecasters have been wrong before :D

Tawi2
13th July 2011, 20:53
predicting heavy rains at times on both Saturday
Hope not,I will be 4000 feet up in a microlight :icon_lol:

DropsOfJupiter
13th July 2011, 23:19
I'm going to this event! Kitakits! :icon_lol::D

South-east boy
15th July 2011, 09:14
Hope not,I will be 4000 feet up in a microlight :icon_lol:

Be careful that you dont end up blown towards France! :omg: :icon_lol:

Terpe
15th July 2011, 09:45
That weather report is now starting to look a bit bleak. Heavy Rain.

Moy
15th July 2011, 10:55
:NoNo::cwm24: not fair..its my first time to be there wahhhhhhhhhhhh:bigcry::angry:

Terpe
15th July 2011, 11:20
:NoNo::cwm24: not fair..its my first time to be there wahhhhhhhhhhhh:bigcry::angry:

Long way to go :yikes:

Moy
15th July 2011, 11:26
:D

DropsOfJupiter
15th July 2011, 15:51
Hey all,

I'm inviting everyone to join us at Sway Bar (http://www.swaybar.co.uk/) tomorrow evening. Details are on the Facebook event I set up. Just click that you will be attending so you can be included in the guestlist. There will be lots of Filipinos there too. Kitakits!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223163037722738

Terpe
15th July 2011, 17:54
Hey all,

I'm inviting everyone to join us at Sway Bar (http://www.swaybar.co.uk/) tomorrow evening. Details are on the Facebook event I set up. Just click that you will be attending so you can be included in the guestlist. There will be lots of Filipinos there too. Kitakits!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223163037722738

First.
Something's not good with your link
You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address

Second
Try to avoid double posting if possible

Dedworth
15th July 2011, 21:02
We will decide tomorrow whether to go or leave it till Sunday. Forecast isn't good they just mentioned the Barrio Fiesta and possibility of it not clearing till later on Radio Jackie (SW London & Surrey)

Terpe
15th July 2011, 21:35
We will decide tomorrow whether to go or leave it till Sunday. Forecast isn't good they just mentioned the Barrio Fiesta and possibility of it not clearing till later on Radio Jackie (SW London & Surrey)

Yeah, we too will take a decision either tomorrow or Sunday.
It's already raining here in Northampton and heading south down the M1 :doh

The Sunday forecast looks bleak - Heavy Rain
Pity really, I have a little crush for KC :hubbahubba:

Moy
15th July 2011, 21:42
Yeah, we too will take a decision either tomorrow or Sunday.
It's already raining here in Northampton and heading south down the M1 :doh

The Sunday forecast looks bleak - Heavy Rain
Pity really, I have a little crush for KC :hubbahubba:

KC:D me i got a secret love affair with Papa Piolo:icon_lol::yikes:

Terpe
15th July 2011, 21:45
KC:D me i got a secret love affair with Papa Piolo:icon_lol::yikes:

Tell you true Moy, I met him when he came to the Hounslow festival before. At that time he was really kinda short and pangit.
I swear he's had a nose jobbie now. :doh

BTW you should hear my version of Kailangan Kita..... Ahhhhhh papa

Tawi2
15th July 2011, 21:55
KC
Os kc concepcion going :yikes: Thats good enough reason to avoid the place :laugher: I remember listening to her murder Umbrella rhiannas song,she slaughtered it :NoNo: she was like a bad drunken karaoke "singer" :doh

Moy
15th July 2011, 21:57
i believe you Terpe:D if thats the case i would rather Sam Milby instead then:icon_lol:

Goodbye Piolo :laugher::D

Terpe
15th July 2011, 22:08
i believe you Terpe:D if thats the case i would rather Sam Milby instead then:icon_lol:

Goodbye Piolo :laugher::D

No no, not Sam Milby ........... he is already emotionally damaged and unstable.

Moy
15th July 2011, 22:44
No no, not Sam Milby ........... he is already emotionally damaged and unstable.

if thats the case ill have you instead then:hubbahubba::D

Moy
15th July 2011, 22:45
Os kc concepcion going :yikes: Thats good enough reason to avoid the place :laugher: I remember listening to her murder Umbrella rhiannas song,she slaughtered it :NoNo: she was like a bad drunken karaoke "singer" :doh

i bit you tawi is far far better than him then:cwm24::icon_lol:

Tawi2
15th July 2011, 22:48
tawi is far far better than him
Far far FAR better soulmate :heartshape1:

Moy
15th July 2011, 22:57
:heartshape1:

somebody
16th July 2011, 12:07
Well the rain is coming down in buckets at the moment well at least a few miles away. Not been to Hounslow yet but will most likely venture there likely just to see as the wife is convinced the vendors will be desperate to sell.

The rain is almost monsoon like by british standards with quite large puddles forming in the roads.
As Lampton Park is mainly Grass and Mud with a few asphalt paths its safe to say it will be a mud bath.
This and the picadilly line being closed for works http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/default.html#piccadilly doesn't look like it will be a big turn out.

Will let people know if we do venture down the likely state of play for tomorrow. Accuweather (tw3 4hs is a post code nearby if you wanna check) is predicting cloud and sunny spells for the afternoon but rain possible tomorrow.

If you are going I would dress for the weather plus mud and be ready for the organizers to possibly to ave to call off or close areas down due to Crowd safety..

Whatever happens I can see from twitterits gone quiet so they all hiding from the rain:D

Just been announced we will be setting off soon:rolleyes:

stevewool
16th July 2011, 12:10
enjoy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 12:18
I was going to pop in for an hour to the fiesta,I just got to Feltham and decided against it,the rain is felines and canines,not pleasant,so I popped into Tesco did a bit of shopping and retraced my steps :) I pity those who have to make a long journey,this isnt the weather for Lambton Park :NoNo:

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 13:59
Rain has totally stopped,sky is still overcast however :Erm:

Moy
16th July 2011, 17:22
I was going to pop in for an hour to the fiesta,I just got to Feltham and decided against it,the rain is felines and canines,not pleasant,so I popped into Tesco did a bit of shopping and retraced my steps :) I pity those who have to make a long journey,this isnt the weather for Lambton Park :NoNo:

i was too in tesco:D what time you been there tawi:omg::D
rain is till goin:NoNo::bigcry::Wave:

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 17:32
i was too in tesco

:yikes::heartshape1: that explains it,I thought I was hallucinating or the store tanoy had malfunctioned,as I pushed my trolley around I kept hearing snippets on the wind.........A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist........I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.........etc they say a building retains happy and sad memories trapped within its walls,I think your going to haunt the fabric of that particular Tesco for a long time to come :cwm24:

Moy
16th July 2011, 18:08
:yikes::heartshape1: that explains it,I thought I was hallucinating or the store tanoy had malfunctioned,as I pushed my trolley around I kept hearing snippets on the wind.........A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist........I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.........etc they say a building retains happy and sad memories trapped within its walls,I think your going to haunt the fabric of that particular Tesco for a long time to come :cwm24:

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 18:28
good head and a good heart
They were down past the deli-section on the meat-counter :)

Moy
16th July 2011, 18:46
They were down past the deli-section on the meat-counter :)

aha :yikes:it was you indeed that i've seen:D

“A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.”:omg::icon_lol::heartshape1:

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 18:50
Woodrow Wyatt,well done Moy :xxgrinning--00xx3: I need to go out for milk but I am afraid your still haunting the area :Help1:

Moy
16th July 2011, 18:57
:Wave: a pint for me as well tawi:heartshape1: please:D

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 19:06
a pint for me as well tawi
:omg: Please tell me your not loitering around the Hounslow area?Didnt you go back from whence you came soulmate :heartshape1:

Moy
16th July 2011, 19:20
am on Staines right now:)soulmate:heartshape1: been resting from a rainy miserable day today:cwm24::D

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 19:28
STAINES :omg: Go round to two-rivers and have a Nandos,then the new cinema is at the top of the park/complex,they are showing the new Harry Potter film,I normally shop in staines or Kingston :)

Tawi2
16th July 2011, 19:29
Tomorrow get the train to Windsor soulmate,its VERY close,wander around the castle or go across staines bridge,turn left and pop into Thorpe Park,or go shopping in Kingston and visit Hampton court palace or pop into Bushy Park,lots to do around here :heartshape1:

Moy
16th July 2011, 20:28
STAINES :omg: Go round to two-rivers and have a Nandos,then the new cinema is at the top of the park/complex,they are showing the new Harry Potter film,I normally shop in staines or Kingston :)

:yikes: we might been banging with our shoulder on that case then:D:heartshape1:

Moy
16th July 2011, 20:42
Tomorrow get the train to Windsor soulmate,its VERY close,wander around the castle or go across staines bridge,turn left and pop into Thorpe Park,or go shopping in Kingston and visit Hampton court palace or pop into Bushy Park,lots to do around here :heartshape1:

yesterday been to hampton court already enjoying the maze:cwm24::D and in tower of London:cwm24::Wave:

Dedworth
16th July 2011, 20:48
Got there about 12.45 the rain wasn't half as bad as the earlier downpours round Chertsey & Staines. - It wasn't a quagmire , surfaces drained well. The only bits of serious rain came just before 4 lasting a few minutes and then a couple of more prolonged heavy showers 5 & 5.30. Most people well equipped with umbrellas, waterproofs or poly Lebara & Unison handouts, laughable to see some of the dolled up to the nines ladies in high heels. Plenty of freebies to be had BB Caps, T Shirts, Bags, Pens etc

Not the most enjoyable Barrio Fiesta but we may well go again Sunday.

A couple of poor quality pics from my Blackberry - note plane on final approach above stage, the crooner in the left hand pic is Eric Santos.

