PDA

View Full Version : Worst places you've been to!

Ako Si Jamie
12th January 2011, 22:36
Mine are mostly in the UK.

The worst places I've been to are Glasgow, Port Talbot, Le Havre in France, Middlesbrough, Wolverhampton and that dump of a seaside town, Morecambe.

But the outright winner has to be that concrete jungle I took an instant hatred to - Livingston in Scotland!

JimOttley
12th January 2011, 22:46
You got a problem with Scotland Jamie? :)

You've obviously never been to Cumbernauld, it makes Livingston look like Paris :D

I should say though that I owe a lot to Cumbernauld I had a customer there and worked up that way for a long time but thank god I never had to live there.

I miss Glasgow though, it's a lovely place in the summer these days.

Tawi2
12th January 2011, 22:47
Middlesbrough
Smoggyland which alongside Hartlepool must be ranked as least likely to win a britain in bloom award :icon_lol:

Tawi2
12th January 2011, 22:54
Been to Tondo a few times,used to be ranked as one of the worst parts of Manila,the first time I went there I saw two guys try and snatch a womans bag :Erm: Wasnt so bad walking around the squatters houses though,met a few decent people :)

Ako Si Jamie
12th January 2011, 22:54
You got a problem with Scotland Jamie? :)

Not at all. Lived in Inverness for two years. Really nice place. :)

KeithD
12th January 2011, 23:02
Paris :NoNo: ..... stinky and full of French people :crazy:

JimOttley
12th January 2011, 23:05
Been to Tondo a few times,used to be ranked as one of the worst parts of Manila,the first time I went there I saw two guys try and snatch a womans bag :Erm: Wasnt so bad walking around the squatters houses though,met a few decent people :)
My pal Seg used to live in Tondo, his family owned a small house there although the family and his dad's business were based in Samar.

He wanted out of Tondo and got out as soon as he could when the company he worked for gave him the chance to live in the shared company house during the week.

He's now working in Dubai.

JimOttley
12th January 2011, 23:06
Not at all. Lived in Inverness for two years. Really nice place. :)

I miss Scotland a lot particularly the west coast where I come from.

Tawi2
12th January 2011, 23:09
Does smoky mountain still exist Jim?Havent wandered around Tondo or North Harbour areas for a number of years,I normally try to avoid Manila nowadays or leastways limit my time there before flying south,I think Davao's cleanliness,polite Taxi-drivers etc have spoilt me:)

JimOttley
12th January 2011, 23:16
Does smoky mountain still exist Jim?Havent wandered around Tondo or North Harbour areas for a number of years,I normally try to avoid Manila nowadays or leastways limit my time there before flying south,I think Davao's cleanliness,polite Taxi-drivers etc have spoilt me:)

I've only been through the Tondo area once Tawi and I was driving (that was scary :)), Seg never took me over to the family home but I saw the pics, so I'm afraid I don't know about Smoky Mountain :)

Having just done a bit of research I would guess it's probably still there, there is one like that down in Las Pinas too but nowhere near the same size, close to our Nanay's place though :( although it should be going soon as there is a road getting build to connect C5 to the coastal road, indeed last time I looked that particular dump was significantly smaller than it used to be

JimOttley
12th January 2011, 23:23
Bit more research, it was still there in Nov 2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramdiboy/3560047384/sizes/l/

Tawi2
12th January 2011, 23:23
Smoky Mountain Pinoys saw it as a national shame :NoNo: The americans did an advert once,showed a kid rooting around the trash on Smoky Mtn,kid wore a filthy vest,ragged shorts and was barefoot just grubbing about in the trash,a caption came up reading "Dont let your kids eat junk food" sad.

Ako Si Jamie
12th January 2011, 23:28
I miss Scotland a lot particularly the west coast where I come from.
The ex is from Fort William.

JimOttley
12th January 2011, 23:31
Pinoys saw it as a national shame :NoNo: The americans did an advert once,showed a kid rooting around the trash on Smoky Mtn,kid wore a filthy vest,ragged shorts and was barefoot just grubbing about in the trash,a caption came up reading "Dont let your kids eat junk food" sad.

At least the lad in that pic I linked too has a pair of wellies :(

I know all about the scavenging on these dumps Tawi, for other reasons, and yes it's extremely sad too many good people end up as human recyclers working on these dumps separating plastic and the likes :(

Tawi2
12th January 2011, 23:37
I went to Delhi's infamous red light district G.B.road once,proper sleazy crap-hole,I was with a mate and we almost held hands for security it was that scary :NoNo:

Dedworth
13th January 2011, 00:05
Chavtowns - Britains worst places to live !

http://www.chavtowns.co.uk/

JimOttley
13th January 2011, 00:11
I went to Delhi's infamous red light district G.B.road once,proper sleazy crap-hole,I was with a mate and we almost held hands for security it was that scary :NoNo:

Well my mate Seg from Tondo did quite well in Glasgow when he was there, while I can find Glasgow pretty scary at times, he took it all in his stride :D

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/151266817_60995e9a4f.jpg

Horseshoe Bar

mindanao
13th January 2011, 00:31
Morgue :omg: with dead bodies around.

fred
13th January 2011, 01:53
Bit more research, it was still there in Nov 2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ramdiboy/3560047384/sizes/l/

Its still very much here Jim.. On the positive side there is a project that is proposing the collection of methane gas from the mountain which will be used to charge batteries for electric Jeepneys..
http://www.lakbaypilipinas.com/blog/travel-photos/e-jeepney-philippines-electronic-jeepney.jpg

I know its a really tough life there for locals but at least they are making an honest living of sorts..If the R.P did change their stance on modern incinerators (which I think they should do) there will be a another army of beggars on the streets of Manila to contend with..
Damned if you do,damned if you dont..
Still prefer the place to Middlesbrough though..

subseastu
13th January 2011, 07:26
Worst places for me in no particular order:
grangemouth
Grimsby
Damman, Suadi

Thats all I can remember for now as I tend to get fairly drunk to block some of the really bad places out!!!

stevewool
13th January 2011, 08:32
hull is a bit of a dump and cleethorpes when the sea has gone out you are walking miles to find it:icon_lol:

Terpe
13th January 2011, 10:43
...You've obviously never been to Cumbernauld, it makes Livingston look like Paris :D

I spent 1 month working in Cumbernauld. Your description is reasonable.
Won't tell who I worked for though :NoNo:

Terpe
13th January 2011, 10:47
My pal Seg used to live in Tondo, his family owned a small house there

Friends of ours have nice house in Tondo. He's a Brit.
Visited there a few times. Yeah, bit uncomfortable sometimes (being a stranger and a white guy)
Luckily had no real bad experiences. (close calls though)
Actually we've had some nice times with some of the locals

Terpe
13th January 2011, 10:49
Worst place ever in my life was Lagos.
Just happened that every experience was a bad memory. Maybe just my bad luck

stevewool
13th January 2011, 11:10
worse place , now i remember, being 1 of 15 in the household our outside toilet brings back many many horible images , so to me being one of the youngest, that place was the most horible place up to now:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
13th January 2011, 11:25
I lived in central London for a year or two when I was 18/19.

I never felt safe there and I still don't.

It seems to be just full of crooks and loonies.

Rather be in Manila. :)

RickyR
13th January 2011, 12:49
Regards earlier message about Smokey Mountain, officially it's closed, and everyone has been moved on, but they have moved about 200 yards away and another landfill site (effectively the new smokey mountain) exists. We helped out a few times with the charity there run by a British lady called Jane Walker called the Philippine Commnuity Fund. You can buy merchandise made by the people who live there, made using rubbish essentially and is sold in debenhams. I've never had any concerns walking around Tondo, but never have anything worth being mugged for one me!

I agree with Terpe about Lagos, I absolutely hate the whole of West Africa, and have ended up in so much trouble there that I never ever want to return to any country along that coast. Most of Africa is corrupt, but Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Angola and the Congo are the worst.

There are parts of the UK I don't enjoy, but you'll always within half on hour of somewhere nice almost everywhere.

sars_notd_virus
13th January 2011, 13:04
Quiapo Philippines( I had my OJT in Hospicio De San Jose) and the bandits knows a lot if someone is NEW in the area,easy targets for snatching,hold ups!!

and

London (basically just like Quiapo but in a different country)

Terpe
13th January 2011, 13:12
Quiapo Philippines( I had my OJT in Hospicio De San Jose) and the bandits knows a lot if someone is NEW in the area,easy targets for snatching,hold ups!!

and

London (basically just like Quiapo but in a different country)

This week I have been watching the crazy crazy happenings in Quiapo.
Millions of people completely mesmorised by one single goal..... touch the Black Nazarene.
Very frightening seeing such a large mass of people where each individual has absolutely no influence or control on anything.

Would not want to be anywhere there during the procession time.

fred
13th January 2011, 13:30
This week I have been watching the crazy crazy happenings in Quiapo.
Millions of people completely mesmorised by one single goal..... touch the Black Nazarene.
Very frightening seeing such a large mass of people where each individual has absolutely no influence or control on anything.

Would not want to be anywhere there during the procession time.

Yes.. the Black Nazarene!! The old burnt Spanish relic they worship like a God!!
Very sad event IMO.

worthingmale
13th January 2011, 14:01
worst place for me is London and Manila, hate big cities to busy and to many people.

I like more chilled out relaxed cities like Brighton and Davao .

tomboo
13th January 2011, 14:50
my hometown is the worst for sure, blyht in northumberland, its a place that you could never ever persuade me to live in

grahamw48
13th January 2011, 15:29
I've been there...sleepy little place by the sea....but a bit remote ! :)

AnaWallace
13th January 2011, 21:25
Well for me it has to be Belfast in the late 70's early 80's not a good place to be in your teens with a English accent,
Parts of Bankgkok i felt uneasy in oh and Springburn Maryhill what a dump,

Gary

bornatbirth
13th January 2011, 21:32
blackpool, i took my wife there for the day...i went when i was a kid so i couldnt really remember it except for the laughing clown.

as we drove into the town it didnt seen so bad but getting on to the sea front, its so run down and looking so dated...reminds me of manila :omg:

Englishman2010
13th January 2011, 22:31
The area around the green footbridge at the Baclaran bus and Jeepney stop comes near the top of places I don't particularly like. It's a filthy, stinky eyesore - pangit mabaho is what Elaine and I called it

grahamw48
13th January 2011, 22:35
I once went 'clubbing' in Baclaran...with a local though. :)

Also sometimes walked from the airport to the LRT station there...fully laden with bags.
Wish I was that fit now. :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
13th January 2011, 22:46

Also sometimes walked from the airport to the LRT station there...fully laden with bags.

haha, you skinflint, a Taxi to Manila from the airport is no more than 250 pesos, even in rush hour

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2011, 22:56
blackpool, i took my wife there for the day...i went when i was a kid so i couldnt really remember it except for the laughing clown.

as we drove into the town it didnt seen so bad but getting on to the sea front, its so run down and looking so dated...reminds me of manila :omg: Blackpool isn't too bad if you go inwards for about a mile and exclude the likes of Mereside & Grange Park.

fred
13th January 2011, 23:23

A mere stroll lad!!
We used to walk from Sucat Paranaque to UN Avenue int blazing sun..Then back fer`t a scrap of daing and a bit of burnt rice..
True.. No jeep fare!!

JimOttley
13th January 2011, 23:34
A mere stroll lad!!
We used to walk from Sucat Paranaque to UN Avenue int blazing sun..Then back fer`t a scrap of daing and a bit of burnt rice..
True.. No jeep fare!!

That's a fair walk about 6.5 miles each way Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3: Not a distance I would choose deliberately to walk anywhere :)

fred
13th January 2011, 23:53
Hey Jim..I always wondered how far it was..6.5 Miles? Are you sure? Seemed like a lot more than that..:icon_lol:
We used to thumb it,and jumped on the back of a 10 wheeler rice truck once..
We mighta been poor,but we were appy!!
How did you estimate the distance??

les_taxi
14th January 2011, 00:05
Smoggyland which alongside Hartlepool must be ranked as least likely to win a britain in bloom award :icon_lol:

My home town Harrogate won contest so many times we got banned:xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
14th January 2011, 00:08
Glasgow and Middlesbrough are stunner's:yikes:
Favourite city for me is Liverpool:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Bet you never thought I'd say that:)

JimOttley
14th January 2011, 00:10
Hey Jim..I always wondered how far it was..6.5 Miles? Are you sure? Seemed like a lot more than that..:icon_lol:
We used to thumb it,and jumped on the back of a 10 wheeler rice truck once..
We mighta been poor,but we were appy!!
How did you estimate the distance??

Just measured it again from SM Sucat where the new C5 Extension crosses Sucat Road along Ninoy Aquino Ave then down NAIA road to Roxas Boulevard then all the way to Ermita and the bottom of UN Avenue I assumed you were somewhere up UN Avenue, second time it came out at about 7.5 miles.

I used a measuring path on Google Earth not to fussy about following the road exactly but I included a couple of turns that you might not do in reality so it evens out. Of course if you started further into Sucat it would be longer.

As the crow flies it's 6.7 miles, I think I started from the wrong SM the first time :D (we live down past Sucat so I know the main roads reasonably well down there)

fred
14th January 2011, 00:23
Cheers Jim!! Not sure where SM sucat is.. The place didnt exist then and Ive not been back since..
We lived in Green heights sub division at the time.. might be called Greenheights village now??..

JimOttley
14th January 2011, 00:28
Glasgow and Middlesbrough are stunner's:yikes:
Favourite city for me is Liverpool:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Bet you never thought I'd say that:)

Glasgow is a beautiful city these days sure it has it's nightmare housing estates still but the city centre and outlying areas are very nice indeed and the people are much less likely to chib you these days ;) It's come a long long way since the late 50's early 60's.

Kelvingrove Art Gallery

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2420/2207232811_ec90d1b0fe.jpg

SECC and Bells Bridge with the BBC on the left.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/516833241_770627b866.jpg

Queen Street Station

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/930782341_68bd3dec1d.jpg

Glasgow Science Centre

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1393/641698413_fdf2936ab7.jpg

JimOttley
14th January 2011, 00:32
Cheers Jim!! Not sure where SM sucat is.. The place didnt exist then and Ive not been back since..
We lived in Green heights sub division at the time.. might be called Greenheights village now??..

Yeah I think I've heard of that one, ah ok found it

http://goo.gl/maps/y29O

add another 2.4 miles if you walked to DR Santos Ave first and then round to Ninoy Aquino Ave.

SM Sucat is here http://goo.gl/maps/BE2W

grahamw48
14th January 2011, 00:39
A mere stroll lad!!
True.. No jeep fare!!

Oh, I HAVE walked to Ermita from the airport, and in the sun, and with 20kg on my back, and hand-luggage too....one day when everything was totally snarled up.:rolleyes:

The best was visiting the mother-in-law at the farm in the mountains. Just a footpath through the Jungle up and down dale for 6 hours. :cwm3:

I normally cycle for day to day getting about...even brought one of those crossbar seats from England for my boy, and used to take him to school every day on it, or on the scooter if really chucking it down. :)

Here's my last one, pictured with step-daughter, and niece (on the right)

Note the back light...a total novelty in the Phils of course :icon_lol:...but I like to be seen !

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8643/negs2033.jpg

Apologs to mods for going odd-topic.:Erm:

fred
14th January 2011, 00:46
Thanks again Jim..So about 10 miles give or take..
Yep.. Past MIA onto the expressway down to Baclaran keep going...and going to Roxas boulevard and pray for UN avenue..:icon_sorry:
Cheers,
Fred.

JimOttley
14th January 2011, 01:06
Thanks again Jim..So about 10 miles give or take..
Yep.. Past MIA onto the expressway down to Baclaran keep going...and going to Roxas boulevard and pray for UN avenue..:icon_sorry:
Cheers,
Fred.

I can imagine, we used to live up near Malate but then moved down to Las Pinas a while back, just measured that properly for the first time about 7 miles would only consider a taxi for that journey :D in fact last time was two weeks ago 150 peso same length journey from Glasgow city centre to my home town would have been at least 15 quid any time in the last 15 years but as you say if you are skint and have no choice you just get on with it :) :xxgrinning--00xx3: Cheers!

fred
14th January 2011, 01:18
So you live there now in Las Pinas Jim? We lived in Philam life village for a while back in the 80`s..
When Im in town next I`ll buy you a beer for all that rummaging around on my behalf on Google earth!!..
Cheers,
Fred.

fred
14th January 2011, 01:23
Apologs to mods for going odd-topic.

Apology accepted... Just watch yourself though right!:ReadIt:

Blimey..The seat on that bike looks like a razor blade!!

JimOttley
14th January 2011, 01:26
So you live there now in Las Pinas Jim? We lived in Philam life village for a while back in the 80`s..
When Im in town next I`ll buy you a beer for all that rummaging around on my behalf on Google earth!!..
Cheers,
Fred.

Family live there with me paying the rent :D I only get to live there once I have saved enough pennies :)

I am cursed with having to work for a living in freezin cold England, just got back to the UK a few days ago. :(

It'll be a few months before I'm back over but I'll give you a shout in case you are up in Manila, I would have done so this trip as I know you said you spent part of Christmas in Manila but we were really busy for most of this trip and I ended up getting a
bad cold as well (which is getting worse now I am back in one of my least favourite places, near Liverpool, just to stay on topic ;))

grahamw48
14th January 2011, 01:33
Apology accepted... Just watch yourself though right!:ReadIt:

Blimey..The seat on that bike looks like a razor blade!!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6943/daglnulenn2qowi3zh2.gif

:D

Tawi2
14th January 2011, 22:30
Britain's most miserable cities
1 Glasgow
2 Newcastle
3 Sheffield
4 Cardiff
5 London

Britain's least miserable cities
1 Southampton
2 Nottingham
3 Edinburgh
4 Liverpool
5 Leeds

JimOttley
14th January 2011, 23:25
1 Glasgow
2 Newcastle
3 Sheffield
4 Cardiff
5 London

1 Southampton
2 Nottingham
3 Edinburgh
4 Liverpool
5 Leeds

Odd my daughter went to Durham Uni and spent a fair bit of time in Newcastle and loved it, I've only been there once but was impressed by the city and I've already said I really miss Glasgow :Erm:

What is it about Glasgow that people find so miserable? Apart from the weather of course.

Arthur Little
14th January 2011, 23:40
What is it about *Glasgow that people find so miserable? Apart from the weather of course.

That's what I'd like to know too, Jim ... *it's one of the UK's friendliest cities. Of course it is ... I was born there! :D

grahamw48
15th January 2011, 00:21
LEEDS one of the LEAST miserable ? :Erm:

I beg to differ ! :NoNo:

York is ok...big village. :)

alanp
14th February 2011, 22:36
one of the wost hotels i stayed in was the Holiday inn in sarajevo just found some of the photos. this was a few weeks after the war ended there in 96 the rooms were a bit drafty the last photo is where tovil and dean won their gold medal at the olympics

jimeve
15th February 2011, 18:33
Just got back from Hurghada,Egypt. really crap, only one pub and a few restaurants but plenty of mossies :rolleyes:

Terpe
15th February 2011, 18:46
No offence to anyone, but Egypt is one of those places I ALWAYS get ill whenever I'm there. (squits is the technical term for us Engineers)

Had some good times and some really nice food mind you. But always suffered for it:yikes:

Ako Si Jamie
15th February 2011, 23:06
1 Glasgow
2 Newcastle
3 Sheffield
4 Cardiff
5 London

1 Southampton
2 Nottingham
3 Edinburgh
4 Liverpool
5 Leeds Agree about Glasgow & Nottingham but find Southampton quite dull.

Nottingham's meant to be have the worst crime rate in the country but I like the place. Has some good pubs too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
15th February 2011, 23:25
Worst place ever in my life was Lagos.
Just happened that every experience was a bad memory. Maybe just my bad luck

I agree with you Terpe.
The first time I went to Lagos (Nigeria) was in 1978.
As I was checked over by the immigration in Lagos airport, they tried to take my SLR camera away saying it was not allowed in the country. I grabbed it back.
As we left the airport, there was a traffic jam getting out for about 1 hour.
At the end of the jam as we could see the empty road ahead, the police fined me (not the Nigerian driver) for speeding. :yikes: We had been driving at less than a mile an hour.
These sorts of stories are legendary and frequent and anyone who has travelled extensively in West Africa will tell you many similar stories.

I finally got to understand Nigeria more as the years went by and I visited there many more times.
There were always problems there and, even though I haven't been there for some years now, I suppose nothing has changed.
I worked in about 12 West African countries and they all have problems of some sort or another, but Nigeria is the worst by a long way.
I could go on................

Terpe
16th February 2011, 10:31
I agree with you Terpe.
The first time I went to Lagos (Nigeria) was in 1978.
As I was checked over by the immigration in Lagos airport, they tried to take my SLR camera away saying it was not allowed in the country. I grabbed it back.
As we left the airport, there was a traffic jam getting out for about 1 hour.
At the end of the jam as we could see the empty road ahead, the police fined me (not the Nigerian driver) for speeding. :yikes: We had been driving at less than a mile an hour.
These sorts of stories are legendary and frequent and anyone who has travelled extensively in West Africa will tell you many similar stories.

I finally got to understand Nigeria more as the years went by and I visited there many more times.
There were always problems there and, even though I haven't been there for some years now, I suppose nothing has changed.
I worked in about 12 West African countries and they all have problems of some sort or another, but Nigeria is the worst by a long way.
I could go on................

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Enjoyed reading that. Bought back many memories.
It's true we all have many stories.
Africa was really a good learning experience for me. Although at least 4 or 5 life threatening experiences (Nigeria)

aposhark
16th February 2011, 11:30
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Enjoyed reading that. Bought back many memories.
It's true we all have many stories.
Africa was really a good learning experience for me. Although at least 4 or 5 life threatening experiences (Nigeria)

Yes Terpe,
I was asked once if I was interested in being a shore administrator doing logistics for ships in West Africa.
When I spoke to the man in the Oil company he asked me how many West African countries I had worked in, not whether I knew much about getting ships in and out of port etc.
We all know that if you can work in West Africa, you can work anywhere.
The rest of the world was a doddle for me; you need eyes in the back of your head in West Africa.

jimeve
16th February 2011, 16:43
No offence to anyone, but Egypt is one of those places I ALWAYS get ill whenever I'm there. (squits is the technical term for us Engineers)

Had some good times and some really nice food mind you. But always suffered for it:yikes:

Even my wife got ill and she's from Bohol. i have caught something on my face, like a blemish and its getting bigger and water started to leak from it. :yikes:

stevewool
16th February 2011, 16:58
bognor regis on a wet day,:NoNo::NoNo: thats crap

kester
16th February 2011, 17:18
I have lived in inner city Chicago, Moscow,Baku(Azerbaijan) ,Cape Town, various places in the Uk and France ........
I always have tried to live as much as a local as I can and have found......

People everywhere friendly and interesting things to do/see ....

except Chicago horrible place and horrible people but perhaps I was just unlucky ,the world is big enough I will never have to go back to the USA.

P

Dedworth
16th February 2011, 18:46
Harlow and most of the other new towns are ghastly places

aposhark
16th February 2011, 20:30
I have lived in inner city Chicago, Moscow,Baku(Azerbaijan) ,Cape Town, various places in the Uk and France ........
I always have tried to live as much as a local as I can and have found......

People everywhere friendly and interesting things to do/see ....

except Chicago horrible place and horrible people but perhaps I was just unlucky ,the world is big enough I will never have to go back to the USA.

P

:Wave: Welcome kester :Wave:

same here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
16th February 2011, 22:03
bognor regis on a wet day,:NoNo::NoNo: thats crapI bet it's better than Morecambe.

Englishman2010
16th February 2011, 22:13
I once went to Gt Yarmouth for a long weekend one mid September, everything had closed down at the end of August:doh It must be one of the dullest seaside resorts in the UK.

Ako Si Jamie
16th February 2011, 22:20
Been to Yarmouth too and I agree it's not up to much. Another one is Minehead.

Dedworth
16th February 2011, 22:35
I bet it's better than Morecambe.

In an earlier life I used to stay in and around Lancaster every 2 months and I ventured into Morecambe a couple of times, a tacky place - could never decide if it was the poor man's Blackpool or whether Blackpool was the poor man's Morecambe. Bognor's not too bad, shame the birdman off the pier comp has moved to Worthing. Not so much pondlife, junkies and undesirables as Hastings or Eastbourne which is looking very tainted :yikes:

Ako Si Jamie
16th February 2011, 22:44
In an earlier life I used to stay in and around Lancaster every 2 months and I ventured into Morecambe a couple of times, a tacky place - could never decide if it was the poor man's Blackpool or whether Blackpool was the poor man's Morecambe. Bognor's not too bad, shame the birdman off the pier comp has moved to Worthing. Not so much pondlife, junkies and undesirables as Hastings or Eastbourne which is looking very tainted :yikes:Lancaster's a lot better than Morecambe. At least it has some character - and Morecambe's definitely the poor man's Blackpool. Blackpool's not a bad place once away from the prom & the idiots. :icon_lol:

Dedworth
16th February 2011, 22:46
Blackpool's not a bad place once away from the prom & the idiots. :icon_lol:

Somewhere out Warton way would that be far enough ? :D

Ako Si Jamie
16th February 2011, 22:52
Somewhere out Warton way would that be far enough ? :D:icon_lol: Warton? Is that towards Kirkham?

Actually once you go the other side of Whitegate Drive/Devonshire Rd it improves. Bispham isn't too bad either.

Dedworth
16th February 2011, 22:57
:icon_lol: Warton? Is that towards Kirkham?

Yes not far it's where the BAe plant and airfield is

imagine
17th February 2011, 00:02
worse place i been to? blackburn,,, oops think im on wrong thread :icon_lol:

raynaputi
17th February 2011, 00:15
errr..:Erm: for me, it's Mustafa Center in Singapore..:NoNo: