PDA

View Full Version : can i ride motor bike

swayze
19th January 2011, 19:01
do you know if you can ride a motor bike on a provisional filipino licence in the uk

alanp
19th January 2011, 19:12
hi swayze
I do not think you can
you will first have to do a cbt compulsory basic training
have a look at the direct gov website or phone up and enquire at a local motor bike training school

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/index.htm

Terpe
19th January 2011, 20:50
Hi swayze

I'm afraid alanp is quite correct.
You must have a certificate DL196 from your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT)

Here in UK the DSA (Driving Standards Agency) will not allow any form of test to be taken (CBT, Theory or Practical) with an overseas licence.

You must obtain a UK driver number.
In your case means applying for a UK provisional licence.

Englishman2010
19th January 2011, 21:14
Are learners still allowed to ride motorcycles upto 125cc? If so, it may be possible to ride a smaller motorcycle on a provisional UK licence

Terpe
19th January 2011, 21:22
Are learners still allowed to ride motorcycles upto 125cc? If so, it may be possible to ride a smaller motorcycle on a provisional UK licence

Compulsory basic training (CBT) means what it says on the tin. Compulsory Training.
It was introduced in 1990 with the specific purpose to reduce really high levels of accidents by inexperienced motorcyclists. The CBT must be completed and certified before any moped or motorcycle learner driver is allowed to ride on the road.

Englishman2010
19th January 2011, 22:31
Compulsory basic training (CBT) means what it says on the tin. Compulsory Training.
It was introduced in 1990 with the specific purpose to reduce really high levels of accidents by inexperienced motorcyclists. The CBT must be completed and certified before any moped or motorcycle learner driver is allowed to ride on the road.

Thanks for the info Terpe, it's a long time since I was 16 and my mates were all buzzing around on their 50cc hairdryers. Things have changed since then. Personally, I've never had a motorcycle, I prefer the security of 4 wheels and some metal around me

stevewool
19th January 2011, 22:43
if i had a somewhere to keep a bike i would have one tomorrow a big bike to cruise on ,