PDA

View Full Version : may 2007 election

ebony
25th March 2007, 05:51
Hello everyone! My boyfriend is planning to visit me for the second time on the first week of may 2007. The election for senators will be on may 14. Do you think it will be safe for us to travel to baguio and ilocos? What do you think??????considering that he is a foreigner. Any ideas from you guys is highly appreciated.Thanks

jonnijon
25th March 2007, 09:16
Hi Ebony,
I was going to visit my girl in May but she advised against it,so I would wait until elections are over.
John.

walesrob
25th March 2007, 09:50
Hi Ebony,
I was going to visit my girl in May but she advised against it,so I would wait until elections are over.
John.

I was in Philippines during the 2004 elections, and I had no problem. I think if you use some common sense, keep away from large crowds or gatherings, and don't attend any political rallies, you will be okay.

If you sign up for FCO alerts , they will email you on a regular basis with any new information. You can subscribe here:

https://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1086625105313

Also, if you plan on staying in the Philippines for an extended period, you should register yourself online at the Embassy:

https://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1086625105578

As of 25/03, theres nothing about not travelling to the Philippines due to the elections.

tiger@tigress
25th March 2007, 12:06
Hello everyone! My boyfriend is planning to visit me for the second time on the first week of may 2007. The election for senators will be on may 14. Do you think it will be safe for us to travel to baguio and ilocos? What do you think??????considering that he is a foreigner. Any ideas from you guys is highly appreciated.Thanks

He is safe! inside the or in the hotel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Ebony,
John.

I think if you use some common sense, keep away from large crowds or gatherings, and don't attend any political rallies, you will be okay.

Walesrob is right :xxgrinning--00xx3: