PDA

View Full Version : Good luck! Burdock

Sim11UK
24th December 2010, 09:41
Burdock is flying out tomorrow, Christmas day to meet his Mahal for the first time...I'm sure he's a little bit nervous, but I'm sure he'll have a great time...Good luck! & Merry Christmas to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th December 2010, 09:45
Burdock is flying out tomorrow, Christmas day to meet his Mahal for the first time...I'm sure he's a little bit nervous, but I'm sure he'll have a great time...Good luck! & Merry Christmas to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Burdock, wishing you great moments, shining memories and Merry Chistmas to you both. :)

Englishman2010
24th December 2010, 09:46
Hope you have a safe flight Burdock, and all the best for when you meet your mahal the other end.
Merry Christmas

rani
24th December 2010, 09:47
what a happy christmas for burdock :heartshape1:

joebloggs
24th December 2010, 09:52

:yikes: it was 9yrs ago today i first went to the phils

gud luck burdock :xxgrinning--00xx3:

worthingmale
24th December 2010, 09:52
merry christmas and good luck

I was so so so so so so nervous when I met my lady for the first time,

and do you know what, within seconds she put me at ease and I have never looked back since

Steve.r
24th December 2010, 10:03
Wow Burdock, I wish you both the best of luck, have a special time together.:xxgrinning--00xx3::heartshape1:

Where will you be staying? What part of Phils?

alanmf1
24th December 2010, 10:12
Best wishes Burdock..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
You will have the time of your life......Enjoy!

MERRY XMAS:holiday08:

burdock
24th December 2010, 10:15
thank you all guys

yes a little nervous and very excited.

plans have changed a little Jonalyn can't get to manila till 27th so i have to make my own way from the airport.

I've booked a taxi though nissan car hire 610pesos to condo in san juan new manila

will have to get up early on 27th to go and meet jonalyn at makro cubao bus terminal:)

merry christmas everyone

KeithD
24th December 2010, 10:17
Nothing to worry about.... unless her mother is meeting him eh Joe? ;) :icon_lol:

joebloggs
24th December 2010, 10:28
Nothing to worry about.... unless her mother is meeting him eh Joe? ;) :icon_lol:

well you must be the first scouser awake its only 9:30 :rolleyes:

busy day for scousers and bin bags tomoz :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
24th December 2010, 10:31
:yikes: it was 9yrs ago today i first went to the phils

Something of a celebration too Joe :xxparty-smiley-050: Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th December 2010, 10:33
Something of a celebration too Joe :xxparty-smiley-050: Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and as scouser Keith has pointed out, its 9 yrs ago today i first met the mother in law :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
24th December 2010, 10:38
and as scouser Keith has pointed out, its 9 yrs ago today i first met the mother in law :icon_lol:

And worse than your father-in laws gun collection. :D

joebloggs
24th December 2010, 10:39
And worse than your father-in laws gun collection. :D

i think its time i kept my mouth shut :doh

stevewool
24th December 2010, 11:46
what a great thought to be flying out there over xmas , wish i was going but emmas firts white xmas here , next year we are going though:xxgrinning--00xx3:

burdock
24th December 2010, 12:59
Trying to get suitcase under 23kg:(

So far all gifts are out and still a little over only thing left I could take out is shoes but that means only taking the ones I wearing

What the chances of getting size 12 there? (clothes not a option as for being on the large size)

bornatbirth
24th December 2010, 13:07
have a nice time and trip :D

i rarely manage to take half a case with me, you only need to take shorts and t-shirts..if your case is 1kg over i doubt if they will notice it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

burdock
26th December 2010, 18:27
made to manila on time:)

Qatar airlines made my first flight comfortable and pleasant

the flight from doha to manila sat next
to such a nice filipina lady on her way back
from the UK. she made the flight go really quick, chatting and joking with me.

once I was past customs I was surrounded by taxi drivers asking what hotel, had a couple dirty looks when i said i'd book with nissan car hire(would recomend them for first timers).

I did have airport security guard come and show were I could change some money even though I was already about at the counter and then said it would be nice if I gave him some english money

well I had £20 notes and some change so
i gave him 50p

I'm going on a bit coz in condo on my own and can't sleep waiting for Jonalyn to get to manila (only 4 hours to go)

worthingmale
26th December 2010, 18:35
When I arrived there we walked out of the airport across the road down the incline to the duty free shop and pretty sure there was a taxi marshall asking where we ere going and giving the taxi guy a voucher type scheme.

Just like you the security guard told us where we could change money but never asked for anything, mind you she was female and cute hahahaha.

Good luck

joebloggs
26th December 2010, 21:47

I did have airport security guard come and show were I could change some money even though I was already about at the counter and then said it would be nice if I gave him some english money

well I had £20 notes and some change so
i gave him 50p)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: you made it ok

yes i had a secuirty guard take a £1 coin out of my hand once, my misses said i should have told her, she would have :furious3::cwm23::xxaction-smiley-047:cwm3:

:icon_lol: have a greatime burdock

Englishman2010
26th December 2010, 22:46
Have a great time with your mahal Burdock:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
26th December 2010, 23:41

Qatar airlines made my first flight comfortable and pleasant

the flight from doha to manila sat next
to such a nice filipina lady on her way back
from the UK. she made the flight go really quick, chatting and joking with me.

Glad you'd good flights ... the congenial company on the second leg of your journey would help. :)

I did have airport security guard come and show were I could change some money even though I was already about at the counter and then said it would be nice if I gave him some english money ...
well I had £20 notes and some change so i gave him 50p

Quite right ... you crossed his palm with silver ... and he'd be none the wiser anyway! ;)

Arthur Little
26th December 2010, 23:58
As I type, you'll already be with Jonalyn ... have a great time together!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
27th December 2010, 00:27
Hope all's going well?...I should think it is. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

burdock
2nd January 2011, 12:02
well my first week here gone and its been great.

We not done much yet just spent time together and going to malls :)

New Year eve was amazing in manila, I think everyone here must of been letting of fireworks I never seen or heard anything like it before.

at times it been a bit overwhelming with how many people here and the traffic (taxi rides are fun)

trying to get guards at condo to stop calling me sir(find it embarrassing) but not think it going to work

off to ocean park in the next couple of days once some of Jonalyn's family join us:yikes:

Terpe
2nd January 2011, 12:09
Hi burdock, it sounds like you're having a fine time. That's nice.
It's good that you have been able to spend quality time together, and a great experience for you over the very festive phils season :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Enjoy Ocean Park, it's a little bit expensive, but a nice time. BTW Gerry's Grill is a nice place to eat.:hubbahubba:

Sim11UK
2nd January 2011, 12:10
Great news Burdock :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just go with the flow.
I agree, it can be a bit overwhelming the first time over...you just need to get a feel for the Country...nice to get out of Manila in my opinion.

As for them calling you Sir, just get used to it as they always will, it's just they're polite. :)

alanmf1
2nd January 2011, 14:41
Burdock,Great to hear you are having a ball...........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
2nd January 2011, 19:22
Great stuff glad your enjoying so much:xxgrinning--00xx3: Take lots of pictures and video time will pass so quickly:)

onlygrace
5th January 2011, 06:24
I am newbie here. Merry Christmas burdock, hope you enjoy the time together with your girl :heartshape1:

----------------------------