PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Shamrockdave2003
27th March 2007, 13:20
My fiance is about to apply for a visa (fiance) reason being if we get married in the philly we will have to wait 10 days for a marriage licence, i just dont have enough leave to take 3 weeks.

So we considered this as we want to be with each other and have waited far too long already:bigcry:

I need help, we have a 2 year old daughter born in Manila - how do i get her across ??? will she be included in her mums visa, or sohuld i register her with the British Embassy in Manila

Vey confused help:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SD

jta
27th March 2007, 13:49
hi shamrockdave2003,

since it's not possible for u to marry in the philippines because of your work leave problem, then let your fiance to apply for fiancee visa including ur daughter as dependent. There's no problem for your daughter since still minor and as long as u comply all requirements of the embassy.Check this site for your reference...UKVACS.net..goodluck....

Shamrockdave2003
27th March 2007, 13:55
Thanks!

I have been told you need ten days for a marriage license -that would really push if coz all i can do is 3 weeks.

Anyone got an experience of this - how long it took to get married in aregistry office

Cheers in advance

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
27th March 2007, 13:57
Same as m@@ they applied fiancee visa and for her daughter's visa as well,they got there visa both no prob. So y not apply for that.

jta
27th March 2007, 14:32
i think the best way is apply for fiancee visa...if u really wanted to marry in the philippines, then b sure all the requirements are already intact before flying there to avoid delays...u must get here in uk Certificate of No Impedements then present it to british embassy (should be presented within 3 months of issue) philippines when u arrive, then let ur fiancee prepare her needed documents. when u arrive there both of u goto registrar' office and then wait for 10 days for marriage license...then u can marry, after that u can fly back here let your wife take care all paper processing since need time for NSO for authentication and processing in Embassy for visa. Hope this will help...

Shamrockdave2003
27th March 2007, 14:42
Thanks JTA - she really wants to marry there, but its gonna be so rushed.

What paperwork does she need?

Cheers

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jta
27th March 2007, 14:55
pls let her visit civil registrar in the philippines and inquire about the requirements...as far as i know birthcertificate...etc...by the way dont 4get to bring with u the absolute decree if u are divorced and ur birth certificate as well...