PDA

View Full Version : visa

denehazel
23rd March 2007, 20:36
hi.i would like some advice if possibile.my fiancee and i are getting married in august in the philippines.i want her to come back with me to the uk.i can only be there for 4 weeks.i know this is not long enought for her to get a visa.what lf she applied for a fiancee visa?could we still get married and bring her to the uk with a fiancee visa.would this be legal.could she apply for a spouses visa before we are married and tell them i will present any docements when i get there?
regards denehazel

scotsfiancee
23rd March 2007, 20:50
hi.i would like some advice if possibile.my fiancee and i are getting married in august in the philippines.i want her to come back with me to the uk.i can only be there for 4 weeks.i know this is not long enought for her to get a visa.what lf she applied for a fiancee visa?could we still get married and bring her to the uk with a fiancee visa.would this be legal.could she apply for a spouses visa before we are married and tell them i will present any docements when i get there?
regards denehazel

Yo denehazel its very impossible for you to get visa as quick as that.
How many times are you guys met each other?

The difference between fiancee visa, once she have that its only good for 6 months which means you have to get married within that time here in UK.

While the spouse visa, you will have to get married in Philippines then wait for a month(s) for the marriage cert. from the NSO etc... its very clear that all information bout requirements are already been discussed,if you still don't know pls visit Pete's site which you can find it HERE (http://british-filipino.com/application%20for%20settlement.html)

If you already planned that wedding by august go on, then wait for a months to prepare everything for the applications.

It takes time in all......................

You will hear more advice from other members.

Think.Don't be too rush, goodluck mate :)

Philip
23rd March 2007, 21:05
Boss moderator scots!:Rasp:

5olidsnake
23rd March 2007, 21:35
hi scotsfiancee

when does the 6 months for a fiancee visa start ?

from date of issue at embassy or the date stamped in passport at entry at uk airport

thanks

scotsfiancee
23rd March 2007, 21:48
hi scotsfiancee

when does the 6 months for a fiancee visa start ?

from date of issue at embassy or the date stamped in passport at entry at uk airport

thanks

The visa start from the date it issued at the embassy. It's actually printed in the visa... when it's valid and end.

walesrob
23rd March 2007, 22:15
The visa start from the date it issued at the embassy. It's actually printed in the visa... when it's valid and end.

This point seems to crop up much too regular for my liking, I think if someone could clarify once and for all, it will be a great help.

I too thought Visa expiry for Immigration purposes was as stated on the actual visa, but having spoken to IND when Elsa applied for her ILR, it was confirmed the visa expires on the anniversary of arrival in the UK.

Now, I'm not sure if you can apply this to Fiance Visas, but I can say for sure, the arrival date rule applies for Spouse Visas, and judging by other threads:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2511
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1086

I don't see why the "arrival date" rule does not apply to Fiance Visas as well.

scotsfiancee
23rd March 2007, 22:40
From the time i applied for my 2yr extension visa Rob, the officer asked when my visa expired and told us that in applying for ILR should be 28 days before the visa expires.

So maybe it doesn't apply in fiancee visa.

walesrob
23rd March 2007, 23:02
From the time i applied for my 2yr extension visa Rob, the officer asked when my visa expired and told us that in applying for ILR should be 28 days before the visa expires.

So maybe it doesn't apply in fiancee visa.

Ok, thanks for clearing that one up.

KeithD
24th March 2007, 09:41
The Fiancee visa is VALID from the point they stamp it, as you have the option in the application to state a date in the future you want it valid from if you need a delay.

walesrob
24th March 2007, 13:02
The Fiancee visa is VALID from the point they stamp it, as you have the option in the application to state a date in the future you want it valid from if you need a delay.

This is turning into a yeah but, no but, yeah but. :Rasp:

KeithD
24th March 2007, 13:22
Why would they put an option to post date it in the form if it meant nothing then?

walesrob
24th March 2007, 14:00
Why would they put an option to post date it in the form if it meant nothing then?

Yeah, thats a valid point. I'm still surprised that the "Visa Valid" dates rather than "Date of arrival" are strictly adhered to in the Fiance Visa, but not with Spouse Visa. Creates confusion if you ask me.

joebloggs
25th March 2007, 16:17
This point seems to crop up much too regular for my liking, I think if someone could clarify once and for all, it will be a great help.

I too thought Visa expiry for Immigration purposes was as stated on the actual visa, but having spoken to IND when Elsa applied for her ILR, it was confirmed the visa expires on the anniversary of arrival in the UK.

Now, I'm not sure if you can apply this to Fiance Visas, but I can say for sure, the arrival date rule applies for Spouse Visas, and judging by other threads:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2511
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1086

I don't see why the "arrival date" rule does not apply to Fiance Visas as well.

if she came on a 2 yr spouse visa, your wife has to be in the UK 2 years !, but you can apply 28 days before the 2 years is up for ILR, its a max of 28 days, not a day more, and also make sure you wife comes into the uk within 28 days of the visa being issued, if you dont, like me, you will have to apply for FLR to make up the 2years, cost of £335 and thats gone up now, and all the hassle that goes with it.

denehazel
25th March 2007, 19:47
hi .can anyone give me some advice please.im getting married in the Philipines in august.could anyone tell me how long after our marriage can she apply for a spouse visa.i have been to see her twice,how can i prove i have met her.would my stamped passport be enought,also we got our pic taken the last time i was there,would this help?can she apply for a visa with her family name on her passport or has she to change it.is there anyway she can apply for a spouse visa before we are married and then present all documents once we are married?

walesrob
25th March 2007, 19:55
hi .can anyone give me some advice please.im getting married in the Philipines in august.could anyone tell me how long after our marriage can she apply for a spouse visa.i have been to see her twice,how can i prove i have met her.would my stamped passport be enought,also we got our pic taken the last time i was there,would this help?can she apply for a visa with her family name on her passport or has she to change it.is there anyway she can apply for a spouse visa before we are married and then present all documents once we are married?

Do some searches on this forum, you will find all the answers your after, also check Pete's website http://www.british-filipino.com/.

Your stamped passport is not enough, you need copies of emails, letters, photos, flight tickets, hotel bookings, chat transcripts, etc, but like I said do the research first, then come back with any specific questions.

You cannot apply for a spouse visa before marraige, a requirement of the spouse visa is a valid marraige certificate validated by the NSO at the time of application, and no, you cannot present the documents later, it doesn't work like that.

You've also double-posted so I'm going to merge this thread.

scotsfiancee
25th March 2007, 21:15
:23_111_9[1]:

Need more answers? :doh

KeithD
26th March 2007, 09:08
I've read this thread 3 times....and I'm still confused!!! :Brick: :Rasp:

gingxrick
26th March 2007, 09:49
Hi to Walesrob and Joebloggs,
Walesrob you say that visa exspires on anniversary of arrival date......Joebloggs you are saying you have to arrive in uk within 28 days of visa being issued......my wifes visa was issued on the 8th September 2006 but didnt arrive in the uk untill the 16th October 2006 (38 days after issued) does this mean I have to apply for an FLR to cover the 10 days extra.....very very confused.

joebloggs
26th March 2007, 11:29
hi, if i'am right
if your wife came on a 2 yr spouse visa and your wife came to the uk on the 16th of oct 2006,then she can apply for ILR upto 28 days before 16th of oct 2008, but from what you said the visa was issued on the 8th of sept 2006, so it expires on 7/8th sept 2008?, so her visa has expired before she can apply for ILR , as the earliest she can apply for ILR is about the 18th of sept 2008.

yes your about 10 days short, but in my case it was like 6wks, and i had to apply for FLR to make up the time.

but in your case its only 10 days they may use thier discretion, and allow your app, but they are strict about the max of 28 days for ILR.

if i was you, i would phone ind, at least 2 times to ask a different person, as i've phoned a few times and they might give you different answers.

if you do need FLR. then you might be able to do it before the 1st of april b4 they push the prices up. as you can apply for FLR at anytime.

good luck hope you dont need to apply for it,. warning to others thou, come to the UK within 28 days of the visa being issued, and if i remember right you can actually come to the UK upto 28 days b4 the start date the visa was issued. or it could cost you :yikes:

walesrob
26th March 2007, 11:41
Hi to Walesrob and Joebloggs,
Walesrob you say that visa exspires on anniversary of arrival date......Joebloggs you are saying you have to arrive in uk within 28 days of visa being issued......my wifes visa was issued on the 8th September 2006 but didnt arrive in the uk untill the 16th October 2006 (38 days after issued) does this mean I have to apply for an FLR to cover the 10 days extra.....very very confused.

I also called IND and they confirmed what joebloggs is saying. There is a 28 day allowance, but beyond that, you must apply for FLR so it seems, BUT do call them and see if theres some way leeway.

On another note, I'm doing battle with the BE Embassy Manila for the return of the documents submitted during Elsa's application over 2 years ago, they still haven't returned them (these documents are all my bank statements, birth certificates, etc). I was told I could have them back after 2 years, but how come you lot are getting all your documents back with the visa being issued? A visit to a solicitor might be on the cards if I don't get them back soon, I'm not a happy bunny.:NoNo:

joebloggs
26th March 2007, 13:26
hmm, can't remember with my wife apps, but i'am sure they gave her the orginals back at the interview, they def gave the orginals after the interview with my stepson, but that was only in mid nov last year.

maybe they lost them, like they nearly did with my wifes apps :cwm23:

Philip
26th March 2007, 14:09
:Erm:

Visa fatigue! :cwm3:

vbkelly
26th March 2007, 15:29
stress visa hehehe

gingxrick
26th March 2007, 16:07
Hi walesrob and joebloggs, Yes I phoned the Ind in Glasgow and was told I would need an extention cost for the 10 days £595 then £950 for the ILR but the guy said to phone head office in Croydon and was told there to wait till last minute before posting the application and that the officer who is dealing with it would use his own discretion so lets hope we get someone nice to handle our application

joebloggs
26th March 2007, 16:16
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
well i hope you do, petty for 10 days, but then where do you set a limit ? but there is a strict 28 day limit, and you sending it 38 days,,, :Erm:

anyway, good luck !!!
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gingxrick
27th March 2007, 08:43
strict 28 days,?????? I said to the guy no one told us about having to enter the UK within 28 days from date on visa,
his reply NO WE DONT GIVE OUT THAT INFORMATION

tiger@tigress
27th March 2007, 09:20
Im more and more confuse :cwm34:

Visa stamp March 22 expires on Sept 22, 2007
:Brick: :Brick: :Brick: i cant fly soon as i need to endorse my job properly the soonest is on May 17.....will i have a problem on that??
getting married on 2nd week of June....
When do i need to get FLR? :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: confuse!:Brick: :Brick:
HELP PLEASE!

M@

joebloggs
27th March 2007, 11:12
strict 28 days,?????? I said to the guy no one told us about having to enter the UK within 28 days from date on visa,
his reply NO WE DONT GIVE OUT THAT INFORMATION

its not a strict 28 days about entering the UK, its a strict 28 days or less about when you can apply for ILR. FLR you can apply anytime, but ILR you have to apply within 28 days of your wife being in the UK 2 yrs.

but they do mention on the web site about you should enter within the 28 days of the visa being issued, but they dont tell you why, because if its more than 28 days you will prob have to apply for FLR to make up the 2 yrs, and iam sure it says you can enter upto 28 days before the start date of the visa !!

joebloggs
27th March 2007, 11:15
Im more and more confuse :cwm34:

Visa stamp March 22 expires on Sept 22, 2007
:Brick: :Brick: :Brick: i cant fly soon as i need to endorse my job properly the soonest is on May 17.....will i have a problem on that??
getting married on 2nd week of June....
When do i need to get FLR? :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: confuse!:Brick: :Brick:
HELP PLEASE!

M@

oh iam talking about a 2 yr spouse visa. hope everyone else is :xxgrinning--00xx3: . i tihnk flr you can apply for anytime.

gingxrick
27th March 2007, 12:06
your ok tiger&tigeress we were talking about the ILR, when you come in to the UK on the 17th of may,and once you get married in the 2nd week of june you can apply for your FLR straight away or wait a little time then apply for it as long as your visa is still valid

KeithD
27th March 2007, 13:15
Simple answer:
Apply for visa when you are supposed to at the earliest chance they allow you, and shift to where you need to be within a month if that is required.

Couldn't be clearer. Why do folk complicate things?

LadyJ
27th March 2007, 13:23
After reading joebloggs and gingxrick's experienced about extending their visa before applying ILR....Please don't tell me I have to this as well as I did entered UK 33 days after I've been issued a Spouse visa?????

joebloggs
27th March 2007, 14:11
like a said before best thing to do is phone IND a few times, and ask them the same questions, maybe you'll get 3 answers the same :xxgrinning--00xx3: or not !:NoNo:

i was told one time, that its at the discretion of the person handling the case if i sent the ILR app early, but when i phoned twice more, they both said i definately had to apply for FLR to make up the 6wks ( but infact if i left it til the last minute to apply it would be only 2wks)

read this from the set(m) form

WHEN TO APPLY
You must apply before the end of your authorised stay in the
United Kingdom. For applications on Form SET(M) you have to
complete 2 years in the category to qualify for indefinite leave
to remain. Please do not apply more than 28 days before
completing that period. If you apply earlier than that, your
application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund
the fee and you will have to pay again when reapplying.
If you delayed your journey to the UK for weeks or months after
obtaining a visa as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or samesex
partner, you may need to apply for an extension to make
up the 2 year period. In that situation, you should apply on
Form FLR(M). If you are unsure about this, please call 0870
606 7766 for advice.

well it says weeks or months ,not days !! so phone and check, as if they reject your app they will not refund you the £750 !! :cwm23: :cwm23:

ask for advice and get more than one answer :Rasp: :Rasp:

tiger@tigress
27th March 2007, 15:31
your ok tiger&tigeress we were talking about the ILR, when you come in to the UK on the 17th of may,and once you get married in the 2nd week of june you can apply for your FLR straight away or wait a little time then apply for it as long as your visa is still valid

:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks for clearing that up :xxgrinning--00xx3: