PDA

View Full Version : Off to Cebu this week

aposhark
3rd January 2011, 22:59
Where does the time go?
My wife arrived in the UK a year last May - 20 months since she left her homeland.
I am so proud of her, she has had two jobs and gave birth to our beautiful daughter.
We will be taking our daughter to see her family in Phils, they are all eargerly awaiting seeing her for the first time.
We are going for 4 weeks and there is also Sinulog fiesta too on 16/1 - a rare treat and one for the telephoto lens.

I am shattered :NoNo: no holiday for 20 months and min 60 hrs slog every week.

I just want to land there and get to the pumpboat that will take my dear wife back to her family.
Her island will appear in the distance and gradually get bigger and bigger until they can reunite again.

I love the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3: Attach the battery charger cables and trickle charge my electrolite :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
3rd January 2011, 23:04
have a great time,
my misses has had a couple of jobs, itte joe and ike you works the hours she has to ( gone to work 8pm wil be back 11am tomoz, its neary 6yrs since shes seen her family, they've not seen ittle joe and hes more than 4yrs old now..

but ike you, i'm proud of my misses and how far she come, maybe this year we'l go to the phils :rolleyes:

mickcant
3rd January 2011, 23:44
Hve a good holiday aposhark, you well derserve it:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Arthur Little
4th January 2011, 00:00
:) Bon Voyage :airline: ... have a lovely four weeks with Rochelyn's family - you've both more than earned it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
4th January 2011, 07:30
have a great time,
my misses has had a couple of jobs, itte joe and ike you works the hours she has to ( gone to work 8pm wil be back 11am tomoz, its neary 6yrs since shes seen her family, they've not seen ittle joe and hes more than 4yrs old now..

but ike you, i'm proud of my misses and how far she come, maybe this year we'l go to the phils :rolleyes:

You must be as equally proud of your wife as I am, Joe.
A Filipina's capacity for sacrifice knows no bounds and we are very lucky to have such adaptable, loving wives who have the guts to make a new life in another country with the minimum of fuss.
Filipina wives are truly inspirational :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We hope your family will also be able to make the journey this year, Joe; your family surely deserves to go more than mine.
I will drink a cold one for you when I am there :xxgrinning--00xx3:especially knowing that you are a stalwart on this forum, with unceasing helpful advice for many people with numerous questions.
Kudos to you :)

aposhark
4th January 2011, 07:33
:) Bon Voyage :airline: ... have a lovely four weeks with Rochelyn's family - you've both more than earned it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks so much Arthur, the long wait is over and we will be lucky enough to once again see so many friendly Filipinos again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
4th January 2011, 07:36
Hve a good holiday aposhark, you well derserve it:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Thanks a lot, Mick :)

Terpe
4th January 2011, 08:54
aposhark, wishing you all a peaceful journey and a wonderful holiday filled with magical memories.
Wish I would be going 'home' too. But I must wait for at least another 12 months.

Seems you really need to unwind after work, work work ......

stevewool
4th January 2011, 08:56
have a great trip there and enjoy , we all make sacrifices for what we all need , but working as a team its better, seems we all have that

febmary
4th January 2011, 09:03
HI aPOSHARK.

bON vOYAGE. hOPE YOU will enjoy sinulog. That's a very festive activity thats all want been waiting for. enjoy and just be watchful!

alanmf1
4th January 2011, 10:22
Have a wonderful time..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lovelyme
4th January 2011, 11:07
lovely place! im sure you'll have a great time with your family there ;-)

RickyR
4th January 2011, 12:16
Sounds great, if your on the mainland in the next few weeks you should come over for a Barbeque.

laurel
4th January 2011, 12:33
Enjoy Apo!!!....................sounds like you need the break.
Nice for your wife to get back as well.
:)

aposhark
4th January 2011, 12:48
I didn't expect so many replies, thanks for the kind wishes:
laurel, RickyR, lovelyme, alanmf1, febmary, stevewool :Hellooo:

Sim11UK
4th January 2011, 13:50
Nice to be going this time of year...I'm sure Mrs Shark is very excited to be going home.
A month is a good length of time to stay. :)

Doc Alan
4th January 2011, 14:07
Maligayang paglalakbay sa iyong lahat :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We haven't met but you've had kind words for me in the past - take care my friend :).

purple
4th January 2011, 14:13
Sounds great, if your on the mainland in the next few weeks you should come over for a Barbeque.

BBQ is nice... I did not notice that you're only from Mandaue RickyR.. been there couple of times this week to see Simon Timmins who lives at Villa Terrace, next to Moya Jackson's place... a brit who is a dive instructor.

purple
4th January 2011, 14:15
Hi Apo,

I'm sure you will enjoy the Sinulog.
Too bad, me and hubby will miss the it since we will leave on the 15th Jan for UK.

You and wife have a great time here in Cebu.
Meet ups will be good before we leave for UK.

Ladybug_sim
4th January 2011, 14:17
Have a safe trip aposhark and family. I wish you enjoy the break time you have with your family here in Philippines. Just try to go with sinulog this coming Jan 15 to 16 it is a big fiesta Celebration their in Cebu. I wish i can go there but we have a family fiesta celebration for that time too so need to go back soon at the province and i wish buggy can go with me.. well, time will come soon i hope he will experience the gatherings we have here .. take care all and enjoy the weekends :Wave:

aposhark
4th January 2011, 20:55
Nice to be going this time of year...I'm sure Mrs Shark is very excited to be going home.
A month is a good length of time to stay. :)

Yes Sim11UK, you know only too well how important our wives are to us.
Mrs Shark will really enjoy taking our baby girl to her family, it is something I feel so happy about for her.
Thanks again :)

aposhark
4th January 2011, 20:59
Maligayang paglalakbay sa iyong lahat :xxgrinning--00xx3:
We haven't met but you've had kind words for me in the past - take care my friend :).

Thanks for your kind words Alan.
(My wife translated your tagalog for me, her main dialect is Cebuano).
I know you went over recently, I was just so brain-fried from over-working that I could not log on much.

aposhark
4th January 2011, 21:02
Hi Apo,

I'm sure you will enjoy the Sinulog.
Too bad, me and hubby will miss the it since we will leave on the 15th Jan for UK.

You and wife have a great time here in Cebu.
Meet ups will be good before we leave for UK.

Thanks for your reply, Mrs. purple.

Have a wonderful journey to the UK, our family wishes your family every success in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
4th January 2011, 21:06
Have a safe trip aposhark and family. I wish you enjoy the break time you have with your family here in Philippines. Just try to go with sinulog this coming Jan 15 to 16 it is a big fiesta Celebration their in Cebu. I wish i can go there but we have a family fiesta celebration for that time too so need to go back soon at the province and i wish buggy can go with me.. well, time will come soon i hope he will experience the gatherings we have here .. take care all and enjoy the weekends :Wave:

Hi Ladybug_sim,

Thanks for your kind words :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Our plans have changed a little over the past few days in that we will now be at the fiesta on my wife's island.
I can't wait to see the folk on her island enjoying themselves and dancing etc..
I will have my camera at the ready :icon_lol:
One day "buggy" will be there with you when you both enjoy the fiestas together :heartshape1: