PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Sound Dock

Admin
16th May 2005, 10:15
Look Pete, a thread just for you B) http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cellpoint/bosesounddock.html

With the present exchange rate, here's a good place for your Ipod gizzmo, £138, but you need to add on there P&P, and then 25% customs (if you mail them and ask for them to put a $99 value on the customs slip, the UK charge you less).

I order quite a bit from the US with no problems, and it's probably worth hunting around. It can be cheaper if you do what I do, and ship it to a friend in the US. They package it up as a Birthday Present for $39, and forward it on. No customs then :o

Supposed to be free trade, so why does our goverment TAX us on already TAXED goods? :blink:

I've ordered a SAC10 CCD imaging camera for my telescope £477 in US, £899 here!! Also a Coronado Hydroyen-Alpha Sun scope, £265 in US, £499 here!!!

I've had to order a new telescope from the UK due to the weight but it's cost me £1049, and in the US $1099!!! Work that out with an exchange rate of 1.85!!!! RIP OFF BRITAIN..... :angry:

walesrob
16th May 2005, 13:30
Keith,

I build computers as a part-time hobby/job, and EVERYTHING is cheaper in Hong Kong - from USB memory to Shuttle Cases. If I could fly more regular to HK I would bring back suitcases full of stuff and sell it on Ebay and make a decent profit :D

For those on the way to HK and looking for computers/Laptops, etc, theres a huge computer plaza in Sham Shui Po - its 2 floors with 100's of shops. Also Mong Kok Computer Centre - this one is on 6 floors. I got a 23 in 1 card reader for just 4HK$ - about 60p - price on Ebuyer or Savastore £4.99 !! Also a NEC DVD Writer for 380HK$ or £25 - UK retail £38 and they were kosher sealed goods with full warranty.

Avoid any electrical shop on the Nathan Road in HK - these places have the fine art of "rip off" perfected.

Admin
16th May 2005, 14:15
I used to buy all my computer stuff in Singapore, as I build them for other people as well, but they are only 5% cheaper on components now, and including the 'may not work' factor it's not worth the risk anymore, so I just use Dabs (90%) or Ebuyer (10%).

I was going to upgrade to the AMD64 4000+ with PCI-EX, have a AMD64 3000+ now, but with the dual core processors out in a few months, I'll wait, as it'll support my multi-tasking much better. And with two graphics cards on SLI it'll bomb along.

Rob: My wife says she'll have a chat with your missus if you want, she has plenty of time, I'm always to busy to bother with phones, they get in the way of gambling! If you want, email your phone number, or I can get her to email Elsa. info@filipinouk.com May help her settle in better with words from another 'Welsh' Filipino.

ginapeterb
16th May 2005, 15:48
Thanks for Information Keith..I will check it out...as for buying things right now..Lets get her laydship over..then we can have the cream on the cake...but first the cake...