PDA

View Full Version : URGENT WARNING - UK Foods Containing Contaminated German Eggs

Dedworth
7th January 2011, 17:03
Check out your store cupboards !

British supermarkets were today clearing their shelves of all products believed to contain eggs contaminated with toxic chemicals in Germany.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1344914/Dioxin-scandal-Contaminated-eggs-German-farms-reached-Britain.html#ixzz1AMkpuipl

Once again our reliance on foreign produced goods comes into question

mickcant
7th January 2011, 17:36
I am off eggs anyhow after having a bad one some time ago:omg:
Have I now got to lay off cakes:crazy:
Mick:)

Jamesey
7th January 2011, 19:21
More scare-mongering from the Daily Mail and the media in general. Why don't they focus on this part of the article: "'The Food Standards Agency has advised that there is no food safety risk from eating potentially affected products"? :NoNo:

Dedworth
7th January 2011, 19:27
More scare-mongering from the Daily Mail and the media in general. Why don't they focus on this part of the article: "'The Food Standards Agency has advised that there is no food safety risk from eating potentially affected products"? :NoNo:

That's all right then - Tesco's are wasting their time binning the stuff

gWaPito
7th January 2011, 23:18
Heavy on the dramatics I think Dedworth. The facts as stated on radio 4 at 1800. The stores you mentioned correctly, have removed said items. Radio 4 also stated the said items do not pose any danger to health. They have been removed because the said items do not reach our standards Period. No drama no crisis. Life goes on.

Dedworth
8th January 2011, 01:56
Heavy on the dramatics I think Dedworth. The facts as stated on radio 4 at 1800. The stores you mentioned correctly, have removed said items. Radio 4 also stated the said items do not pose any danger to health. They have been removed because the said items do not reach our standards Period. No drama no crisis. Life goes on.

I'd suspect the likes of Tesco are crapping themselves fearing some no win no fee actions - otherwise why would they take stuff off the shelves. I'm not fussed and would dearly love to see them shafted.

gWaPito
8th January 2011, 02:27
dedworth, Id like to wish you a happy new year and may you long stay on here. The forum wouldn't be the same without you. I just wish you would say what you really mean instead of sitting on the fence! Kisses many. Oh I wish you wouldn't keep using that word 'shafted' it makes me feel all erotic ha ha ha ha

Dedworth
8th January 2011, 02:29
dedworth, Id like to wish you a happy new year and may you long stay on here. The forum wouldn't be the same without you. I just wish you would say what you really mean instead of sitting on the fence! Kisses many

Likewise Happy New Year :D

KeithD
8th January 2011, 06:54
Where all DOOMED :yikes:

joebloggs
8th January 2011, 10:04
Where all DOOMED :yikes:

i'm ok been a veggy for 30yrs :crazy:

send all your money to me pls :rolleyes:

joebloggs
8th January 2011, 10:06
Heavy on the dramatics I think Dedworth.

i think dedworth is a headline writer for the low quality papers, because he knows of so many news stories in them, yet i can't see him ever buying them :NoNo: