PDA

View Full Version : Dirtiest hotels in Asia

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 20:31
Fortunately none from Ph in the top 10:xxgrinning--00xx3: (info from Trip Advisor)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/DirtyHotels-g2

KeithD
27th January 2011, 23:40
Thing is, what may not be acceptable to our usual standards, may seem like class to the Asian people.

Pete/London
28th January 2011, 02:13
We stayed in a Hotel in Rishikesh,India that was so bad even the roaches were queuing to leave.Our office in Delhi had prebooked it and the town was full due to the Holi festival. There is also one in Bagio that would make the top ten:)

Englishman2010
28th January 2011, 08:18
I've just stayed at one in Makati that should have made the top 10 (The Citadel, P.Bourgos St), no roaches but the ceiling was like a paper mache mushy mess due a flood or leak in the room above, the place stank of damp, the bathroom and shower had a foul damp smell with rotten grout and sealant, loose tiles everywhere. The lift was so slow and old, it would have actually been quicker to walk to my room on the 29th floor:omg: But for 1900 a night in Makati I was never going to expect a palace

malditako
28th January 2011, 09:24
Fortunately none from Ph in the top 10:xxgrinning--00xx3: (info from Trip Advisor)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/DirtyHotels-g2

thats a good thing....what about top 20 then lol

KeithD
28th January 2011, 10:18
I've just stayed at one in Makati that should have made the top 10 (The Citadel, P.Bourgos St), no roaches but the ceiling was like a paper mache mushy mess due a flood or leak in the room above, the place stank of damp, the bathroom and shower had a foul damp smell with rotten grout and sealant, loose tiles everywhere. The lift was so slow and old, it would have actually been quicker to walk to my room on the 29th floor:omg: But for 1900 a night in Makati I was never going to expect a palace

Makes the one I stayed in for P3000 seem real posh :D

Englishman2010
28th January 2011, 12:20
Makes the one I stayed in for P3000 seem real posh :D

For 2600 a night The Lotus Garden and Best Western in Ermita are really good hotels. If they were in a better area they would be 4 or 5K a night easily. Really clean, well dec'd out, quality furnishings and nice bathrooms, decent sized rooms. I think I'll go back there next time I'm in Manila:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
29th January 2011, 20:14
We stayed in a Hotel in Rishikesh,India that was so bad even the roaches were queuing to leave.
I stayed in the sikh golden temple in amritsar,i had an austrian girlfriend at the time who thought it would be a lifechanging mystical experience(it wasnt:icon_lol:)but the charpois were home to zillions of bedbugs who syphoned my claret overnight and left me with an almighty itchy rash,you could have played dot-to-dot on my back the next morning and came up with some great pics:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
29th January 2011, 21:05
I've been to India quite a few times and never had a bad experience, but then again for about a fiver a night my hopes and expectations weren't that high anyway:icon_lol: Plenty of lobster sized roaches in the bathroom, and a few frogs and lizards in the room, but at least the frog and lizards kept the mossies at bay:xxgrinning--00xx3:
The only place I've had insects in the bed was a Holiday Inn Express just outside Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca, the bed was crawling with ants

grahamw48
30th January 2011, 01:59
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/567/muckyroom.jpg

I win. :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
30th January 2011, 07:24
:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3: Well done Graham
Was that before or after your stay:icon_lol: