PDA

View Full Version : Holiday - Singapore

Admin
12th May 2005, 11:05
Well been here a week, and more rain than usual for this time of year, guess the Yanks have been polluting our air a bit more :P

Costs more when it rains, was supposed to be laying around cooking myself to a lobster colour on Sentosa Beach, but as the rain didn't go off until 4pm, we spent the day shopping....well for the wife anyway, I got a plastic bag and a pocket full of receipts....no wait....I got two heads for my shaver for £5 each, £20 in the UK...WOOHOO....

My wife's niece in Kent is getting married supposedly on June 18th, but not to sure they will get a Saturday at such short notice. Anyway, they've had their present already.

Off to the Singapore Cup on Sunday, looking forward to that, and then back home on Wednesday at 7am. Always look forward to my own bed, regadless of where I've been.

ginapeterb
12th May 2005, 21:11
well its good to hear from you Keith, nice of you to check in on us in UK, normally its me checking in ...but this time its you...well Keith we look forward to having you back soon, but hey...not long after you come back, I am off back to go in country once again....I think we keep missing each other, criss crossing the sky's nice to hear you are on Sentosa beach, hey great news about the cheap shaver heads, have you been to Sim Lim Plaza as yet ?

Keith find out for me how much the Apple Ipod, Bose Music Speakers is will you, there is a new one out, made by Bose, its custom made for the Apple Ipod, and Ipod Mini ?? I want to compare, if you are in the Plaza check it out for me will you..cheers buddy

walesrob
12th May 2005, 22:43
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 12 2005, 08:11 PM
well its good to hear from you Keith, nice of you to check in on us in UK, normally its me checking in ...but this time its you...well Keith we look forward to having you back soon, but hey...not long after you come back, I am off back to go in country once again....I think we keep missing each other, criss crossing the sky's nice to hear you are on Sentosa beach, hey great news about the cheap shaver heads, have you been to Sim Lim Plaza as yet ?

Keith find out for me how much the Apple Ipod, Bose Music Speakers is will you, there is a new one out, made by Bose, its custom made for the Apple Ipod, and Ipod Mini ?? I want to compare, if you are in the Plaza check it out for me will you..cheers buddy

Quoted post

Singapore sounds like a great place - shame I didnt get the chance to see it during my 4 hour stopover in February. Next time me and Els go to Philippines, I'll try to get something through Singpaore maybe with a day or 2 stopover.

Admin
13th May 2005, 02:00
It's worth the extra to stay in the Orchard or York, Rob...not Geylang eh Pete :P SIA do a stopover package included in the fare, which is worth a look on there site.

Been to Sim Lim 3 times already :rolleyes: But any excuse to go again, so will have a look for you Pete. Probably won't be much difference if they are new, as the companies set a fixed World price these days. The new PSP is the same price in most countries give or take a few %.

You need to do some research to pick up the bargains on electronics.

Ah well, back toSentosa today for another perv ;)

Admin
13th May 2005, 10:26
Pete, you mean this one? http://www.bose.co.uk/home_audio/multimedi...nddock/more.asp (http://www.bose.co.uk/home_audio/multimedia_systems/sounddock/more.asp)

£250 in UK
http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/search...64013&x=23&y=14 (http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/search?siteSearchQuery=sounddock&catId=100164013&x=23&y=14)

£175 listed in Singapore
http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebOb...0.6.25.7.11.0.3 (http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/singaporestore.woa/80306/wo/nU5TNol9SX433GZXY3jVR3H1r4v/1.0.11.1.0.6.25.7.11.0.3)

ginapeterb
13th May 2005, 17:04
yes keith thats the one I want....so its 175.00 in Singapore, have you actually seen it in Sim Lim for that amount ? as its £70.00 less there, well worth my going via SIA on my way back...maybe a stopover to get one...using the SIA hotel package you mentioned, or was it Rob ?? Rob you would enjoy going..Keith loves it..Ive done it...hey stop taking the ......p about me staying in Geyland....it wasnt my fault..Filipino Travel booked it for us...they are the bozos who put us in Geyland 18 Lorong 50, hahahahah, the hotel was laughable..the bed had a leather mattress on...2 white sheets and 2 small pillows, we had to ask for extra pillows as my head kept sliding down the bed, and lets be honest about this, it wasnt the most romantic room in the world...they had 2 plastic coffee cups. with 1 pack of sugar each, 1 creamer and 1 coffee hehehe and a hot water jug...a small closet, and a shower room...hey come on it was ok, but not up to the standards of the York, or the Orchard, even the Oxford in Queens road, was better, at least they had a small breakfast restaraunt...I am kicking myself over this...

