PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Flights to the Philippines - Flight Offers

KeithD
27th January 2011, 11:11
Whether you are travelling, booking or not. If you discover any cheap flights to the Phil that can actually be booked then please let everyone know here.

As of Jan 2011, anything under £600 is a good price.

telford
27th January 2011, 12:02
I got ours in Crystal Travel for July at only £456 30 kls. Baggage... Flying with SA...

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 13:53
Flying with Saudi from LHR - MNL on April 8th to 25th, £507 booked with Netflights.com last July.

Flying from LHR it is still possible to get flights for £500 - £550, but if you want a regional airport, such as Birmingham, the choice of airlines is limited (KLM or Emirates in BHX's case) and £600 - £700 is the norm.

I get e-mail alerts from tripadviser.com and cheapflights.co.uk and yesterday there was a flight from BHX - MNL in March for £570

joebloggs
27th January 2011, 14:27
it looks like my stespn will be buying a ticket for end of march for £660 from KLM, he only wants to fly KLM or SIA :cwm24:

stevewool
27th January 2011, 17:26
just looking for flights from dec and return jan still not out yet:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 19:19
You can only buy airline tickets within 11 months of the return date, try mid to end of Feb Steve. I'm in the same position myself, I want to get my ticket a long way in advance to make sure it's sorted.

gWaPito
27th January 2011, 19:56
It looks like Joe's stepson got a wise head. We too, plan to fly KLM end of October. I've had enough of those middle east jobs, too long! For the money you are saving (roughly £150) you just as well spend that bit extra, with the knowledge that there is no shorter route. These flights can make or break a holiday when there are 2 of you flying. Not so bad when on your own, you can put up with more. Like I said before, if your pockets are not deep enough for bus class, buy 3 econ seats instead, great if there are 2 of you on a budget, like most of us on here. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3: Another thing I forgot to mention, with most of these cheaper flights, you get between 22 and 30 kilo's KLM you get 46 kilo. You can bring many cans of whatever you like back home to the UK with that allowance. Yes You can bring food cans back to the UK from Manila main airport. We did it back in November

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 20:15
It looks like Joe's stepson got a wise head. We too, plan to fly KLM end of October. I've had enough of those middle east jobs, too long! For the money you are saving (roughly £150) you just as well spend that bit extra, with the knowledge that there is no shorter route. These flights can make or break a holiday when there are 2 of you flying. Not so bad when on your own, you can put up with more. Like I said before, if your pockets are not deep enough for bus class, buy 3 econ seats instead, great if there are 2 of you on a budget, like most of us on here. :D:xxgrinning--00xx3: Another thing I forgot to mention, with most of these cheaper flights, you get between 22 and 30 kilo's KLM you get 46 kilo. You can bring many cans of whatever you like back home to the UK with that allowance. Yes You can bring food cans back to the UK from Manila main airport. We did it back in November

You make some very good points there Gwap:xxgrinning--00xx3: I'd always prefer KLM if the price is right, but I don't mind Emirates either. Emirates transfers in Dubai aren't usually too long (3 hrs) and as a smoker it makes a nice pit stop half way:D
Price is a major factor for me as I try to head east 3 or 4 times a year and have to set myself an annual budget for flying. saving £200 or so a flight can make the difference to squeeze in an extra trip.
As a solo traveller a few extra hours is neither here or there for me, but I don't want to experience another trip with a 9-10 wait each way in Doha:NoNo:

Englishman2010
28th January 2011, 23:33
I've just been having a nose at a few websites and found this on netflights.com, I wasn't aware of this myself, and will try it out next time I book.

Flights price match guarantee - terms and conditions
If you find an economy class schedule Carriers* airfare that is available to the UK Public ** from another high street travel agent, on-line travel agent or travel call centre to any destination then we will match the fare.

Before booking the airfare you must obtain a printed confirmation of the competitor's airfare on headed paper or take a screenshot of the web page. This must include air fare price, travel dates, airline and number of passengers.

Please e-mail us at pricematch@netflights.com with the details for us to match the quote. We will then validate the quote with our competitor and make the booking for you.

Price match guarantee can only be applied to airlines that Netflights.com can sell. Price match guarantee does not include any bonding or Airline failure protections charges.

* Applies to UK departing Schedule carriers only (and not low cost or charter airlines). ** Applies to fares any UK Citizen can access and not Student, Senior Citizen or close user group fares.

KeithD
28th January 2011, 23:51
Priceline.co.uk have KLM flights for £553 MAN-MNL ..... that's cheap
£502 LHR-MNL Royal Brunei
These are end of Mrh/Apr haven't checked every date!!!

joebloggs
29th January 2011, 09:06
Priceline.co.uk have KLM flights for £553 MAN-MNL ..... that's cheap
£502 LHR-MNL Royal Brunei
These are end of Mrh/Apr haven't checked every date!!!

:xxgrinning--00xx3: scouser keith looks like klm have an offer on, time for me stepson to buy a ticket

Languish
2nd February 2011, 00:17
£630 using Qatar in March.

KeithD
2nd February 2011, 01:32
£457 Now with KLM via Priceline March-April

joebloggs
2nd February 2011, 12:03
£457 Now with KLM via Priceline March-April

:yikes: i'll have to check the dates, stepsons just paid £560 :doh:bigcry::angry:

KeithD
2nd February 2011, 12:10
Same with LastMinute and I imagine Travelocity.... must all be the same company.

joebloggs
2nd February 2011, 14:22
even on klm web site its gone down to £473 from £567 :doh:bigcry::angry:

Englishman2010
2nd February 2011, 17:24

:rolleyes: So much for me booking 9 months in advance thinking I was getting a saving:cwm23: Just over £500 with Saudi for April plus I have to get to LHR, would have preferred KLM from BHX

Breakfast
2nd February 2011, 19:34

I have flow a few times with KLM from my regional airport and have notice huge price differences during a single 24 hour period. I think it is worth watching the price fluctuations and judging the best time to book.

I have a theory that if you use two different browsers (say IE and Google Chrome) and keep both open and monitor the price in both windows then you can still grab a cheaper price, even if the price has gone up in your other browser window.

joebloggs
2nd February 2011, 22:46
i've been watching the prices since jan for SIA or KLM tickets, only in the last week has the price dropped to £560 and today to £473 :NoNo:

time to buy if your going, i cant see you getting a better deal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Howerd
4th February 2011, 19:04
SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES (booked direct today)

£424

LHR - MNL 4 March, 2011
MNL - LHR 23 March, 2011

£397

LHR - MNL 18 Dec, 2011
MNL - LHR 29 Dec, 2011

Englishman2010
4th February 2011, 20:49
A couple of bargains there Howerd:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just a word of warning: I have flights booked with Saudi for April and December this year. Saudi have decided to change the flight times after I've booked. It hasn't really caused any problems for April, but it totally screwed up my homeward journey for Dec/Jan 2012. Initially my Manila to Jeddah leg gave me 3 hours transfer time before my flight to Heathrow. However, they have now put the flight back by an hour and 50 mins, and added a stop at Hong Kong, which means I arrive in Jeddah at the exact same time my flight to Heathrow is set to depart.
I rang them and asked them to see if they could do something about this. Initially they offered to put me on a later flight from Jeddah which would mean a 12 hour wait in Jeddah:cwm23: I wasn't happy about that and asked them to find me another flight from Manila to Heathrow with a reasonable transfer. The best they could offer was a flight via Riyhad with a 7 hour transit:rolleyes: the only consolation is that I now leave Manila a day later so at least I get an extra day in the Phils with my mahal.

