PDA

View Full Version : We got our visa

sala74
25th March 2007, 13:53
hi all,
Its been over a year since i last wrote in the forum, but i`ve always seeked advice and info and its helped my wife Mai,get her settlement visa!!!!
We applied on February 20th 2007 and got the good news that its all been approved on Friday the 23rd of March, so just over a month... I wasnt really overly hopeful about getting it straight away(we had been together just 17 months when we applied) and expected Mai to have to travel up from CDO to Manila for a visa.. But we supplied all the info we could and anyone about to apply, please include everyting you can... I kept everything from my 4 visits i made in the 18 months Mai and i have been together.. All flight tickets, receipts for meals,travel,hotel and just everything, the more you send the better it is... I think another important things to send to the embassy is, all the e-mails,yahoo chats,phone calls and txts you make while your apart...
Now thats she`s got the visa and she did the course in Cebu that all Filipino`s need to do before they travel,she just needs to go back and get the stamp(i cant remember the name of this off the top of my head!!!) have we got everything she needs before she flys??? Im sure she has, but just thought i`d ask. One thing is, she has a settlement visa, does she need a return flight ticket to enter the Uk, or is a one-way ticket to sunny Edinburgh enough???
Thanks to everyone who has taken time to write about there experience`s and i really helped in our application.. To those about to apply, do what i did, take time to read this forum..
Take care
Stuart and Mai

walesrob
25th March 2007, 14:46
hi all,
Its been over a year since i last wrote in the forum, but i`ve always seeked advice and info and its helped my wife Mai,get her settlement visa!!!!
We applied on February 20th 2007 and got the good news that its all been approved on Friday the 23rd of March, so just over a month... I wasnt really overly hopeful about getting it straight away(we had been together just 17 months when we applied) and expected Mai to have to travel up from CDO to Manila for a visa.. But we supplied all the info we could and anyone about to apply, please include everyting you can... I kept everything from my 4 visits i made in the 18 months Mai and i have been together.. All flight tickets, receipts for meals,travel,hotel and just everything, the more you send the better it is... I think another important things to send to the embassy is, all the e-mails,yahoo chats,phone calls and txts you make while your apart...
Now thats she`s got the visa and she did the course in Cebu that all Filipino`s need to do before they travel,she just needs to go back and get the stamp(i cant remember the name of this off the top of my head!!!) have we got everything she needs before she flys??? Im sure she has, but just thought i`d ask. One thing is, she has a settlement visa, does she need a return flight ticket to enter the Uk, or is a one-way ticket to sunny Edinburgh enough???
Thanks to everyone who has taken time to write about there experience`s and i really helped in our application.. To those about to apply, do what i did, take time to read this forum..
Take care
Stuart and Mai

First of all, congratulations Stuart and Mai!

You will only need to buy her a one-way to the UK, she wont be going back for a while, and it'll be cheaper. As long as she has the CFO stamp & certificate, she's free to leave the Philippines.

KeithD
25th March 2007, 20:52
She'll be here just in time for haggis hunting season :cwm24:

tiger@tigress
25th March 2007, 22:07
:Hellooo: Congratulation to all of us :Hellooo:

mach
26th March 2007, 06:53
congRatulationS :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gingxrick
26th March 2007, 10:02
Congratulations Stuart on getting the wifes visa. what part of Edinburgh are you from I'm living with my wife Ging in Dalgety Bay she comes from CDO. send me a private message and if you like we could meet up sometime for a chat. take care from Ricky and Ging

sala74
27th March 2007, 17:13
Congratulations Stuart on getting the wifes visa. what part of Edinburgh are you from I'm living with my wife Ging in Dalgety Bay she comes from CDO. send me a private message and if you like we could meet up sometime for a chat. take care from Ricky and Ging
Im from sunny leith, but im looking to move back home to dunfermline later in the year... Mai is coming in May, so i`ll get in touch and it would be great for her to know she has someone from CDO so close..

Chrisirene
28th March 2007, 00:19
Congrats!!!!!!!!! Sala74.. :D

tiger@tigress
28th March 2007, 06:12
Im from sunny leith, but im looking to move back home to dunfermline later in the year... Mai is coming in May, so i`ll get in touch and it would be great for her to know she has someone from CDO so close..

Same here! hope to be there soon but... :NoNo: :NoNo: