PDA

View Full Version : As it happened: Egypt unrest on Friday

Win2Win
29th January 2011, 03:50
Live coverage of Friday's unrest in Egypt, with protesters taking to the streets for a fourth day.

Content from... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/uk_politics/9380441.stm)

subseastu
29th January 2011, 07:29
I'm sort of glad that I'm not working in Egypt now!!! My old ship is working in the Gulf of suez and the only port she can call at down there is Suez. 5 people have been killed there now!! Still wouldn't stop the boys trying to get up the road for a beer!!

KeithD
29th January 2011, 11:09
Over 50 dead now :NoNo: ..... can't see the old fart holding on much longer.... it's all down to what the army does today, and usually in these situations they do squat. They are a defense force, not a militia to shoot it's own people like the police are.

subseastu
29th January 2011, 12:46
trouble is Egypt is a massive police state, We used to get secert police following us all the time. One estimate I was told by the locals that 5 or 6 in 10 where employed in some way by the secert police!! Alot of people can just disappear without a trace!! They do need a reform though, a more liberal one would be best but I can see it going more to the muslim fanatic end of the scale. We'll see if the U.S can influence anything