PDA

View Full Version : Bungler Johnson jacks it in

Dedworth
20th January 2011, 18:38
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12242397

Shadow chancellor Alan Johnson is resigning from Labour leader Ed Miliband's frontbench team, citing "personal issues".

Maybe that's why he was a disaster during the time he was a "proper" Minister rather than a shadow :)

Dedworth
21st January 2011, 09:40
It seems whilst the Shadow Chancellor was struggling with his sums her indoors was putting it about with the police bodyguard. He must pine for his former days as a simple postman.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8273106/Alan-Johnson-stands-down-over-claims-of-wifes-love-affair-with-her-husbands-bodyguard.html

Alan Johnson has resigned as shadow chancellor after less than four months in the job amid claims that his wife has been having an affair with her husband's former police protection officer.

johncar54
21st January 2011, 12:34
It seems strange to me that Johnson has resigned if the only problem is a possible (probable) affair that his wife was having. Many people carry on in their jobs with a lot more stress than that. Is there something else to come out of the wood work I wonder !!!!

Arthur Little
21st January 2011, 14:36
Hmm ... from one "balls-up" to another, eh? :icon_lol:

jimeve
21st January 2011, 21:04
well at least...ed the ball, got balls :icon_lol:

grahamw48
22nd January 2011, 01:34
I really couldn't care less about a bunch of self-serving hypocritical tossers who led this country into near-bankruptcy and handed over most of our sovereignty to the EU (spit!).

...And as for their mummy's boy dope of a leader. :NoNo:

johncar54
22nd January 2011, 10:02
I really couldn't care less about a bunch of self-serving hypocritical tossers who led this country into near-bankruptcy and handed over most of our sovereignty to the EU (spit!).

...And as for their mummy's boy dope of a leader. :NoNo:

I must apologise to you Graham. A few times I have just about accused you of being racist. I realise now that you are rude about anyone and everyone with whom you appear not to agree.

(Guess by saying this, the obvious, I have invited just such a comment about me ! But, C'est la vie. )

grahamw48
22nd January 2011, 10:46
I am a person with opinions, that is true, and since forums such as these seem to be the last bastions of free speech in our neutered country (a place where I note you choose not to live), then I'm afraid if you decide to 'click' you may read something you disagree with. :)

johncar54
22nd January 2011, 10:58
I am a person with opinions, that is true, and since forums such as these seem to be the last bastions of free speech in our neutered country (a place where I note you choose not to live), then I'm afraid if you decide to 'click' you may read something you disagree with. :)

No Graham, disagreeing with something or someone is fine. It's being over the top rude and insulting about people who hold views contrary to one's own that I find so disagreeable. Viz: saying for example 'self-serving hypocritical tossers' When referring to people who were elected by the majority of those who bothered to vote. I believe that is tantamount to saying the same about those who voted for them.

grahamw48
22nd January 2011, 12:17
In many cases you could be right. :icon_lol: