PDA

View Full Version : Double Celebration my bday - Jan. 24 and got my spouse visa with my son

Mickaela
25th January 2011, 13:17
Hello everyone I'm so happy we finally got our visas, me and my son! Yipee! :Jump:
.It's the greatest bday gift I've got. Thanks to all your advices!

Just a question, if the visa is valid from Feb. 7, 2011 till May 7, 2013, can we leave anytime from Feb. 7. I did not receive any letter. Just the passport with VISA and all my original documents.

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited now. But I still have to file my resignation at the office which needs a 30 days notice.

sars_notd_virus
25th January 2011, 13:23
there you go!!....happy birthday and congratulations Mikaela!!
yes you can leave anytime from feb 7,don't forget the CFO,and eat most of the filipino dishes you would miss.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th January 2011, 13:24
Mickaela,

Very many congratulations and :birthday: to you.

Well done on the granting of your Visa :xxparty-smiley-050:

...Just a question, if the visa is valid from Feb. 7, 2011 till May 7, 2013, can we leave anytime from Feb. 7. I did not receive any letter. Just the passport with VISA and all my original documents....

Yes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mickaela,

Very many congratulations and
:birthday: to you.

Well done on the granting of your Visa :xxparty-smiley-050:

stevie c
25th January 2011, 13:27
congratulations mickaela the best birthday present ever im so pleased for you :Jump:

Mickaela
25th January 2011, 13:28
Yeah I will, we are having a party on Saturday with friends and relatives. By the way, would you know if we need to get a medical exam like chest xray?

Thanks a lot!

sars_notd_virus
25th January 2011, 13:33
Yeah I will, we are having a party on Saturday with friends and relatives. By the way, would you know if we need to get a medical exam like chest xray?

Thanks a lot!

Me and my daughter landed in Heathrow Airport,yeah they asked for chest xray...what airport will you be landing?..am not sure but some airports doesnt require chest xray,just get one to be sure.

Mickaela
25th January 2011, 13:34
yeah Heathrow too.

sars_notd_virus
25th January 2011, 13:44
cool !! have a safe journey!!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
25th January 2011, 14:30
Just a question, if the visa is valid from Feb. 7, 2011 till May 7, 2013, can we leave anytime from Feb. 7.

just make sure you leave within 3 months after the 7th of feb to save you any problems later

congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

did the embassy contact your ex mickaela ? or did you get a letter with his permission for the child to leave ?

Mickaela
25th January 2011, 15:37
I dont think they contacted my ex, cause my annulment papers indicate that he left us since my son is 3 months old and he never appeared since then. That's why I did not bother to get a permission from his biological father in the first place I really don't know where he can be found. I just submitted an affidavit of abandonement along with my annulment papers, a certificate from my son's school and a certificate from our parish church where we attend mass regularly.

thanks again Joe!

stevewool
25th January 2011, 17:24
well done, a double celibration, welcome to the cold england your new home :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
25th January 2011, 17:33
Congratulations...:)

alanmf1
25th January 2011, 17:40
Many Congratulations:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:
and a very Happy Birthday....:Wave:

Arthur Little
25th January 2011, 18:41
Hello everyone I'm so happy we finally got our visas, me and my son! Yipee! :Jump:
*It's the greatest bday gift I've got. Thanks to all your advices!

I'll bet *it is! Congratulations, Mickaela ... and :birthday:

Rosie1958
25th January 2011, 22:42
Congratulations and a Very Happy Birthday Mickaela.

My sister- in- law and 6 year old nephew flew in to Heathrow in November last year and in their haste, forgot to bring chest xrays with them. Fortunately, they were not given a hard time and were sent appointments for the xrays to take place at our local hospital here in the UK. It's always best to reduce the risk of any problems arising by bringing the xrays with you if you can :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
25th January 2011, 23:34
Happy Birthday, and congrats Mikaela,

why is chest xray needed, and is it just for philipino to uk,
is it also needed for a brit to go philipines ?

mikey73
26th January 2011, 00:16
congratulations and happy birthday mikaela:Jump:

joebloggs
26th January 2011, 07:48
Happy Birthday, and congrats Mikaela,

why is chest xray needed, and is it just for philipino to uk,
is it also needed for a brit to go philipines ?

phils is a high risk country for TB, so anyone coming for settlement should have an X-ray taken, but if you don't have one with you, depending on which airport you arrive in the uk at, you might be asked for one to be taken at the airport, if not you'll probably get a letter from a clinic at a later date asking you to attend for an x-ray to be taken, so no worries :rolleyes:

joebloggs
26th January 2011, 07:49
I dont think they contacted my ex, cause my annulment papers indicate that he left us since my son is 3 months old and he never appeared since then. That's why I did not bother to get a permission from his biological father in the first place I really don't know where he can be found. I just submitted an affidavit of abandonement along with my annulment papers, a certificate from my son's school and a certificate from our parish church where we attend mass regularly.

thanks again Joe!

excellent news mickaela, :Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sophiamarie
26th January 2011, 10:15
.It's the greatest bday gift I've got. Thanks to all your advices!

Just a question, if the visa is valid from Feb. 7, 2011 till May 7, 2013, can we leave anytime from Feb. 7. I did not receive any letter. Just the passport with VISA and all my original documents.

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited now. But I still have to file my resignation at the office which needs a 30 days notice.

Opps, I'm a bit late to learn about this good news Mickaela!...BIG CONGRATULATIONS and belated happy birthday...

So in just less than 2 weeks they've made their decision!...uuummm wonder how long would it take for mine???

cessxy
26th January 2011, 10:33
Congrats Mikaela Have a safe Journey :) Which part of UK you will stay ?

DaveUK
26th January 2011, 13:11
Congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mickaela
27th January 2011, 15:49
Thanks to all!

Hi Sophiamarie! Give it around 2 weeks and hopefully you will get your visa.

Another question aside from the chest x-ray, are instant mixes like knorr cubes and other cooking stuff allowed to be brought in UK?
thanks,

sophiamarie
27th January 2011, 16:06
Another question aside from the chest x-ray, are instant mixes like knorr cubes and other cooking stuff allowed to be brought in UK?
thanks,

Thank you again Mikaela...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Have traveled to/from UK couple of times and bringing any goodies, cooking stuff, etc...is never been a problem for us, so nothing to worry about:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mickaela
2nd February 2011, 10:28
Hi again, does anyone know how much money in cash you are allowed to bring in UK. How much in pounds? In going to US, Filipinos are only allowed 10,000 USD in cash.

Thank you so much. I will still be working till the 15th of February and will be leaving for UK on the 27th of February. I'm so excited already. :Jump:

Terpe
2nd February 2011, 10:46
Hi again, does anyone know how much money in cash you are allowed to bring in UK. How much in pounds? In going to US, Filipinos are only allowed 10,000 USD in cash.

Not sure how much you are eventually allowed to bring into UK but from outside EU you will need to make a formal declaration for 10,000 Euro or more
(or the equivalent in another currency)

Source:-
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/arriving/declaring-cash.htm

More importantly though, I do not know just how much foreign currency you can take out of Phils if you are migrating.
Personally I would check with Bangko Sentral to be sure on that. There's sure to be a form to complete.

ddl23
23rd February 2011, 15:22
hi congrats did u already tae the cfo seminar?

ddl23
23rd February 2011, 15:23
i mean take'