South-east boy
16th July 2011, 20:55
It's been quite nice here in north Kent later this afternoon, with sun since 4pm! :) Hope it's like that tomorrow in Hounslow!

somebody
16th July 2011, 22:13
Got there about 12.45 the rain wasn't half as bad as the earlier downpours round Chertsey & Staines. - It wasn't a quagmire , surfaces drained well. The only bits of serious rain came just before 4 lasting a few minutes and then a couple of more prolonged heavy showers 5 & 5.30. Most people well equipped with umbrellas, waterproofs or poly Lebara & Unison handouts, laughable to see some of the dolled up to the nines ladies in high heels. Plenty of freebies to be had BB Caps, T Shirts, Bags, Pens etc

Not the most enjoyable Barrio Fiesta but we may well go again Sunday.

A couple of poor quality pics from my Blackberry - note plane on final approach above stage, the crooner in the left hand pic is Eric Santos.

I was the other side of the stage when Mr Stanos was on the stage the grass was not to bad considering well played to the organisers and Park people:xxgrinning--00xx3: But the Sound system was very loud I think simply down to the lower numbers in the main area. Far fewer of the chav kids turned up seemed to be mainly the couples and familys but as you say Dedworth not a great atmosphere:NoNo:

Still worth having some sturdy shoes even if no more rain like Dedworth I saw a few people wondering why they came in Heels or tiny Sandals. Many of the pinays with us and in other groups were feeling the cold in the afternoon at points so some of the those in shorts must have suffered :rolleyes:

Was quiet for Barrio Fiesta and like you Dedworth I seemed to break last years record of Bag carrying of freebies foods and "Bargins" the wife picked up:rolleyes: All to be sent of to pinas :D

We might bowl down tomorrow the weather on accuweather seems to indicate quite a few hours of sunny cloudy periods with showers now n then..

Tomorrow if we go (I know we will) then we will have decent water proof coats and Umbrellas (but due to the wide open spaces easier to simply put up a hood and carry on while others shelter or try and stop their umbrellas flying away :D

The best deal the wife saw was one of the phone companies gave her 20 mintues of free calls on a card which managed to get a few of those :Rasp:

We were thinking of staying right to the end as most of the food stalls were very well stocked indeed in the late afternoon to see what deals were done.. With the charge of the stall being 1500 pounds per day (thats what one owner told the wife) and all the other costs I really hope they have a great Sunday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
17th July 2011, 13:50
Now sitting in the car in the bowls club car park (which now costs £10!) waiting for my friends to arrive. Been rain showers (some heavy) most of the time since I left home! Hope it stops soon!

Dedworth
17th July 2011, 20:10
Was there from about 11.10 till it started winding down just after 5. Enjoyed it more than yesterday, much, much bigger turn out. Pitched up not too far from the stage (in line with Western Union) on our two small tripod stools and a large umbrella which kept us perfectly dry when many were getting a soaking. Not quite as many freebies available.

Pics are view from under the Dedworth's Umbrella, KFC Concepcion & Yeng

Tawi2
17th July 2011, 20:13
KFC Concepcion
How did she sound Live?I hope she didnt sing "Umbrella" :icon_lol:

Dedworth
17th July 2011, 20:17

Not sure if she did sing that as there would probably have been a riot :D I didn't think much of her (and her singing :)

Tawi2
17th July 2011, 20:33
I didn't think much of her (and her singing
I heard her singing Umbrella and she was horrific,didnt have the strength of voice nor the vocal range,she isnt really a singer,she is quite talentless and would never have gotten a break were it not for her mum,nepotism is alive and well and singing in Pinas :icon_lol: she should be called marmite concepcion judging by some of the comments at the bottom of the video,she is either adored or loathed,theres no middle ground :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0RAeHFQVk

Moy
17th July 2011, 20:34

:omg::icon_lol:

somebody
17th July 2011, 20:56
The Wife and her friends mentioned today on the way home were wondering why the "stars" bothered. It went along the lines of Why do they waste money on big stars when it was evident they had cut back in other areas (first time i had seen such large piles of litter at Barrio Fiesta) far fewer stewards and litter people walking round from memory and what i see in photos:Erm: I do realise ABS CBN bank roll the stars who im sure are happy to visit London:)

Although it was good they got rid of the stupid barrier section near the stage from what I have seen..

I know a lot of Pinays take great pride in the amazing family atmosphere and safe environment for all which means they can invite friends and family who are not Pinoy to experience the warmth of the place.

Every year we joke how the police must love the two days at Barrio Fiesta with bugger all to do and from what i seen people offering them food all day:D

I hope they don't cut to many costs and what is a great day out is spolit quite a few non Phill connected families and couples there this time round and what a great advert for a nation and its people:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would be interested if they had a survey which gave info on what attracts the typical Punter to the Barrio from what I have seen its the day out among your own, the foods and the friendly atmosphere not heard from young or old many actually any that worried about the stars:rolleyes:

Still the wife had a great time and as usual met a lot of people and has found some great deals useful info :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
19th July 2011, 17:15
I'm so sad I missed this. Was busy for the wedding preparations.. hehehe. Hopefully I can attend on one next time :)