PDA

View Full Version : Someone asked if Filipina’s could be found everywhere?

mickcant
7th January 2011, 17:15
Hi all,:Wave:
If you look on the “my location” link you will see I live on the Isle of Wight, which is a quiet out of the way part of the UK, with the Solent in between.

I had a kitchen appliance that I no longer use and offered it out on my local Freecycle group, rather than put it straight in the dustbin.

For me the first to reply could have first look at it, when they arrived ay my home address it was a beautiful Filipina who was happy with the item.

I felt pleased that I had helped a Filipina with a housold item.

We talked a little about the Philippines, she was from Manila, and had also been to Bohol.
Mick.:)

alanmf1
7th January 2011, 17:39
Small world eh Mick......Hope you will remain friends:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
7th January 2011, 17:44
Small world eh Mick......Hope you will remain friends:xxgrinning--00xx3:

No I do not think that will happen, but it certinaly cheered me up talking with her.
Mick:)

Terpe
7th January 2011, 21:16
I remember one time Carina had a friend (from Phils) living in Oswestry. We drove there for a visit and were greeted by 30+ Filipino nurses. I was just amazed that a small town like that would have so many living there.

Ako Si Jamie
7th January 2011, 23:58
Which part of the I.O.W do you live Mick?

I spent half of my childhood in Ryde.

mickcant
8th January 2011, 00:55
Which part of the I.O.W do you live Mick?

I spent half of my childhood in Ryde.

Hi Jamie and Maria,:Wave:
I am in Newport right bang in the middle of the Island.
I did live at Ryde when I first married in 1964 for around 4 years, I do like Ryde.

Ako Si Jamie
8th January 2011, 01:23
Yeah I remember Newport vaguely. I liked the I.O.W, such a cool and laid back place. I was gutted when I left.

stevewool
8th January 2011, 10:36
so mick you are telling us that you put this in the local mag and this women came all the way from manila for it, i hoped you offered her a cup of tea :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

malditako
8th January 2011, 13:04
next time put it here in the forum...

mickcant
8th January 2011, 13:11
next time put it here in the forum...

It was a local Freecycle forum for the Isle of Wight; even if we had a Freecycle function here as I am I think the only member living here it would mean posting articles to the mainland!

Which would be ok for small items.

The thing with Freecycle is to stop usable items going to landfill.

Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
8th January 2011, 13:13
thats cool mick!! what a great start, u made someone happy...hope she's single and available for you?? and good romance starts to bloom?

mickcant
8th January 2011, 13:29
thats cool mick!! what a great start, u made someone happy...hope she's single and available for you?? and good romance starts to bloom?

No there was no indication anything like that could happen, i expect the fact she is here means she is in a relationship and getting things together for her home.

sars_notd_virus
8th January 2011, 13:35
still a good one mick....you found yourself a ''good friend''

grahamw48
9th January 2011, 01:52
Blimey that sounds like one of my daydreams...except that she decided I was the man of HER dreams, and she decided to stay. :icon_lol:

Terpe
10th January 2011, 12:54
Blimey that sounds like one of my daydreams...except that she decided I was the man of HER dreams, and she decided to stay. :icon_lol:

Graham, sound like you've been watching too many romantic movies over the festive season :D

bornatbirth
10th January 2011, 13:02
Graham, sound like you've been watching too many romantic movies over the festive season :D

maybe graham should start giving away all his house hold belonging until a single filipina turns up :icon_lol:

mickcant
10th January 2011, 13:21
maybe graham should start giving away all his house hold belonging until a single filipina turns up :icon_lol:
Sound good but then Graham would be in trouble for racial discrimination against western woman:crazy::furious3::NEW5::ReadIt:
Mick.:icon_lol:

grahamw48
10th January 2011, 14:28

Well that won't take long.

The 5% share left to me by the ex doesn't exactly clutter the (rented) place up. :rolleyes:

Before I met her, as a single man I owned a 3 bed detached bungalow, usually had a collection of 3 or 4 cars, and ran my own profitable business. :NoNo:

Terpe
10th January 2011, 14:56
Well that won't take long.

The 5% share left to me by the ex doesn't exactly clutter the (rented) place up. :rolleyes:

Before I met her, as a single man I owned a 3 bed detached bungalow, usually had a collection of 3 or 4 cars, and ran my own profitable business. :NoNo:

Sounds like previous life I had .. once upon a time:doh