PDA

View Full Version : chikka now on uk networks

baboyako
25th March 2007, 11:57
I just noticed that chikka now supports the uk phone networks..

this now means I don't need to use sms anymore!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
25th March 2007, 11:59

this now means I don't need to use sms anymore!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow thats a wonderful news i will try to send message to TJ :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

baboyako
25th March 2007, 12:32
:doh erm strike that.

I just tried it & it costs 25p to receive a message :angry:

empott
25th March 2007, 23:16

expensive!!!!

tiger@tigress
26th March 2007, 03:09
:doh erm strike that.
:omg: :yikes: yes expensive i rather use txt wise heheheheh

KeithD
26th March 2007, 09:03
That's how they make money as I mentioned yonks ago, you send it free, the person at the other end pays a premium rate.....but no one listens to me. :rolleyes:

vbkelly
31st March 2007, 21:51

this now means I don't need to use sms anymore!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: i did try it now its work just 2.50pesos if they reply it to you instead of 10 or 15 pesos

klsl_forever
7th April 2007, 17:45
If you're trying to help your filipina to send cheap texts get her to send smart sim already set for international roaming, pop it in your old moby and it costs her just 1 peso from her smart sim. Job done.

klsl_forever
7th April 2007, 17:55
If you're trying to help your filipina to send cheap texts get her to send smart sim already set for international roaming, pop it in your old moby and it costs her just 1 peso from her smart sim. Job done.

Alternatively, get her to put yahoo on her moby, 2.50 pesos to register each session and 2.5 pesos per reply, meanwhile you send for free using messenger.

Mich
14th April 2007, 03:04
guys, there is another way to communicate with your loved ones here in the philippines aside aside the one i posted just today.

try to let your loved ones use the sun cellular network. they have this service in which u can log on to yahoo messenger for p20 per day (p100/week and p300/month) that way u can chat anytime you want. she will be using her mobile and u, of course ur PC.

i have been using it for almost a year already and it is really good. and very cheap. i wanna give you the link but i dunno if keith will approve it. just google the SUN IMESSENGER.

hope this will help.

mach
14th April 2007, 09:03
hello mitch! i'm a globe handyphone subscriber and it is really very expensive to send sms abroad. It costs me PhP 15/send. I haven't tried sun cellular. Maybe one of these days...

Mich
16th April 2007, 11:55
hello mitch! i'm a globe handyphone subscriber and it is really very expensive to send sms abroad. It costs me PhP 15/send. I haven't tried sun cellular. Maybe one of these days...

mach, try the suncellular. i think the sms there is p9 only. and u can use its imessenger service!

mach
18th April 2007, 06:02
thanks mitch :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mich
18th April 2007, 06:45
ur welcome mach! :)

Jay&Zobel
21st April 2007, 23:52
I use Chikka everytime i msg my family and they dont get charged when receiving my textmgs. They reply on my Globe roaming mobile for PhP1/msg sent.

andypaul
22nd April 2007, 00:04
guys, there is another way to communicate with your loved ones here in the philippines aside aside the one i posted just today.

try to let your loved ones use the sun cellular network. they have this service in which u can log on to yahoo messenger for p20 per day (p100/week and p300/month) that way u can chat anytime you want. she will be using her mobile and u, of course ur PC.

i have been using it for almost a year already and it is really good. and very cheap. i wanna give you the link but i dunno if keith will approve it. just google the SUN IMESSENGER.

hope this will help.

Wow looks good do you know what types of phone this works on?

Jay&Zobel
22nd April 2007, 11:43

any phone thats not locked to any network is fine.

andypaul
22nd April 2007, 13:19
any phone thats not locked to any network is fine.

I guess it just needs to be java compatiable as well but most are nowdays so shouldn't be a problem. 3 pounds a month sounds like a decent price to me:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thats the same price as a text a day.

Mich
23rd April 2007, 11:47

it works on any phone. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mich
23rd April 2007, 11:48
I guess it just needs to be java compatiable as well but most are nowdays so shouldn't be a problem. 3 pounds a month sounds like a decent price to me:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thats the same price as a text a day.

it doesnt use GPRS. that makes it so much better. and cheaper! :xxgrinning--00xx3: