PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens)

sars_notd_virus
13th December 2010, 18:27
This time of year Philippines is so busy with christmas carollers,every 2-3mins kids and adults are singing outside your house.
I've watched the new disney film A Christmas Carol with my daughter (starring Jim Carrey ) of course she liked it becoz its animated but i thought it was lack luster ..so watched another version with hubby A Christmas Carol (starring Patrick Stewart )and we were delighted,watching an older version is better.
Hubby said theres an even older version which is in black and white and also another version starring Bill Murray called Scrooged and which we will be watching soon...
Anyone here ever watched any of these versions of A Christmas Carol? which one you like most????

grahamw48
13th December 2010, 20:45
It has been my habit for many years to act the part of Scrooge, as my small contribution to the festive season. :)

Are we permitted to call it 'Christmas' here in England ?

Terpe
13th December 2010, 20:54
I'm a big fan of Bill Murray.
Scrooged in a really enjoyable film. One of the best.

A Christmas Carol (1984 film) - Directed by Clive Donner and starring George C. Scott.
(This one is considered as being one of the very best)

For something completely different try 'Blackadder's Christmas Carol'
(If you like Blackadder - with a twist)

Terpe
13th December 2010, 20:55
It has been my habit for many years to act the part of Scrooge, as my small contribution to the festive season. :)

Not any more I'm afraid Graham:D

Sim11UK
14th December 2010, 00:41
A Christmas Carol, with Albert Finney as Scrooge. I remember going to the cinema, to see it for my sisters birthday treat, when we were quite small. The ghost of christmas yet to come, was quite scary. :yikes:...It's been on TV many times. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
14th December 2010, 00:54
Sars, Best Christmas film for me is 'its a wonderful life' staring James Stewart. Im sure your husband would of watched it over the years. We have it on disc.

Terpe
14th December 2010, 07:49
Sars, Best Christmas film for me is 'its a wonderful life' staring James Stewart. Im sure your husband would of watched it over the years. We have it on disc.

That is my number 1 all time favorite film ever :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
14th December 2010, 10:26
I find the sign on my door keeps things quiet over Xmas: "Carol singers will be shot on sight"

grahamw48
14th December 2010, 11:29
My mother always used to make me laugh.

She'd still be telling carol singers they were 'too early' on Xmas Eve.

I must have inherited her meanness. :icon_lol:

JimOttley
14th December 2010, 16:51

Agreed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
20th December 2010, 22:36
thanks guys we enjoyed watching ( Bill Murray/Scrooged):xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
20th December 2010, 22:45
i like a muppets christmas carol :D

theres so many different versions, i cant remember them all, i must be getting :olddude:

Sim11UK
20th December 2010, 23:38
From A Christmas Carol the musical, when Scrooge comes good (Albert Finney) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_n-cf5YPHQ&feature=related

Arthur Little
21st December 2010, 02:20

Definitely, Graham :rolleyes: ... I just wish more Brits would!

stevewool
21st December 2010, 02:43
just brought A Christnas Carol, from sainsburys with george c scott greatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:xxgrinning--00xx3: