PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee Visa Decision Reconsidered - Successful

rasc00
16th December 2010, 10:36
The ECO (Entry Clearance Manager) has reconsidered the decsion of the ECO in our Fiancee Visa application and overturned the decision - it took 9 days.

alanmf1
16th December 2010, 10:49
Well done:)....many congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
16th December 2010, 10:51
Woohooo :xxgrinning--00xx3: ..... always worth following through..... unless you have diarrhea :rolleyes:

Dedworth
16th December 2010, 10:54
Good result !

grahamw48
16th December 2010, 11:13
The ECO (Entry Clearance Manager) has reconsidered the decsion of the ECO in our Fiancee Visa application and overturned the decision - it took 9 days.

Well done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That is great news, and should give hope to others in your position.

stevie c
16th December 2010, 11:56
congratulations :Jump:

Englishman2010
16th December 2010, 15:11
That's great news, well done:xxgrinning--00xx3: It shows that it is worth appealing if you have all the necessary paperwork and feel the original decision was harsh

RickyR
16th December 2010, 15:34
Well done, congratulations! I bet you'll have a great Christmas.

rasc00
16th December 2010, 18:52
Thank you for all your great comments.

Yes it is worth asking the Entry Clearance Manager to reconsider a decision where it is thought to be bad.

In our case, I did my research on the reason for the refusal and quickly found it was clear cut that it was wrong - it was not a matter of "the balance of probability" as is so often cited in refusals. The ECO decision was clearly contrary to UK Law.

My advice: dont get angry or abusive when replying to the Visa Department - it won't help your case and will perhaps delay any reconsideration of the matter. State your case clearly and refer to any past legal decisions available or any UK Act. Take advice from an immigration solicitor if you are in any doubt - there is free advice available from UK solicitors on the net, over the phone and free help and advice from many Law Centres, funded by local authorities.

Arthur Little
17th December 2010, 03:29

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Great news ... Congratulations!

purple
17th December 2010, 07:34
That is a good news... Congratulations.

Hopefully you get to share the experience on how to ask the ECM for reconsideration to help fellow members here who had been refused settlement visa application.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
17th December 2010, 09:08
there is free advice available from UK solicitors on the net, over the phone and free help and advice from many Law Centres, funded by local authorities.

Don't forget, there is also lots of FREE help & support here too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good news for you both, congratulations! :)

stevewool
17th December 2010, 09:12
great news for you both , good luck for the future together

Terpe
17th December 2010, 13:17
Thank you for all your great comments.

Yes it is worth asking the Entry Clearance Manager to reconsider a decision where it is thought to be bad.

In our case, I did my research on the reason for the refusal and quickly found it was clear cut that it was wrong - it was not a matter of "the balance of probability" as is so often cited in refusals. The ECO decision was clearly contrary to UK Law.

My advice: dont get angry or abusive when replying to the Visa Department - it won't help your case and will perhaps delay any reconsideration of the matter. State your case clearly and refer to any past legal decisions available or any UK Act. Take advice from an immigration solicitor if you are in any doubt - there is free advice available from UK solicitors on the net, over the phone and free help and advice from many Law Centres, funded by local authorities.

Well done on your follow up to the poor decision.
Very pleased that you got the correct result in the end.
Good advice in your post

mickcant
17th December 2010, 14:30
I am very pleased to hear your good news:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

RickyR
18th December 2010, 04:23
Congratulations. Your perseverance has paid off. !

Mickaela
20th December 2010, 07:30
Great to hear the good news!