PDA

View Full Version : The best way?

willieboy
28th March 2007, 23:46
I will be marrying my girlfriend in the Philippines.She was an overstayer in the u.k(Before i go any furthur i will say that i do not support overstaying in any way.)This is though now the position i find myself in.I wondered if anyone knew of somebody being turned down a visa because of overstaying after we are married.do we have any other options?We have had a few bits of advice with what we should or shouldnt say but we are a bit scared it all might go wrong.just looking for some advice from the many wise heads here on the forum.

KeithD
29th March 2007, 09:21
Have you spoken to the IND? They'll have more advice than we can give.

She will be black marked, whether that prevents her entering, they will tell you.

LadyJ
29th March 2007, 09:41
I knew some people similar case like your partner.

Actually They most likely to look at her new application than the previous one BUT as long her supporting documents are really strong and genuine she will have a good chance of getting a visa.

And have a good reasons ready incase the ECO will ask her why she overstayed her visa and always tell the truth!

My friend overstayed her visa for almost 4 years but she was been issued a Spouse visa within 2 months without interview and now she's is happily living with her partner.