If it werent for the fact I only paid £397 for it I would be really upset. As they are currently about £300 cheaper than KLM and Emirates for the same dates, I'll have to accept it

Terpe
4th February 2011, 21:31
.......... I wasn't happy about that and asked them to find me another flight from Manila to Heathrow with a reasonable transfer. The best they could offer was a flight via Riyhad with a 7 hour transit:rolleyes: the only consolation is that I now leave Manila a day later so at least I get an extra day in the Phils with my mahal.

If it werent for the fact I only paid £397 for it I would be really upset. As they are currently about £300 cheaper than KLM and Emirates for the same dates, I'll have to accept it

For me, I'm OK to spend extra to be sure of minimal transit times. Even a couple of hundred. But then I only travel to Phils a couple a times a year.
I really hate and detest those long stopovers.

KeithD
4th February 2011, 21:33
2hr stopover for me max usually wherever I'm going. That just gives you enough time to pee and have a coffee inbetween flights :)

Terpe
4th February 2011, 21:38
2hr stopover for me max usually wherever I'm going. That just gives you enough time to pee and have a coffee inbetween flights :)

That's the way, Aha Aha, I like it.:D

Englishman2010
4th February 2011, 21:40
For me, I'm OK to spend extra to be sure of minimal transit times. Even a couple of hundred. But then I only travel to Phils a couple a times a year.
I really hate and detest those long stopovers.

I usually take a similar view Terpe, and fly from my local airport, Birmingham, with either KLM or Emirates. I can't fault either of them for service, travel time and transfers, but I usually pay between £600 and £700 for this level of convenience. I went to the Phils 3 times last year, but wanted to go 4 times this year. I have a maximum budget for my annual travels, and the extra trip this year has meant that I've had to cut back on my flight costs and compromise. I managed to get an Emirates flight from Brum to HK for August, but I've had to go for cheaper options with Saudi for April and December to squeeze in my extra trip.

Terpe
4th February 2011, 21:45
I usually take a similar view Terpe, and fly from my local airport, Birmingham, with either KLM or Emirates. I can't fault either of them for service, travel time and transfers, but I usually pay between £600 and £700 for this level of convenience. I went to the Phils 3 times last year, but wanted to go 4 times this year. I have a maximum budget for my annual travels, and the extra trip this year has meant that I've had to cut back on my flight costs and compromise. I managed to get an Emirates flight from Brum to HK for August, but I've had to go for cheaper options with Saudi for April and December to squeeze in my extra trip.

I am thinking 2011 I will fly to Davao with Singapore Air.
But in case I will decide for Manila, how do you rate KLM? I never jolined with them. Don't know why. Transfer times is OK??

stevewool
4th February 2011, 21:51
hi all well we have not booked the great dael i said about saudi, but now we are going out on the 28th dec to hong kong stay there for new year then fly out jan 2/3 to manila then back to england on jan 20th all with cathay and the price is £555 each i think a bargin, our extended honeymoon in hong kong for me and Emma

Terpe
4th February 2011, 21:56
hi all well we have not booked the great dael i said about saudi, but now we are going out on the 28th dec to hong kong stay there for new year then fly out jan 2/3 to manila then back to england on jan 20th all with cathay and the price is £555 each i think a bargin, our extended honeymoon in hong kong for me and Emma

Steve, I nearly always fly Cathay.
That price (£555) sounds unbeatable to me, as long a transit time is acceptable to you.

Englishman2010
4th February 2011, 21:57
I am thinking 2011 I will fly to Davao with Singapore Air.
But in case I will decide for Manila, how do you rate KLM? I never jolined with them. Don't know why. Transfer times is OK??

The plus factors with KLM are that they fly from around 15 local airports in the Uk to Amsterdam and then direct to Manila from Amsterdam. Due to the high number of regional flights from the UK to Amsterdam each day, transfer times at Schippol are usually very short, 90 mins to 2 hrs. The flight time from Amsterdam to Manila is around 12 to 13 hours. They are the quickest way to get to the Phil's by a good few hours. Emirates are pretty good too, but it takes about 19 hours including the approx 3 hr transfer in Dubai.
I don't think KLM's in flight service is particularly good and their aircraft are a bit old, in comparison Emirates are first class, I love flying with them. However, KLM or Emirates, I'm happy to go with either, for different reasons, but as long as the price is right.

Englishman2010
4th February 2011, 22:00

Nice one Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3: You should have a great time in Hong Kong, 3 or 4 days is a nice break there. I'm going back there for a few days in Aug too.
There are plenty of cheap options to get from HK to Manila for less than £100 rtn each

stevewool
4th February 2011, 22:01
it all sounds to go the times, leaving london 8,40 pm arrive next day 5.45pm, hotel 20 kms away from airport , the marriott, then we fly out jan 2 or 3 at 5.45pm and get to manila at 7 45pmcoming back to england leave late again and arrived next morning just after 6amsounds sweet to me and going to disney while at hong kong my treat

Terpe
4th February 2011, 22:02
The plus factors with KLM are that they fly from around 15 local airports in the Uk to Amsterdam and then direct to Manila from Amsterdam. Due to the high number of regional flights from the UK to Amsterdam each day, transfer times at Schippol are usually very short, 90 mins to 2 hrs. The flight time from Amsterdam to Manila is around 12 to 13 hours. They are the quickest way to get to the Phil's by a good few hours. Emirates are pretty good too, but it takes about 19 hours including the approx 3 hr transfer in Dubai.
I don't think KLM's in flight service is particularly good and their aircraft are a bit old, in comparison Emirates are first class, I love flying with them. However, KLM or Emirates, I'm happy to go with either, for different reasons, but as long as the price is right.

Thanks for your advice. great.

stevewool
4th February 2011, 22:03
we was going direct as we said before to manila then onwards to borocay for a week or so , but we have done that then you start to think of the kids while we are there so this is going to be our treat to ourselves, but Ian we will be around cavite from jan 2 to the 20th so i meet up for drinks if you are around, and that includes anyone too

Englishman2010
4th February 2011, 22:15
we was going direct as we said before to manila then onwards to borocay for a week or so , but we have done that then you start to think of the kids while we are there so this is going to be our treat to ourselves, but Ian we will be around cavite from jan 2 to the 20th so i meet up for drinks if you are around, and that includes anyone too

We'll defintely meet up Steve, I get there on Dec 30th, I'm not sure where I'll be going during my stay in the Phil's but I'll be around for a few days at the same time. Elaine would love to meet you and Emma too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th February 2011, 22:19
Will get in touch nearer the time. Too early for me just yet.
If we are in Marikina we would love to join anywhere.
God Bless
Insha'Allah
etc etc

stevewool
4th February 2011, 22:21
marikina is were we will be going sometime to Terpe,thats where Emmas dad still lives

Terpe
4th February 2011, 22:26
marikina is were we will be going sometime to Terpe,thats where Emmas dad still lives

Crikey, almost a date already.:D

stevewool
4th February 2011, 22:35
funny how not long ago we all did not know each other but look at us all and it just shows how small the world is really

joebloggs
5th February 2011, 09:56
i wonder when any of us saw another whitey in the phils, what the chances that person was a member on this forum :rolleyes:

KeithD
5th February 2011, 10:13
If they are extremely fat and hairy, and wearing shorts and flip flops, 0% ..... it's an American :D

stevewool
5th February 2011, 10:14
indeed , we should get hats made without the kiss me quick but fillipino forum:icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevewool
5th February 2011, 10:18
not the fat but the rest , thats me:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevie c
5th February 2011, 13:01

steve me & florsel may be going to the phils next xmas & new year not decided yet but if we are we will definitely meet up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th February 2011, 13:17
hay ho steve some good flights at this time coming out , when i booked to se emma i paid £615 booked that july and flown on dec 09 so dont wait to long, and be great to meet up

PeterUK
5th February 2011, 14:11
I see most of you tend to use KLM or Emirates. Myself I tend to use Etihad, I was working in Abu Dhabi for last 1.5 years, so was through ease of use for me. I can understand that most people who only fly 1 or 2 times a year transit times and price are the overiding factor. I am also aware that the Airport at Abu Dhabi in no way can be compared to the facilities at Dubai.

For those that travel more than 1 or 2 times a year, do many of you belong to the Flight Guest programmes available. I am a Gold Member on Etihad and looked at staying with the same airline for the following reasons:

I get an extra 15kg of luggage on all flights
Get to use the buisness class check in desk even when flying economy
Free use of Buisness Class lounge with 1 guest (Good when few hours transit. The buisness lounge in Abu Dhabi is very good)
Free use of showers, massage, and ironing of fresh clothes

Now I admit that the tickets are not always the cheapest compared to some of the great deals some are getting on here, but the rewards points I get means about every 4 flights I have enough points to use for a free flight and always use that one at peak times when tickets are overpriced ie Christmas and Easter. Also when flying through Abu Dhabi as a gold member I have had free upgrades to buisness class seats on at least 50% of the time so an added bonus.

So in reality with all that you are in fact getting over a 25% discount on price paid if you use the free flight at the right time. Also all the points from my gf,daughter,and kids from previous marriage who visit me in the Phils are credited to my account so they soon mount up.

I know rewards programmes are not for everyone and in no way am I selling Etihad:) but those that fly more than 2 times a year should consider joining. I know Emirates have a good reward programme as well.

Now stuck in Syria working:NoNo: and from here no airline seems to have decent transit times so end up in Abu Dhabi for over 7 hours now and takes over 24 hrs to reach home to Phils.

JimOttley
5th February 2011, 15:57
Yes Peter, I would always join the programme, I was Flying Blue Platinum for two years and had half a million miles at one point, I lose my lounge privileges in April and baggage privileges April 2012 to be honest I rarely used the KLM lounge in Schipol and the KLM one in NAIA is not very good and is often very busy so I always used Club Manila in NAIA for 600 odd peso.

Exactly same reasons as you it does work out at a free flight every year if you travel 3 or 4 times, if you only fly twice a year it can still be worth buying business class (if you are already elite) because of the miles multiplier so you get two bonuses you get a free flight have a better chance of staying elite and when you are flying you are much more comfortable.

KLM Flying Blue was a great scheme very generous up to about two years ago then they tightened up a lot, fewer miles on economy fares harder to qualify for elite, miles expired quicker 22 months instead of 36 months, so not as good now and I have less than 100,00 miles left so I look for the promo awards where possible managed to get one at Christmas UK to Manila one way for 20,000 miles it's usually 40,000.

Definitely good advice to join a programme even if you only fly once a year.

stevewool
5th February 2011, 16:38
we first flew with etihad and what a grteat experiance that was, upgraded coming back which was a bonus, but i have not thought about flying rewards, i do use the rewards program with marriot vacation club been using it for years and that to me is great, the only problem is it spoils you, you get use to having the best and its nice to be spoilt too sometimes,

Englishman2010
5th February 2011, 17:48
Regarding reward points, I'm building mine up, but didn't bother registering on my first two flights to Asia:doh I'm now with AF/KLM Flying Blue, Emirates and Saudi's reward programmes. It probably doesn't really make sense to use 3 different schemes as the points can't be used anywhere else.
I've got enough for a one way to Manila with KLM, as long as its half points on one of their promotions or enough for a return to the NE USA or Canada, I might take up the latter option as one of my best friends lives in Maine.

JimOttley
5th February 2011, 18:38
Regarding reward points, I'm building mine up, but didn't bother registering on my first two flights to Asia:doh I'm now with AF/KLM Flying Blue, Emirates and Saudi's reward programmes. It probably doesn't really make sense to use 3 different schemes as the points can't be used anywhere else.
I've got enough for a one way to Manila with KLM, as long as its half points on one of their promotions or enough for a return to the NE USA or Canada, I might take up the latter option as one of my best friends lives in Maine.

If you ever build up a lot in one scheme you may want to ask for a status match transfer to another scheme so always worth being a member of the other ones just in case but yes how many times a year are you going to fly on multiple different airlines, depends on your job I guess some people get to fly loads.

Terpe
5th February 2011, 18:56
Loyalty schemes are a great idea.
Unfortunately those dizzy heights days are gone for me.
I was a gold member with BA for many years. Such good days they were too.
I actually had many many completely free flights and hotel stays all around the world.
Same with Virgin also.
Ah, happy days.
Never tired of travelling.

Englishman2010
5th February 2011, 20:18
If you ever build up a lot in one scheme you may want to ask for a status match transfer to another scheme so always worth being a member of the other ones just in case but yes how many times a year are you going to fly on multiple different airlines, depends on your job I guess some people get to fly loads.

Unfortunately I have to pay for all of my own flights, I fly for pleasure not for work, therefore I always have to find the cheapest and most practical route which means using a variety of airlines.
I don't know what the equivalent of 3 UK - Ph return trips in economy a year is worth in points and how many flights it would take to get a free UK - PH return?

I've currently got 2 X far east returns with KLM in points, 2 X far east returns with Emirates and 2 X far east returns with Saudi

Terpe
5th February 2011, 20:46
Unfortunately I have to pay for all of my own flights, I fly for pleasure not for work, therefore I always have to find the cheapest and most practical route which means using a variety of airlines.
I don't know what the equivalent of 3 UK - Ph return trips in economy a year is worth in points and how many flights it would take to get a free UK - PH return?

I've currently got 2 X far east returns with KLM in points, 2 X far east returns with Emirates and 2 X far east returns with Saudi

Englishman, if it's your own hard earned money, it's gotta be difficult to gain sufficient
cost/benefit rewards. IMHO

Englishman2010
5th February 2011, 21:20
Englishman, if it's your own hard earned money, it's gotta be difficult to gain sufficient
cost/benefit rewards. IMHO

TBH, that's always been my opinion, which is why I have booked flights with a variety of airlines based on costs and other practical reasons. Having said that, if I can build up enough points with an Airline to get a free flight, I'm not going to refuse it, but booking with one airline to get another few points isn't high on my list of priorities.
I've just registered with PAL for Mabuhay miles too as I usually take 3 or 4 flights a year with them too. Even if it only gets me a free flight to the Visaya's from Manila, I'll still have it. Now to put a claim in for my missing miles from Jan (HKG - MNL round trip, and MNL to PPS roundtrip), if I'm lucky I might have enough for a trike ride from the airport to Makati:rolleyes:

JimOttley
5th February 2011, 22:34

Me too I have always had to pay for my own flights, sadly the scheme is not as generous now. If you took 3 of the cheapest flights a year with KLM at an average of around £650 quid each you would only get 21672 miles which would not get you status for the second year and you need status to start ramping up the miles in the subsequent years.

That's about 2000 quid for 21000 miles, in the old days you could have gotten 45000 miles for about 1500 to 2000 quid plus you would have attained Gold elite by that time, now you would need 4 flights to get silver.

KLM Silver gives you double baggage allowance and 150% miles on all future flights, Gold gives you lounge, double bags and 175% miles on future flights, Platinum does not give you a lot more but you have a much better chance of getting a free upgrade.

You also get access to better seats at reduced prices.

In reality you really have to have a reason to be going 4 times a year now in order to qualify for elite status and that is not easy for many folk, I was lucky when I started going over that the system was more generous at the time.

I would still collect miles on all the different programmes if I could as even if you fly different ones all the time eventually you will build up a useful number of miles on each one and each flight you take will help prevent expiry of your bonuses.

Englishman2010
5th February 2011, 22:46
I would still collect miles on all the different programmes if I could as even if you fly different ones all the time eventually you will build up a useful number of miles on each one and each flight you take will help prevent expiry of your bonuses.

That makes sense Jim, and is what I am doing. Whilst a free flight or an upgrade at a future date would be nice, I'm not banking on it.

I've just looked at KLM's promo awards, they are offering 50% off certain routes before the end of Feb. There are some pretty good deals there, and they also have a 20% discount on buying additional miles. As it happens, I dont want to go (or can't afford to) anywhere in Feb, but I'll keep on looking throughout the year and perhaps something will take my fancy:)

JimOttley
5th February 2011, 23:39
Yeah I'm trying to stretch the miles I have left by using promos, Manila is not on the list this period but might be next period, they often alternate back and forth over their promo periods.

Buying miles is about equal to buying a flight but always remember you will still be paying the taxes even on award flights, it really only makes sense if you get to buy a promo award or if you are a few miles short of an award flight.

KeithD
6th February 2011, 15:50
If you live in the NW and want to fly KLM and save a few £££££'s, flying from Liverpool is cheaper than Manchester even though it's further. The downside is a 4hr wait in Holland rather than 2hrs.

JimOttley
6th February 2011, 16:04
They run 4 flights a day Liverpool-Amsterdam two of them connect up with the 14:00 KL803 flight, personally I prefer the earlier flight as I like Schipol airport and I like knowing that I am definitely on time :)

The later Liverpool-AMS flight gets you to Schipol just in time, you have to rush to board the next flight, I prefer a slower pace.

The saving on the flight is only a few quid but I also save about 20 quid on taxi fares.

steve monty
6th February 2011, 17:31
i wonder when any of us saw another whitey in the phils, what the chances that person was a member on this forum :rolleyes:

This is the strange thing, only a couple of days ago after reading posts that I was in Boracay at the same time as stevewool back in Jan '10!!! We also stayed at the same hotel, Fairways and Bluewater also!!!

ghee101
6th February 2011, 18:18
If they are extremely fat and hairy, and wearing shorts and flip flops, 0% ..... it's an American :D

bwahahaha

...and what? baseball cap :)

stevewool
6th February 2011, 18:52
This is the strange thing, only a couple of days ago after reading posts that I was in Boracay at the same time as stevewool back in Jan '10!!! We also stayed at the same hotel, Fairways and Bluewater also!!!

wow if only , i did not see any other so called white person there at all, fairways , in through the gate off the road turn right then down to the bottom villis that was our place, a nice place the beach was amazing we had it all to ourselves but the next week we stayed at oceanbreeze. soooooooooooooooooooooo nice and cheaper too

steve monty
6th February 2011, 19:46
wow if only , i did not see any other so called white person there at all, fairways , in through the gate off the road turn right then down to the bottom villis that was our place, a nice place the beach was amazing we had it all to ourselves but the next week we stayed at oceanbreeze. soooooooooooooooooooooo nice and cheaper too

Well you wouldn't have saw us at breakfast as we never got up for that! :D well only a few times, usually sat there and watched the Basketball on the TV there!

We were staying at the Maria and Margarita complex, from the way you were talking you were on the other side of the golf course to us. We did make use of drink all you can between 5-7 for 250php each! :D

I would love to stay on white beach, but all the resorts seem so expensive. Is oceanbreeze actually on the beachfront?

JimOttley
6th February 2011, 19:56
I would love to stay on white beach, but all the resorts seem so expensive. Is oceanbreeze actually on the beachfront?

Crystal Sands Resort is on the beach front, it used to be 2200 peso a night and it was nice, they are all getting dearer now, June through August can be a bit cheaper though and you can still get good weather even then.

JimOttley
6th February 2011, 20:07
Let me correct my post, I've just done some research on current prices and it's gotten ridiculous what used to be per room prices are now per person prices and what used to be 2200 peso is now 3995 peso :(

So basically nearly 4 times the price it was just 3 years ago.

Real shame I won't ever be going back at those prices.

stevewool
6th February 2011, 20:08
oceanbreeze is at station 3 a walk up a alley way and you were there, so to me it was close enough, we paid £150 for the week and you had a kitchen in the garden were you could cook all your food , well emma cooked all my food:icon_lol:

stevewool
6th February 2011, 20:11
the only reason we used fairways was its part on the timeshare i use other then that i could not afford those places ,oceanbreeze was a so call back packers place but was so nice and a fresh made coffee outside your door every morning, a realy nice place to be

Terpe
6th February 2011, 20:46
Let me correct my post, I've just done some research on current prices and it's gotten ridiculous what used to be per room prices are now per person prices and what used to be 2200 peso is now 3995 peso :(

So basically nearly 4 times the price it was just 3 years ago.

Real shame I won't ever be going back at those prices.

2009, we paid P1375 per room with A/C and cable TV just a few meters up an ally walkway from the beach. Simple but very nice. Although the CR didn't work too good.
My gosh, is it really that price now.
Hey Bohol here I come!:)

JimOttley
6th February 2011, 20:53
2009, we paid P1375 per room with A/C and cable TV just a few meters up an ally walkway from the beach. Simple but very nice. Although the CR didn't work too good.
My gosh, is it really that price now.

We've use the off beach places before too a couple of times but only because of availability issues wasn't that much cheaper than we could have got if we had booked earlier.

These are web prices, I think I might call to see if I could get a better direct price, problem is Boracay is getting a name internationally now so I think they are all just cashing in. The switch to per person pricing is just ridiculous :omg:

And at the end of the day Boracay is far too commercial now anyway, it's not what it used to be, sadly I missed it back in the unspoiled days.

