PDA

View Full Version : About a year ago

Englishman2010
19th December 2010, 21:07
This time last year I was preparing myself for my first trip to the Phil's. I'd read a bit about it on line, studied my various guide books and been taught a few basic words by my then Filipina g/f (who I'd met in Singapore a few months earlier).

Here I am 12 months later, getting ready for my 4th trip to the Phil's (5th if you count the week I went to Singapore in Aug and then back to the Phil's in Aug).

I didn't know anything about this forum a year ago, and during the last 11 months or so I have made lots of great new friends and received some good advice, particularly when it was time to end the relationship with my ex Filipina.

2010 has had its up and downs for me, but during that time the forum has become a vital part of my life for gathering info on the Phil's, relationship and visa advice and for general chatting to friends with a similar common interest.

After the problems with my ex in the summer, everything seems to have settled down again for me, today's my 5th monthsary with my (new) beautiful mahal, and I can't wait to get back to her in approx 11 days time. I'm very happy I decided to still go to the Phil's in Aug and not cancel my flights after I had ended things with my ex back in June/July.

I'm sure there will be another 3 or 4 trips to the Phil's in 2011, and hopefully further exploration of a few more of the 7000 + islands. So I will be continuing to pick your brains for info and advice.

Here's to 2011, I hope you all achieve your dreams and goals:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
19th December 2010, 21:26
Here's to 2011, I hope you all achieve your dreams and goals:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Same to you Ian, another positive thread for the festive season :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
19th December 2010, 21:36
:) Like it Ian:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I have very similar sentiments....I'm sure this trip will be even more special and you will have a tremendous New Year in HK & when you meet up with Elaine.

I, for one will not be sad to see the back of 2010:Wave:

Roll on 2011:smileybigtmouth:

Tawi2
19th December 2010, 21:42
I spent almost the whole of 2010 in Pinas,second time I have done such a thing,sometimes we need time-out moments,hope we all achieve our goals in life(without getting caught:icon_lol:;)).

somebody
19th December 2010, 21:43
WOw so many in only a year your soon be a tax exile at that rate:Rasp:

Englishman2010
19th December 2010, 21:54
Doc - i try to remain positive wherever possible :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan - I hope 2011 is a much better year for you too (and Arlene)

Tawi - I'd love to spend a whole year in the Pina's travelling around and getting to know the place more intimately, but work and children have to come before leisure. If I plan it right with my annual leave and bank holidays, and making the most of weekends, I might be able to sneak 4 trips in 2011:D

Somebody - Not sure about a tax exile, more likley to be bankrupt at the rate I'm travelling:omg:

laurel
19th December 2010, 23:30
I'm sure there will be another 3 or 4 trips to the Phil's in 2011:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Can you lend me a tenner....................seriously good luck to you , and all the best for he future:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
20th December 2010, 04:01
What a good end to the year, sounds fantastic!

DIANTHA.MICK
20th December 2010, 05:44
So scary to think but it is all true, and know we see each other for a long time, and exactly what we feel is real.

Sim11UK
20th December 2010, 09:00
Well here you are, a year down the line, 1000+ posts a Trusted member, several trips under your belt, heartache & happiness along the way.
Financially poorer, but richer for doing some real living...Jump on for some more. :)

Englishman2010
20th December 2010, 09:35
Well here you are, a year down the line, 1000+ posts a Trusted member, several trips under your belt, heartache & happiness along the way.
Financially poorer, but richer for doing some real living...Jump on for some more. :)

Absolutely Sim:xxgrinning--00xx3: More of the good stuff in 2011 and hopefully no heartache this time:)

rani
20th December 2010, 13:27
stay happy ian :Wave:

Englishman2010
20th December 2010, 18:06
stay happy ian :Wave:

Thanks Rani, I certainly intend to:) and thanks for your help and advice earlier in the year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th December 2010, 18:07
a good read there Ian , what a year for many on here , what a trip you have had just like they say a roller costa, Elaine is certainly a beautiful woman and who knows whats planned for the coming months , years too, lets hope that all our wishes comes true for many, thinking back about the forum so much has happened for so many this year the 3 steves all are so happy all have plans and yourself too, a very merry christmas and a fantastic new year Ian, have a great holiday too