PDA

View Full Version : Vandals

jimeve
17th December 2010, 16:00
Vandals broke into a local substation and vandalized the equipment, resulting a power cut/surge. 5am Thursday I heard a bang and thought the wife had let the toilet seat drop.. then I reached over she was still in bed. then another bang..thought burglars, ran down stairs with my bat shouting... right dick heads your goner get it... no body there..then switched the lights on, they went pop. could smell burning, ran upstairs my PC on fire put that out some more bangs ran down stairs knocked the fuse switch to off. thought **** need to check all me leckie get a sparky in. then wife noticed street lights not on. All my appliances apart from TV got sizzled. So no heating, no cooker, no fridge, toaster, micro oven etc. all due to some pricks. Great Xmas i'll have. over 400 family's have been zapped. :cwm23:

bornatbirth
17th December 2010, 16:15
thats bad to hear, lets hope they get it fixed asap!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
17th December 2010, 16:32
It's a shame none of the scumbags got fried when they damaged the substation. I'm always bouyed to hear of joyriders writing themselves off, grafitti artists getting mown down by trains etc. Hopefully the substation will win next time.

Englishman2010
17th December 2010, 16:42
Hope you get your power back on soon. Has a loss of power affected the ignition and power to your central heating boiler?

Terpe
17th December 2010, 19:07
That sounds really bad.
I really hope you get back into good shape very soon.
Also hope the insurance company steps up to the mark

jimeve
17th December 2010, 20:05
Hope you get your power back on soon. Has a loss of power affected the ignition and power to your central heating boiler?

Yeah its blown the Electrics of the boiler, needs repairing. Northwest electric reps say they will send someone out to repair in the next 48 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

Englishman2010
17th December 2010, 20:14
Yeah its blown the Electrics of the boiler, needs repairing. Northwest electric reps say they will send someone out to repair in the next 48 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's just what you need during a cold snap just before Xmas. Hope you're sorted soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

nigel
17th December 2010, 20:19
....my PC on fire put that out some more bangs ran down stairs knocked the fuse switch to off. thought **** need to check all me leckie get a sparky in. then wife noticed street lights not on. All my appliances apart from TV got sizzled. So no heating, no cooker, no fridge, toaster, micro oven etc. all due to some pricks...
I know I'm stating the obvious but is it worth replacing the fuses in the appliances? They 'might' still work...:Erm:

jimeve
17th December 2010, 20:29
I know I'm stating the obvious but is it worth replacing the fuses in the appliances? They 'might' still work...:Erm:

First thing i did Nigel, they are all still in-tack and replaced some but the surge cooked the delicate electrons, still the telly works, and the power is back on, this is the wife's PC BTW. I looked at the plugs and the ones that got cooked where made in China.:doh

Tawi2
17th December 2010, 20:30
Copper-cable thieves Jim?One of the local kids in Pinas was locked up last month,cops came to his house and detained him overnight for scribbling his name on a wall,we should adopt the same sort of practices here.

jimeve
17th December 2010, 20:40
Copper-cable thieves Jim?One of the local kids in Pinas was locked up last month,cops came to his house and detained him overnight for scribbling his name on a wall,we should adopt the same sort of practices here.

They should indeed, some of the other residents houses caught fire, lucky I'm a light sleeper and I woke up with the banging, or i might not be here now.

KeithD
17th December 2010, 21:15
I have my PC's and main applainces on surge plugs/sockets.

So who pays for the replacements, the electric company or your own insurance?

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 22:25
Vandals broke into a local substation and vandalized the equipment

:angry: ... Bloody toerags!!

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 22:40
Also hope the insurance company steps up to the mark

I'm sure they will! I mean ... :anerikke: ... they can hardly use the standard excuse Insurers tend to trot out about what's happened being an "Act of God"!

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 22:49
but I'm not holding my breath.

Nooo ... don't ... it'll freeze! :yikes:

Sim11UK
17th December 2010, 22:56
S**tbags! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 22:56
Just trying to lighten things up a bit, Jim ... here's hoping your electricity supply is fixed very soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 23:07
It's a shame none of the scumbags got fried

"Fried vandals?" :vomit-smiley-011: Never heard of them before :NoNo: ... where were they cooked up from? :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 23:19
S**tbags! :NoNo:

Well ...:anerikke: ... 'teabags' ain't much use to him at the moment!

RickyR
18th December 2010, 03:32
Absolutely unbelievable what the country is coming to. I really hope that everything gets sorted out soon, and you still have a good christmas despite it all.
A few years back, I went to catch a 6am train from Doncaster to Manchester Airport, to be told that someone had stolen the copper wiring for the signals on the route so was put in a taxi and sent onwards to Sheffield to try and catch the train there. Is there that much money in the copper that its worth risking life over?

les_taxi
18th December 2010, 09:26
What a bummer:cwm23: but the good news is your electric bill will be cheaper this month:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
18th December 2010, 09:38
Do we have any electricians on here? Just wondering whether a different type of circuit breaker or surge protectors would have prevented the extent of the damage?

Dedworth
18th December 2010, 09:52
Absolutely unbelievable what the country is coming to. I really hope that everything gets sorted out soon, and you still have a good christmas despite it all.
A few years back, I went to catch a 6am train from Doncaster to Manchester Airport, to be told that someone had stolen the copper wiring for the signals on the route so was put in a taxi and sent onwards to Sheffield to try and catch the train there. Is there that much money in the copper that its worth risking life over?

Diddycoys are stealing metal often round here, whole streets of BT copper, railway signal cable, manhole covers. The latest seems to be hot water tanks, wiring and pipes from empty houses being renovated etc. Scum of the earth, but of course as a recognised minority they are treated with kid gloves by the courts. Crushing their caravans, 4 x 4's and transits should be the order of the day.

Tawi2
18th December 2010, 16:20
Diddycoys
A polite term,I always call them pikeys or "Do-as-you-like'ys".

jimeve
18th December 2010, 17:09
Up-date, got my central heating back on this morning, two guys from a heating company turn up, and sorted my boiler out.

Insurance said they will replace, or repair any damaged appliances. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
But my premiums will go up next year.:bigcry:

Dedworth
18th December 2010, 17:24
A polite term,I always call them pikeys or "Do-as-you-like'ys".

I normally do often preceded with the word Thieving and followed with the word B@stard but I have to watch my P's and Q's so as not to offend the few politically correct who frequent this forum - they might be happier to see them referred to as Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers :)

jimeve
18th December 2010, 17:31
I call them "gypos" Come to think about it there's a camp about two miles away.

Steve.r
18th December 2010, 17:44
Not only a problem with the rubbish people who steal the metal, but the scrap dealers are just as bent, as they never ask questions as to where the metal came from. They are supposed to log in all people who they deal with, and they should take a copy of their identification, like driving licence before they leave. None do, and so the cycle continues. We even have stuff stolen from our factory yard, and it turns up 400 yards down the road at the scrapy the next morning.

Tawi2
18th December 2010, 17:45
Not all copper thieves escape unscathed ;)

jimeve
18th December 2010, 17:51

Saves on cremations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
18th December 2010, 17:54

Great pictures I hope they were Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers

RickyR
18th December 2010, 18:44
Dedworth, ever considering applying for the European Director for Political Correctness? I think you'll meet the requirements.

bornatbirth
19th December 2010, 02:53
Dedworth, ever considering applying for the European Director for Political Correctness? I think you'll meet the requirements.

do they wear a nazi uniform :Erm: :D