Steve.r
6th February 2011, 20:55
Well, I just bought my ticket through Southhall Travel. I generally leave it a bit late to book, but i think i did ok. I wanted to go for April back in May. £545 with Royal Brunei :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ashleygerrald
17th February 2011, 06:37
Thanks for the info., they have been quite useful to me. I'll be flying to Manila next month but was skeptical about the timings. My experience with Emirates airlines has been quite good but 19 hrs. journey from Amsterdam is too long!! Need to look at the alternatives.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ghee101
25th February 2011, 04:07

mark cant handle the transfers and long travel so he settled for emirates at £711.02. now i have to be the host :Erm:

ghee101
25th February 2011, 04:10

i want to go there too. i hope it wont be too costly. its summer and peak season for travel around the PH :NoNo:

KeithD
6th March 2011, 00:21
Manchester - Manila
KLM & SIA are doing discount on certain May/June flights: £650 .... Priceline

briancol
28th March 2011, 18:15
Whether you are travelling, booking or not. If you discover any cheap flights to the Phil that can actually be booked then please let everyone know here.
As of Jan 2011, anything under £600 is a good price. I WISH, ive just been quoted £978 from belfast to Butuan city, i paid more or less the same lasnt Nov or Dec to fly out on Jan 2011. thats without insurance.

KeithD
28th March 2011, 19:25
I WISH, ive just been quoted £978 from belfast to Butuan city, i paid more or less the same lasnt Nov or Dec to fly out on Jan 2011. thats without insurance.

You do live in a foreign country :icon_lol:

Most flights we quote are based on LHR>MNL or MAN>MNL

You don't have to take what you are given. You can book a flight to say Heathrow yourself. Then book LHR to Hong Kong, then book another seperate flight to your destination.

You'll find a lot of airlines are not included in the online sites. For instance going to Vegas you only get quoted the big US airlines, yet just go to Chicago, and book your own flight onto to Vegas with SouthWest Airlines. Sometimes this can work out cheaper, however you're luggage is not checked through doing it this way, but if it saves £200 or so, it has to be worth it.

mikey73
28th March 2011, 19:32
booked a flight from edinburgh to manila last week with KLM and i was £704. fly out the 2nd week of may and come back the first week of june.

scott&ligaya
30th March 2011, 12:18
Qatar are doing good deals right now with only 1 hr 30 min stop overs in Doha into Heathrow

Toneec
18th April 2011, 15:02
Most are with Saudia, but there are other options, if price is important, well worth a look.
They list from £380 depart from Heathrow, arrive Manila.
My last flight was £399 at quite short notice.
Given a choice I prefer KLM, more direct less hanging around. Cathay Pacfic is also good choice.

madmitch537
1st May 2011, 17:38
hi everyone
im new here and have been fascinated by the relevant and often usefull info on this site ive been dating a lovely girl in the phils for over three yrs ive always booked last thing within days of leaving and of course paying prices from £600 to £800 depending on the season xmas being the worse
what i would like to find info on is flying to alternative airports that do exist
i hate the experience of flying to mailla then usually a taxi to the coach depot then onwards to a city called olongapo which often takes up to 4or more hrs after 15+ hrs of flying time its not great
near olongapo city well about an hr or so is a popular city called angeles there is an old us military airport known as clark airport which does have a couple of companies flying in and out of there
one i know to be a small company called tiger airlines and a larger company asiana airlines
tiger fly to singapore a usefull stop over place to get to the philippines
has any one tried or even flied to here?????????
i did find timetables etc for tiger airlines which fly small prop propelled planes here the prices seem cheap to
i have not been brave enough to risk flying to singapore then making my way to clark via this airline
my obvious concern is the reliability of the service and information on the internet
i do know angeles is a popular place for tourists etc esp american so someone must of tried this method
it would save me hrs rather than cost and be so much easier for my girl to meet me here
any help tips or advice even experience of using this airport would be great
olongapo has a great airport but since the americans handed back the base its on back into filipino control only fed ex seem to fly in there shame for me
thanks for reading even more if i get any replies

steve monty
9th May 2011, 20:27
Malaysia Airlines have a flight sale at the moment. book now until the 17 May. and the travel period is 15 August to 31 March 2012. You might be able to select a flight which is £1 excluding taxes.

Hope this helps people.

karenkeith
24th June 2011, 15:10
everything goes expensive!!:doh

The Wurzel
15th July 2011, 13:32
hi everyone
im new here and have been fascinated by the relevant and often usefull info on this site ive been dating a lovely girl in the phils for over three yrs ive always booked last thing within days of leaving and of course paying prices from £600 to £800 depending on the season xmas being the worse
what i would like to find info on is flying to alternative airports that do exist
i hate the experience of flying to mailla then usually a taxi to the coach depot then onwards to a city called olongapo which often takes up to 4or more hrs after 15+ hrs of flying time its not great
near olongapo city well about an hr or so is a popular city called angeles there is an old us military airport known as clark airport which does have a couple of companies flying in and out of there
one i know to be a small company called tiger airlines and a larger company asiana airlines
tiger fly to singapore a usefull stop over place to get to the philippines
has any one tried or even flied to here?????????
i did find timetables etc for tiger airlines which fly small prop propelled planes here the prices seem cheap to
i have not been brave enough to risk flying to singapore then making my way to clark via this airline
my obvious concern is the reliability of the service and information on the internet
i do know angeles is a popular place for tourists etc esp american so someone must of tried this method
it would save me hrs rather than cost and be so much easier for my girl to meet me here
any help tips or advice even experience of using this airport would be great
olongapo has a great airport but since the americans handed back the base its on back into filipino control only fed ex seem to fly in there shame for me
thanks for reading even more if i get any replies

I have flown in and out of Clark with Tiger Airways flying Australia Singapore Clark. Excellent value for the money.

In addition look at Air Asia they also use Clark as their hub.

Also Aiir manila.

Happy travels

grahamw48
8th May 2012, 14:38
Helloooo....and :welcomex:

Why not put a post in the 'introduce yourself' section on the forum ? :)

Plus.....tell us a bit about yourself. ;)

chippy
31st May 2012, 16:13
I cant find priceline.co.uk has it gone under ?

Terpe
1st June 2012, 09:07
I cant find priceline.co.uk has it gone under ?

http://www.priceline.com/default.asp?refid=PLGOOGLECPC&refclickid=BRAND_NEW__INTL_TEST_1

Ako Si Jamie
3rd July 2012, 19:44
I have flown in and out of Clark with Tiger Airways flying Australia Singapore Clark. Excellent value for the money.

In addition look at Air Asia they also use Clark as their hub.

Also Aiir manila.

Happy travelsWe flew to Boracay from Clark with Tiger. Cost £78 return for two of us but that was with 20kg each of baggage.

Spoke to a fella from Frankfurt on the same flight and he paid 800 pesos I think for a one way ticket.

Emma423
7th October 2012, 17:00
jetradar.com (http://www.jetradar.com/?marker=15048) is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.
thank you very much;)

irishman12
8th October 2012, 20:18
hello emma ,welcome ,are u looking flight to manila?flight comparision sites are ok but that doesnt mean they are the cheapest flights available ,many airline offer sales -so if u know about these sales -then fares can be up to 50% lower than what u might find on comparision site

andy222
8th October 2012, 21:58
A lot depends on where you are travelling from ie which airport.

thumperdean
16th December 2012, 17:40
hi, i always look at hot uk deals for bargains, people post and get ratings hot or cold, if you type in flights you can see the flights and you can read the comments to see what people are saying and get related information, hope it will be of use to someone even if it's not for a flight. :wink:

Ako Si Jamie
16th December 2012, 18:36
A lot depends on where you are travelling from ie which airport.Correct Andy. Flying from Heathrow is a lot cheaper.

SimonH
1st March 2013, 09:53
I found Gatwick slightly cheaper than Heathrow with Emirates. Use skyscanner or kayak to search for the best deals, and then review the travel agent before committing.

South-east boy
1st March 2013, 17:21
Royal Brunei have a special offer on for £529 through crystal Travel from 2 March-27th March and 2nd April- June 21st.

SimonH
10th March 2013, 10:47
Emirates offering £604 return at the moment

Crystal Travel
20th April 2013, 15:37
Hello Admin, this is very old post....... ADVERTISING POST REMOVED PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FORUM. IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE ON THE FORUM CONTACT ADMIN FOR OPTIONS. ANY FURTHER ADVERTISING POSTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED

raynaputi
20th April 2013, 15:51
Hello Admin, this is very old post your need is fullfilled but kindly subscribe our weekend newsletter for best cheapest travel deals.:smile:

Why not you avail of the forum's advertisement banners so you can promote your travel deals to the members here? Just click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page instead of promoting your company in every post.

Pete/London
20th April 2013, 22:03
I had to book a flight at short notice on Thurs for my wife, she travelled Fri morn with Cathay to Clarke for £610 return, pretty good price I thought.

grahamw48
20th April 2013, 22:26
Yeah...pretty good that for short notice and decent airline. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
20th April 2013, 22:56
I had to book a flight at short notice on Thurs for my wife, she travelled Fri morn with Cathay to Clarke for £610 return, pretty good price I thought.Very good price short notice especially going to Clark. Cost me £630 with Cathay going to Clark last year and that was booked 2 months in advance.

Terpe
21st April 2013, 10:39
I had to book a flight at short notice on Thurs for my wife, she travelled Fri morn with Cathay to Clarke for £610 return, pretty good price I thought.

Great stuff :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Good price for Cathy. I actually prefer Clark.

Pete/London
21st April 2013, 11:01
I have to follow now so will be looking to fly, probably on Wed, so hope our friends can come up with similar price. That's with 30k baggage allowance.
The only drawback was being unable to choose seating , but due to circumstances for travel the check in staff allocated my wife and her sister row of 3 seats for the two of them. It doesn`t matter for me as I will be travelling alone.

goldyhorn1
24th May 2013, 12:29
Flight under £600.I searched and found a flight for
£ 562.95 GBP
Price per adult:
Total price including tax and booking fee: £ 562.95 GBP

Outbound: Sat 01 February 14
Departing

Arriving

Duration

Availability

Airline

09:30
London Heathrow Apt, United Kingdom

16:25
+ 1 day(s)
Manila Ninoy Aquino International Apt, Philippines

1 stop(s)
22:55

good

Kuwait Airways
[Kuwait Airways]

Inbound: Sat 22 February 14
Departing

Arriving

Duration

Availability

Airline

23:15
Manila Ninoy Aquino International Apt, Philippines

16:00
+ 1 day(s)
London Heathrow Apt, United Kingdom

1 stop(s)
24:45

good

Kuwait Airways
[Kuwait Airways] this was only a search I doubt if I'll be going

London_Manila
25th May 2013, 06:33
Very good price short notice especially going to Clark. Cost me £630 with Cathay going to Clark last year and that was booked 2 months in advance.

Prices for Clark this June are around £1000 :yikes:
Even returns to Manila are around £900
The last time i came back from Clark (April) the plane was full so it looks like Cathay have adjusted their prices accordingly now this route has become popular

I prefer flying Cathay Pacific but i cant justify paying £300 extra over airlines like Singapore

SimonH
25th May 2013, 07:51
There are still deals to be had if you are willing to do a bit of leg work.
Look for a flight to either Hong Kong or Singapore on such web sites as Skyscanner or Kayak and see what deals you can come up with, then look at Tiger Airways, Phil Air, or Cebu Pacific for the connecting flight to Clark.
Things to remember doing it this way though
1. Check your connecting time between flights, you will have to collect your luggage and book in again.
2. Luggage allowance, just because your first flight allows you a 30kg allowance you may only get a 20kg on the next leg.

Ako Si Jamie
25th May 2013, 08:13
Prices for Clark this June are around £1000 :yikes:
Even returns to Manila are around £900
The last time i came back from Clark (April) the plane was full so it looks like Cathay have adjusted their prices accordingly now this route has become popular

I prefer flying Cathay Pacific but i cant justify paying £300 extra over airlines like SingaporeWhen I went last June the route between HK and Clark with DragonAir (Cathay) was new, about a week old, and there were only about 20 people on the plane.

stevewool
25th May 2013, 08:20
never flown into clark, what the disadvantage and whats the advantages to flying there, and if our destination was say cavite and marikina then onwards to bohol would it be worth it over manila

Ako Si Jamie
25th May 2013, 08:21
There are still deals to be had if you are willing to do a bit of leg work.
Very true.

SimonH
25th May 2013, 08:30
As with everything it depends where your final destination is, you wouldn't fly into Gatwick if your final destination was Glasgow would you.
If your destination is Cavite or Marikina then the obvious choice is Manila, but if you want to go to Bohol then check the internal flights from either Clark or Manila and see which one suits your pocket or timescale.

stevewool
25th May 2013, 09:28
the trouble with the phils there is no final destination, i am the sort of person that always wants to see what is around the corner

London_Manila
26th May 2013, 05:30
When I went last June the route between HK and Clark with DragonAir (Cathay) was new, about a week old, and there were only about 20 people on the plane.

Yes it was like that back in November also but in April it was a big change

London_Manila
26th May 2013, 05:41
never flown into clark, what the disadvantage and whats the advantages to flying there, and if our destination was say cavite and marikina then onwards to bohol would it be worth it over manila

Anything that avoids the scrum at Manila airport has to be a good thing
Flying into Manila airport is not so bad but flying out is a real pain

traffick getting to the airport
long lines just to get inside the airport
long check in lines
long lines at immigration
awful toilets
awful food

Flying out of Clark avoids all the above and getting through to the departure lounge at Clark is a breeze :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
26th May 2013, 07:52
never flown into clark, what the disadvantage and whats the advantages to flying there, and if our destination was say cavite and marikina then onwards to bohol would it be worth it over manilaClark's only practical if you're going north of Manila or catching a domestic flight. Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu so unless you want to visit Cebu then get a boat to Bohol, it's best to fly to Tag from Manila. And as Cavite/Marikina are on Manila's doorstep it's a no brainer unless you fancy a 2+ hour road trip from Pampanga. :smile:

The new airport on Panglao Island might be served by Clark once it opens though.

SimonH
26th May 2013, 08:00
Didn't realise it only served four cities, thanks Jamie. Can see this changing quite soon though as Etihad and Emirates both start flying into Clark later this year.
Haven't used Clark myself yet, but will do just to avoid Manila and the traffic, not to mention the so called lounge at Manila.

stevewool
26th May 2013, 08:04
looking at flights last night and there are some good prices, still would love to go for xmas and new year but silly prices at the mo, Oct/Nov time comes down alot

Ako Si Jamie
26th May 2013, 08:18
Didn't realise it only served four cities, thanks Jamie. Can see this changing quite soon though as Etihad and Emirates both start flying into Clark later this year.
Haven't used Clark myself yet, but will do just to avoid Manila and the traffic, not to mention the so called lounge at Manila.Those four cities all have international airports so I can't see that trend changing although there a few airports currently being built that will cater for flights from HK, S. Korea etc such as Panglao and the new one in Bicol.

SimonH
26th May 2013, 08:37
Can't speak for the other three, but Puerto Princessa was definitely only a domestic airport when I was there only 2 months ago.

Ako Si Jamie
26th May 2013, 08:44
Can't speak for the other three, but Puerto Princessa was definitely only a domestic airport when I was there only 2 months ago.It only has domestic flights currently but is classed as international just like Bacolod and General Santos who also only cater for domestics.

SimonH
26th May 2013, 08:50
Just like the new one at San Vicente, being touted as an International so the Koreans would buy land on the 14km stretch of beach at vastly over inflated prices. In reality it will only ever be a domestic, and that's if it's ever finished.

Ako Si Jamie
26th May 2013, 09:16
Just like the new one at San Vicente, being touted as an International so the Koreans would buy land on the 14km stretch of beach at vastly over inflated prices. In reality it will only ever be a domestic, and that's if it's ever finished.San Vicente in Palawan? Could be, but maybe it's to serve that area and El Nido as EN only has a diddy airport only suitable for charter flights.

grahamw48
26th May 2013, 09:56
looking at flights last night and there are some good prices, still would love to go for xmas and new year but silly prices at the mo, Oct/Nov time comes down alot

I used to go just before the 'high season' prices began, (usually around mid Nov) and then stay in the Phils to at least Jan 7. Nice long holiday and not too dear. :)

Michael Parnham
26th May 2013, 10:40
You'll probably get a better price if you book nearer you plan to travel!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

irishman12
26th May 2013, 11:39
Clark's only practical if you're going north of Manila or catching a domestic flight. Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu so unless you want to visit Cebu then get a boat to Bohol, it's best to fly to Tag from Manila. And as Cavite/Marikina are on Manila's doorstep it's a no brainer unless you fancy a 2+ hour road trip from Pampanga. :smile:

The new airport on Panglao Island might be served by Clark once it opens though.

Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu -best to check those routes ,pal express already pulled out of clark ,now i think airasia are going to too ,tiger airways are cancelling a lot of flights too -so wouldnt book any flights to clark yet unless you are willing to travel to manila for onward connection

irishman12
26th May 2013, 11:42
more info here http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k6529734-More_Air_Asia_flight_changes_cancellations-Philippines.html

Ako Si Jamie
26th May 2013, 12:02
Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu -best to check those routes ,pal express already pulled out of clark ,now i think airasia are going to too ,tiger airways are cancelling a lot of flights too -so wouldnt book any flights to clark yet unless you are willing to travel to manila for onward connectionI checked that info a few weeks back although as with a lot of transportation in the Phils, stuff does change frequently. As for Air Asia pulling out of Clark :Erm:, that might be an internet rumour of no substance or just a plain wind-up as they have a hub at Clark, but stranger things have happened.

irishman12
26th May 2013, 12:05
well pal express had flights from clark and they pulled out ,cebu pacific i think has only one route from there now -yes there are a lot of changes in flights there now

irishman12
26th May 2013, 12:10
i booked 2 one way flights ,clark to hkg and hkg -clark with pal express and tiger airways for july ,airphil pulled out -so got change hkg -manila which turns out better -no need travel clark to manila ,tiger changed the flight time to following day so had to rearrange that flight too .so just be aware -even though flights are cheaper from there -doesnt mean it will be any easier then going manila in first place

Michael Parnham
12th June 2015, 14:57
STA are doing flights to Manila for £399, anyone interested get booking! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
13th June 2015, 20:18
STA are doing flights to Manila for £399, anyone interested get booking! :xxgrinning--00xx3:Who's that with? The Chinese airlines? :Erm:

Harry T
16th November 2015, 03:56
Well Iv finally done it, Flying out on the 8th January, arrive back on the 26th March, I finally chose cost over comfort, I'm flying with Air China with a 5 hour wait in Beijing on the outward flight, and a 1hr 10minute wait in BJ on the return flight, I think I can live with that the cost is £345:smile:.

It will be almost 3 years since my last visit to Phills, and I have to say I am looking forward to it, so far I will have a couple of days in Manila, then head down to Davao.

I have it in my mind to travel with a Backpack as opposed to a large suitcase, bcuz thinking back to when I travelled in Palawan by Coach, they have no respect for fancy suitcases when aboard these forms of travel, and I anticipate visiting at least 3 other Islands. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to visit, I prefer natural Beuty places as opposed to man made features, and what mode of luggage carrier would you suggest?. I'm really looking forward to this visit after not having a great time over the past 6 months, pressures of trying to sell a house, and being told again today that its been broken into again :NoNo::mad:

grahamw48
16th November 2015, 19:13
Good price !

Have a great trip mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'll be flying out a few days after you.

Hopefully others can suggest some interesting places to visit.

I'd be inclined to carry only the one bag too. Most stuff is pretty cheap in the Phils if you need to buy more shorts, t-shirts etc.

Michael Parnham
17th November 2015, 10:36
Well Iv finally done it, Flying out on the 8th January, arrive back on the 26th March, I finally chose cost over comfort, I'm flying with Air China with a 5 hour wait in Beijing on the outward flight, and a 1hr 10minute wait in BJ on the return flight, I think I can live with that the cost is £345:smile:.

It will be almost 3 years since my last visit to Phills, and I have to say I am looking forward to it, so far I will have a couple of days in Manila, then head down to Davao.

I have it in my mind to travel with a Backpack as opposed to a large suitcase, bcuz thinking back to when I travelled in Palawan by Coach, they have no respect for fancy suitcases when aboard these forms of travel, and I anticipate visiting at least 3 other Islands. Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to visit, I prefer natural Beuty places as opposed to man made features, and what mode of luggage carrier would you suggest?. I'm really looking forward to this visit after not having a great time over the past 6 months, pressures of trying to sell a house, and being told again today that its been broken into again :NoNo::mad:

Well done Harry, enjoy your plan, enjoy your flight price, enjoy you travelling light and I sincerely hope you have a fantastic time. On your way to Davao try and visit Siquijor and Bohol, you won't regret it. Wish you lots of success on your journey and have a fantastic holiday!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
17th November 2015, 14:30
Thanks guys, you know that's whats great about this forum, some great guys on here, always willing to give advice, and pick people up when they are either feeling down, or having a difficult time processing forms etc etc.

Michael I will research Siquijor, Bohol I was there for a few days previously but may just catch up with Fred for a few days, always nice to put a face to a name :smile:

Michael Parnham
17th November 2015, 17:54
Thanks guys, you know that's whats great about this forum, some great guys on here, always willing to give advice, and pick people up when they are either feeling down, or having a difficult time processing forms etc etc.

Michael I will research Siquijor, Bohol I was there for a few days previously but may just catch up with Fred for a few days, always nice to put a face to a name :smile:

Thanks Harry, you certainly won't regret Siquijor:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Harry T
17th November 2015, 20:13
Thanks for the rep Michael, as I was already thinking of Dumaguete, Siquijor is right close to it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
17th November 2015, 22:18
Thanks for the rep Michael, as I was already thinking of Dumaguete, Siquijor is right close to it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your welcome Harry, Delta Ferry 40 minutes journey:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
17th December 2015, 14:22
I realised the mistake of bringing over a suitcase when I boarded my first boat in the Phils :yikes:. I've since found that a 60 litre backpack is ideal for the Philippines for flexibility and holding enough space.

As for places to visit. Taal Volcano is amazing but don't just go to the Picnic Grove. Take a boat across the lake and walk or take a pony up to the viewpoint. Tagaytay is only around 40 miles south of Manila.

Bohol should be an option as there's plenty to see and do here, and Siquijor, like Michael said, is worth a visit, as is Dumaguete.

The most awesome island I've been to though is Kalanggaman Island which is situated between Cebu and Leyte. It's paradise here but there are no hotels but camping is allowed I think if you fancy stopping over.

Ako Si Jamie
30th December 2015, 20:41
Singaore Airlines £527 Heathrow to Manila/Cebu/Davao various dates in 2016

Philippine Airlines £481 August to November 2016

Offers end New Years Eve

http://www.pic-uk.com/

Michael Parnham
24th February 2016, 10:15
STA Travel have flights ex Heathrow to Manila £329 at the moment for those looking for a good price, also plenty of flights from Heathrow to Manila from May onwards at prices between £550 & £595.95 via Singapore Airlines, check them out!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
27th February 2016, 09:50
STA Travel have flights ex Heathrow to Manila £329 at the moment for those looking for a good price, also plenty of flights from Heathrow to Manila from May onwards at prices between £550 & £595.95 via Singapore Airlines, check them out!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also surprised no one has checked out these prices:anerikke:

grahamw48
27th February 2016, 10:48
Checked... but some of us fly from Manchester. The journey is already long enough. :wink:

Michael Parnham
27th February 2016, 14:12
Checked... but some of us fly from Manchester. The journey is already long enough. :wink:

Singapore prices are decent from Manchester Graham, a little cheaper than normal on Singapore website!

grahamw48
27th February 2016, 20:05
Thanks Michael. I'll keep them in mind. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
28th February 2016, 07:56
Just noticed an interesting deal on PIC.

Return flight to the Phils plus a two night break in Abu Dhabi on the way back in a 3 star hotel £617

http://www.pic-uk.com/holidays-stop-over-packages/abu-dhabi-uae.html

Ako Si Jamie
25th June 2016, 23:48
Singapore Airlines £481 & Etihad £469

Etihad is from Heathrow to Manila
Singapore Airlines from Heathrow or Manchester to Manila/Cebu/Davao

http://www.pic-uk.com/

dunstun365
30th June 2016, 19:07
I got a return flight from Birmingham to manila for £456 in Dec 2014 by KLM & china southern

Ako Si Jamie
30th June 2016, 19:31
I got a return flight from Birmingham to manila for £456 in Dec 2014 by KLM & china southern

I did that route with those airlines in November. Cost me £375. :xxcheeky-smiley-013

Michael Parnham
8th February 2017, 07:21
STA have a promotion at the moment 'Next Stop:Philippines' flight prices starting at £299 return, phone No 03333210099 STA are one of the most reputable travel agents in the UK, I will check the details later today:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
8th February 2017, 07:32
STA have a promotion at the moment 'Next Stop:Philippines' flight prices starting at £299 return, phone No 03333210099 STA are one of the most reputable travel agents in the UK, I will check the details later today:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Have they a website?

Terpe
8th February 2017, 12:51
Have they a website?

Look here for Phils flights:-

http://www.statravel.co.uk/cheap-flights-to-philippines.htm

Tawi2
8th February 2017, 15:09
I am actually looking for a bangkok flight at the moment for next month but will probably end up in pinas over the summer,i will check the site ta.

Janedan0913
8th February 2017, 20:50
We've just book our holiday this july to august 2017 £1,137 each adult then £1037 children
Manchester to singapore for 5days then clark (return flights). I just hope we had a good deal as this is term break for my children.

Michael Parnham
8th February 2017, 22:46
Looks like you've been ripped off, sorry:NoNo:

SimonH
9th February 2017, 00:24
We've just book our holiday this july to august 2017 £1,137 each adult then £1037 children
Manchester to singapore for 5days then clark (return flights). I just hope we had a good deal as this is term break for my children.

I presume at those prices you travelling in business class, in which case that's a good deal. Or is that economy and including hotels in Singapore?

Tawi2
9th February 2017, 00:29
My thoughts were the flights also included five nights in a singaporean hotel?

Janedan0913
9th February 2017, 04:28
Hi. That amount is just flights and no hotels as we have a place to stay. I tried to check at the qatar airways website and it was almost the same price not including the flights from singapore to clark. Then when we get to the Philippines we have to go to different places from north to south. I just hope qe can go to the places where my husband wants to go. Although it os impossible as we dont have enough time for tbose places in his bucket list. Anyway, we just have to try and see what we can do.

SimonH
9th February 2017, 05:28
Did you search on Skyscanner or Kayak?

Michael Parnham
9th February 2017, 18:27
Very surprised only one person has checked out STA Philippines offer:Erm: I had look ex Manchester to Manila and Oman Airlines had varied prices in the low £300's the cheapest were ex Heathrow starting at £299 with Saudi Arabian Airlines, the other airlines were Qatar, Etihad ect and they were just over £400:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Janedan0913
10th February 2017, 16:59
Did you search on Skyscanner or Kayak?

Hi. Yes, we did used skyscanner and other sites and it os almost same price. We even ask for a quote in different travel agencies and it is the same. Our flights will be Manchester to Singapore for 5days then to the Philippines for 20days. It will be cheaper of out flight will land in Manila but we are near Clark Airport that is why it is a bit pricey. We normally book ourselves online everytime we visit my parents in LA. But this time due to busy schedule and pressure in nhs,I was not able to check other cheap flights for 5. I hope the price we had is not too bad and hopefully we were not ripped off.

Janedan0913
10th February 2017, 17:02
Looks like you've been ripped off, sorry:NoNo:

oh no i hope we were not ripped off as that is my hard earned money,treat for my kids' bday.If I am not too buy I will have plenty of time to check all sites and to even have cheaper quote. But at this time I already paid for it and hopefully next time I will get a bargain tickets.

Janedan0913
10th February 2017, 17:04
Very surprised only one person has checked out STA Philippines offer:Erm: I had look ex Manchester to Manila and Oman Airlines had varied prices in the low £300's the cheapest were ex Heathrow starting at £299 with Saudi Arabian Airlines, the other airlines were Qatar, Etihad ect and they were just over £400:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi. Do they do Manchester to Singapore then after 5days to Clark below the price that was quoted to us? So I will have an idea to book with them next time as it cost a fortune to go home in the Philippines especially when ot is term break here in UK. I haven't been home for 9 years.

Michael Parnham
11th February 2017, 01:29
Hi. Do they do Manchester to Singapore then after 5days to Clark below the price that was quoted to us? So I will have an idea to book with them next time as it cost a fortune to go home in the Philippines especially when ot is term break here in UK. I haven't been home for 9 years.

In future contact Philippine Island Connections (PIL) London tel,02074048877 They are very good used them many times since 1989 never paid more than £580 in 28 years and the best price I've ever had was £310 but usually averaged £500 will be doing my 41st flight later this year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Janedan0913
11th February 2017, 09:00
In future contact Philippine Island Connections (PIL) London tel,02074048877 They are very good used them many times since 1989 never paid more than £580 in 28 years and the best price I've ever had was £310 but usually averaged £500 will be doing my 41st flight later this year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for this advice. I will save the number as we are going away again after our holiday in Singapore and Phils.