Rob..I bet you are enjoying the fruits of love...with your Filipina beauty...hate for you that mate...hehehehehehe

I am stuck looking at the 4 walls, and writing these posts, but I suppose my time will come, then we can all watch everyone else go through this...only 3 weeks to go for our British Embassy Manila exciting experience...I am also preparing myself for the WalesRob experience, in case they send me home emtpy handed, cos something is wrong, or they need to do extra checks...anyway I will be online at some cafe in the area, no doubt to let you all know how it goes.

in the meantime..keith is having a whale of a time...hate you for that Keiith...Rob is with Elsa..hate you for that as welll mate..hahaha

And Pete has got nobody

Situation normal...

walesrob
13th May 2005, 18:10
Aw Pete mate keep the faith....trust me when Gina is over here with you in UK, you'll have the time of your life, and you'll look back and laugh about the delays and hassle. Believe me its worth it!

ginapeterb
13th May 2005, 18:50
yes youre right Rob..thanks for that..I guess we will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about...thats a comforting thought...just jealous of you mate thats all...but happy for you as well....I take comfort from the fact that you married in May of 2004...I had just got back from Phils in end of March 2004...and gone a year, to where we are today, time flies fast...maybe the best is yet to come eh mate...thanks for those kind words...good to see you on the Asawa Forum as well Rob, how is Elsa liking it down in the valleys ???

Whats your location there Rob ??

walesrob
13th May 2005, 19:20
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 13 2005, 05:50 PM
yes youre right Rob..thanks for that..I guess we will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about...thats a comforting thought...just jealous of you mate thats all...but happy for you as well....I take comfort from the fact that you married in May of 2004...I had just got back from Phils in end of March 2004...and gone a year, to where we are today, time flies fast...maybe the best is yet to come eh mate...thanks for those kind words...good to see you on the Asawa Forum as well Rob, how is Elsa liking it down in the valleys ???

Whats your location there Rob ??

Quoted post

Hey Pete, Elsa is settling down fine, but still finds it a little cold! :lol:

I'm in Aberystwyth, btw, a long way from everywhere :D Probably not too far down the coast from Keith.

Any news yet on the SECPA? Or is it dragging on a bit?

ginapeterb
13th May 2005, 20:03
Secpa should be available to us around next Friday..Rob thanks for asking buddy..give Elsa my regards will you..yes..poor thing..freezing bloody cold and the goods dont turn up...tell me about it...I know where you are mate...I went up that way last year...along the West Wales coast...its nice along there..it will be different for Elsa true ? glad to see your avatar appearing on your messages..thats great...you might have noticed I just changed mine also..for a different look...Hope she is settling in ok...and not getting too homesick..heheheheh

Enjoy yourselves buddy...happy for you...keep in touch with us Rob and now Elsa is here..dont desert us buddy we need you.

Admin
14th May 2005, 04:13
Well trust our niece to go and book the wedding in Maidstone at 10:15AM!!!! :huh:

We were hoping to drive down in the morning for an afternoon wedding, plus I update my other web site at 11am!!! And as it's Saturday betting, the busiest day,I can't miss it so I'll have to sneak off and sit on the loo with my laptop :blink:

The weddings on the 18th June, so not sure when your back in the Phil Pete, proably then!!

Aberystwyth ;) Maybe we could exchange sheep some day :lol: The Welsh are very WELSH over there, Plaid Cymru rule....mind you, I was under Labour when I left, and thanks to 133 votes it's now a TORY area :angry: :ph34r:

Just think Pete, that in August, you'll be sitting in the garden, a glass of white, hot Sun, and Gina out at the shops spending all your hard earned :D :lol: :P

....and you know that nice pad you spent years developing as you like it, it will all have to change B)