PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Friends

purple
24th January 2011, 08:23
Hi All,

I have been here in Worthing for good one week and though I go out of the house twice to look around but I haven't spoken to anyone (make friends) yet apart from my husband. Other than being hit on twice on the street.

It will be nice to have someone I can talk with and look around with. It gets boring specially when its cold and just want to share my thoughts to another person apart from hubby as there are really things that I want to discuss anything under the sun.

Englishman2010
24th January 2011, 08:41
Hope you make some friends soon, have you checked out to see if there is Filipino community or Catholic church in your area? they could be good starting points.

We are all your friends on here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

purple
24th January 2011, 08:48
I am not Catholic and not religious either. I'm Christian and believes in God but not a big fan of going to church.

Would be nice to throw topics over coffee or drinks though. There is big difference... where is Nigel.. he lives 5 minutes away from me.

rusty
24th January 2011, 09:54
I think they are still hibernating till it gets a bit warmer.

When we were there, my wife noticed a few when we were in KFC.

Have you also tried at your local pinoy store, http://www.pinoymart.co.uk/ :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
24th January 2011, 09:55
We are all your friends on here :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th January 2011, 13:15
... where is Nigel.. he lives 5 minutes away from me.

Just give it a little time, Rohany ... I'm sure Nigel will be in touch very soon! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2011, 13:36
Hello Purple,there's lots of filipino in Worthing..Ian is right check out the( filipino community) they got loads of events lined up:
Ron 0793540581
Chris 07900954604
http://www.citylocal.co.uk/cities/Worthing/events/event/26803/
http://www.citylocal.co.uk/cities/Worthing/events/event/26572/

worthingmale
24th January 2011, 13:57
gonna introduce her to some filipino tomorrow :)

Arthur Little
24th January 2011, 14:55
gonna introduce her to some filipino tomorrow :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Good lad, Nigel ... she'll appreciate that.

malditako
24th January 2011, 15:16
go to shopping mall purple..for sure you will see lots of filipino there...

thats base of our experience ( me and emma)...

stevewool
24th January 2011, 19:29
hi there purple have you a mobil yet if so give it out to the friends you meet on here and that way you can start talking straight away

South-east boy
24th January 2011, 22:30
Hi Rohany! My friend Rina said she'd still contact you soon. She's not been feeling so great last week and also had her Life in the UK test last Saturday. I could pop down sometime over a weekend in the next month to see you and your hubby if you like? I've got some friends who live in Burgess hill which isn't so far away from Worthing, so I could maybe see them during the day and you in the evening or vice-versa?

nigel
24th January 2011, 22:56
Hi Purple!:Jump:

I used to work in Worthing, there was a Baker shop called "Big Baps!" haha (Big Baps can mean big boobs also lol)

The was also a cafe known as M.T. Plates cafe (empty plates cafe..hehe)

Wouldn't it be funny if the owner really did have the name M.T. Plates..:rolleyes:

I used to love driving along the A259 along the beach down there...I miss it really..:bigcry:

Englishman2010
24th January 2011, 23:06
I am not Catholic and not religious either. I'm Christian and believes in God but not a big fan of going to church.

Bang goes that idea then :icon_lol:

I'm sure you'll make lots of friends soon, don't be too impatient and wait and see what happens:)

grahamw48
25th January 2011, 00:52
Wow !

I live in hope of finding one who doesn't want me to be 'GOD-fearing'. :yikes:

It just puts me right off on those dating sites.:NoNo:

keithAngel
26th January 2011, 07:33
that would be a communist your looking for Graham from an orphanage:icon_lol:

South-east boy
26th January 2011, 07:37
that would be a communist your looking for Graham from an orphanage:icon_lol:

:icon_lol: