PDA

View Full Version : Jon Gaunt verbally savages Baroness Afshar

Dedworth
20th January 2011, 21:38
Todays Jeremy Vine Radio 2 Programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xcfmf/Jeremy_Vine_Paddy_OConnell_Sits_In/

At about 11 mins he shoots her bleating claims of islamophobia down in flames :D Ghastly woman she refused to answer his question as to what justified the 7/7 bombers.

Reference another thread - Gaunty referred to himself as a "Fat English Bloke"

Steve.r
20th January 2011, 21:53
Yes, i listened to it at lunchtime, he certainly made her look pretty stupid :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
20th January 2011, 22:06
Yes, i listened to it at lunchtime, he certainly made her look pretty stupid :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I used to love it when he was on TalkSport Mon - Fri .........mornings used to fly by. I heard an old workmate on to him once :D

fred
21st January 2011, 00:09
I used to listen to Jon EVERY morning when he was on the show that made him infamous..Local 3 Counties radio..He was truly a great presenter or DJ as he referred to himself on that show..

He completely lost the plot on that crap Talk***** station where he turned into an annoying Mobile phone and Nintendo salesman..
Really lost respect for him when he bottled out of a fight against another great presenter at the time... George Galloway..
George offered him out to 3 rounds in a boxing ring (on live radio) after Jon insulted him....
Jon bottled it and was a no show..(money raised would have gone to charity)
Never tuned in again after that.:NoNo:

Pete/London
21st January 2011, 01:43
I used to listen to him on Talksport, always interesting but he would suddenly turn on a caller for no apparent reason calling them bigots, facists etc, or cutting them off short before they could expand on their point. Forever blowing his own trumpet.:NoNo:
Like to see him back though, cant stand the morning presenters now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st January 2011, 02:02
Up here we used to have James Whale on Radio Aire...hilarious on his late night phone-in show, then he got famous and on to the telly, which scuppered things. :cwm3:

Arthur Little
21st January 2011, 02:03
Baroness Afshar? Never heard of the woman, to be honest ... but it seems like she fancies herself as some kind of female version of that other misguided old campaigner - the late [unlamented] Lord Longford. :doh

grahamw48
21st January 2011, 02:29
There are some very odd people being given power and influence in our country.

Thin end of the wedge...:NoNo: