PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived in Edinburgh and I love the place!!!

Faye_and_Brian
23rd January 2011, 08:49
weeeeee!!! me and my daughter arrived in Edinburgh last 19th and I love the place!!! Its just so hard to understand their scottish accent though hehehe,,, but we are confused on how to stay here longer, our plan is to get married here, by the time I was in london airport, immigration officer told me that I have to go back to the philippines after the visa expires and file for settlement visa, what Im asking, if we got married here, Is there any other way to extend my stay and file my settlement visa by not going home to the Philippines again?? It is a big hassle for me and my kid, I hate long hours flight!!! :NoNo::NoNo:

Waiting for your comments and advises :icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

Terpe
23rd January 2011, 09:35
Please look here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/28188-Got-my-fiancee-visa-in-just-2-days!!-Hurray!!-Hurray!!

scottishbride
23rd January 2011, 15:03
Welcome to Scotland! I live in Scotland too.. just about an hour drive to Edinburgh. Well, If you are in Fiancee visa, you need to get married in 6 months and you need to take the English test and appy for FLR. If visit visa then you need to go back to Phil before your visa expires. You are not allowed to get married here.

worthingmale
23rd January 2011, 16:03
cold ? :)

mikey73
23rd January 2011, 19:48
:Hellooo:welcome to edinburgh:Hellooo:

Faye_and_Brian
24th January 2011, 01:29
Please look here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/28188-Got-my-fiancee-visa-in-just-2-days!!-Hurray!!-Hurray!!

Ive got 6months visa so still have a lot of time to prepare for it but thanks for the info though it really helps me a lot, just wondering what do you mean by FLR :Cuckoo: and should we go to the home office after we got married??

Faye_and_Brian
24th January 2011, 01:33
Welcome to Scotland! I live in Scotland too.. just about an hour drive to Edinburgh. Well, If you are in Fiancee visa, you need to get married in 6 months and you need to take the English test and appy for FLR. If visit visa then you need to go back to Phil before your visa expires. You are not allowed to get married here.

Ohhh.. hello my neighborhood :Hellooo: so do you think their english test is difficult? Im just worried if they made it in advanced, what if I got failed?? can I take another exam again until I get passed??

Faye_and_Brian
24th January 2011, 01:34
@worthingmale.. yep very cold LoL!
@mikey.. thanks :-)

bruneicop
24th January 2011, 02:44
faye, you will get used to the scottish accent, my wife has been listening to me for years now and understands it more than I do!!!!

purple
24th January 2011, 08:00
not cold Faye? Hope you will enjoy it.

Terpe
24th January 2011, 08:08
Ohhh.. hello my neighborhood :Hellooo: so do you think their english test is difficult? Im just worried if they made it in advanced, what if I got failed?? can I take another exam again until I get passed??

Just keep taking the test until you get a pass.
I've never taken it so have no idea what it's all about.
From what I've read here on the forum it's very basic and most people from Phils should have no problem.

Terpe
24th January 2011, 08:17
Ive got 6months visa so still have a lot of time to prepare for it but thanks for the info though it really helps me a lot, just wondering what do you mean by FLR :Cuckoo: and should we go to the home office after we got married??

FLR is Further Leave to Remain.
You need to apply for this Extension of Stay as soon as you are married.
If you apply by post the cost is £500
If you apply in person the cost is £800

Regarding your Fiancee Visa, I thought it was granted in November 2010?