PDA

View Full Version : Guilty of having his greedy snout in the trough

Dedworth
26th January 2011, 01:51
Don't forget to bring your toothbrush to court next time Lord Taylor :yikes:

The former Tory peer Lord Taylor of Warwick has been found guilty of fiddling his parliamentary expenses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/8281426/Lord-Taylor-found-guilty-of-fiddling-his-parliamentary-expenses.html

Arthur Little
26th January 2011, 02:57
Aye ... they're ALL greedy toerags :Rasp: - irrespective of their political party colours.

KeithD
26th January 2011, 10:35
I bet more than 50% of people on here who have claimed expenses have added 'extras'. I certainly have .... and it's my company :icon_lol:

mickcant
26th January 2011, 10:45
I was in a low paid job with the health service we did not get paid for overtime and there were no expenses claimable:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

johncar54
26th January 2011, 13:39
I was in a low paid job with the health service we did not get paid for overtime and there were no expenses claimable:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Mick not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that you were never put into temptation.

As Keith said many people have over claimed their expenses in all walks of life. Others have stolen from their employers, private phone calls, pencils, pens, envelopes etc. Nevertheless, I bet many of those will be in the front row condemning others.

In this case Taylor was found guilty and has been sentenced.

I personally don't see any justification for making rude comments about him or others, who have been convicted and sentenced.

mickcant
26th January 2011, 14:06
Mick not sure what you mean by that. Maybe that you were never put into temptation.

As Keith said many people have over claimed their expenses in all walks of life. Others have stolen from their employers, private phone calls, pencils, pens, envelopes etc. Nevertheless, I bet many of those will be in the front row condemning others.

In this case Taylor was found guilty and has been sentenced.

I personally don't see any justification for making rude comments about him or others, who have been convicted and sentenced.

Hi John,:Wave:
Yes I think I was trying to say I was on a fixed wage with no extra payment for overtime when we did some, it was time off if you could get it:Cuckoo:

I remember now though we had a Upper level manager who was in charge of our hospitals stores and anouther in the south of the UK, but did claim expenses for private flights she used to go see her family in the north, we were all pleased when she was rumbled and lost her job:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Re the MPs most of them are in it for the money they can get rather than pride in serving the public:furious3:

Mick:)

Arthur Little
26th January 2011, 14:08

Whyever not, John? :rolleyes: It's taxpayers' money that is being misused to [literally!] "feather the nests" of public servants who are supposed to represent the electorate - and lead by (good) example - if they can't be trusted ... then who the hell can?

johncar54
26th January 2011, 15:00
Arthur.

If a person (maybe you) exceed the speed limit lets say, are you really saying that would justify me being very rude to you?

Also, MPs are not elected because of their honesty. Those who have been in prison, or indeed those serving a sentence of less that 12 months can be MPs, whilst of course they should pot be police officers..

johncar54
26th January 2011, 15:13
Mick 'Re the MPs most of them are in it for the money they can get rather than pride in serving the publci

I think most could get jobs earning a lot more than they get paid being MP's Certainly the likes of Cameron, Blair etc. top lawyers.