PDA

View Full Version : New job

subseastu
9th January 2011, 18:42
Well folks in a time of job losses, recession etc I've managed to land a new job on a brand new pipe lay vessel. i've had to take a drop in
rank but this is ok due to a considerable payrise (aslong as the pound stays as it is against the dollar that is). Another big plus I've now
got out of Egypt, slight downside is I'm sat in amsterdam and its :censored: freezing!!! Been used to working in t-shirts and shorts for the
last 4 years, now its jumpers and woolly hats!!!

Also managed chrimbo at home this year after working away for the last two.

Arthur Little
9th January 2011, 19:14
Well folks in a time of job losses, recession etc I've managed to land a new job on a brand new pipe lay vessel. i've had to take a drop in rank but this is ok due to a considerable payrise (as long as the pound stays as it is against the dollar that is).

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations, Stu ...

Another big plus I've now
got out of Egypt ...

... out of the biblical "House of Bondage", eh!? :rolleyes:

... slight downside is I'm sat in amsterdam and its :censored: freezing!!! Been used to working in t-shirts and shorts for the
last 4 years, now its jumpers and woolly hats!!!

:freezin: ... brr ... not exactly the "Promised Land", though :NoNo: ... but still ...

managed chrimbo at home this year after working away for the last two.

... it's already had its advantages ... Cheers!! :Beer:

stevewool
9th January 2011, 19:39
if you are haapy stu then we are, these days its very important to have work, think of how many weekend breaks you can have just a pop over the north sea:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
9th January 2011, 19:40
good luck in your new job :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
9th January 2011, 21:09
Well folks in a time of job losses, recession etc I've managed to land a new job on a brand new pipe lay vessel. i've had to take a drop in
rank but this is ok due to a considerable payrise (aslong as the pound stays as it is against the dollar that is).

Good luck in your new venture. Stay happy, that's the key.

RickyR
9th January 2011, 21:41
Congratulations. Must be great to be away from Egypt.

subseastu
10th January 2011, 12:18
Thanks all for the kind words, starting to feel happy in my lot again. It's nice to get out of egypt finally as they drive you up the wall..... from a work point of view anyway. And to be honest from a social point as well but I'm not going to get into that.

Steve, can't really pop home at the weekends due to doing 7 days a aweek for 6 weeks but i do get 6 whole weeks off at home so that makes up for it!!! Only problem so far is the wife isn't overly happy with me sitting amsterdam all this time what with one of europes largest red light areas just a short ferry ride across the river away!!!