PDA

View Full Version : help!!! need to see the thread that Doc Alan wrote bout DENGUE..

bher
8th December 2010, 16:10
need help.. bout Doc Alan thread DENGUE.. my husband have it but thank GOD he's coping with it.. wanna see & read it. been looking for it but can't find it.. please send me the link.. thank you...:)

Doc Alan
8th December 2010, 16:25
Hello Bher, I'm sorry to read about your husband. Please use "search" at the top right hand corner of this page + you will find my posts on dengue.

alanmf1
8th December 2010, 16:28
Bher..
i hope this is the one.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/27499-Dengue?p=254216&highlight=dengue#post254216

rgds

bher
8th December 2010, 16:37
thank you Doc Alan & Alanmf1.. i read it! god bless..:)

Steve.r
8th December 2010, 17:17
I hope he pulls through ok Bher :)

bher
8th December 2010, 17:27
thanks steve r..he will have another tests tomorrow, hoping & praying that his platelets will increase more..:)

Englishman2010
8th December 2010, 21:26
Good luck, hope your hubby gets well soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
8th December 2010, 22:35
You two don't have much luck do you :angry: ..... I do hope everything ends up OK, and in the future you can look back at all the crap and laugh at it..... or maybe not :Erm: :crazy:

mikey73
9th December 2010, 02:01
need help.. bout Doc Alan thread DENGUE.. my husband have it but thank GOD he's coping with it.. wanna see & read it. been looking for it but can't find it.. please send me the link.. thank you...:)

hope your hubby gets better soon

Arthur Little
9th December 2010, 02:17
Doc Alan thread DENGUE..

... glad you've found it, Bher, and would like to join your many friends here in wishing your husband all the very best for a speedy recovery. Take Care & God Bless! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
9th December 2010, 02:51
Dont forget to try the local remedies in addition to the local hospital procedures too.. If you are in the visayas ask the locals for the Tawa tawa remedy which is supposed to stabilise platelets counts..
Loads of info on Google about this..Also Google papaya leaves/dengue.. If any of us ever got it we would be drinking gallons of the stuff.

Terpe
9th December 2010, 08:16
thanks steve r..he will have another tests tomorrow, hoping & praying that his platelets will increase more..:)

bher, I too am hoping that your hubby will soon find a speedy recovery.
God Bless

febmary
9th December 2010, 08:57
You are right Fred, the nanny of my brother, was also fighting for dengue last time. And tawa tawa works!.

Bher, hoping for your husband full recovery. take care and God bless you both.

Hope u have" tawa tawa" in your area.

Doc Alan
9th December 2010, 10:48
And tawa tawa works!.

Really ?

bher
9th December 2010, 11:14
THANK YOU, ALL... platelet count of hubby is much better today its 198 the normal is 150-400.. so another blood test again tomorrow' hoping again it will increase more.. :)

bher
9th December 2010, 11:21
Dont forget to try the local remedies in addition to the local hospital procedures too.. If you are in the visayas ask the locals for the Tawa tawa remedy which is supposed to stabilise platelets counts..
Loads of info on Google about this..Also Google papaya leaves/dengue.. If any of us ever got it we would be drinking gallons of the stuff.

thank you FRED.. we don't have a plant like that in our area, but thank's.. i bought my hubby a papaya but he don't like it.. i read on google that 2 tablespoons of papaya juice everyday can help the platelet increase.. he's jst hard headed sometimes... but he drink lots of distilled water, gatorade and vitamin C (pineapple juice, mango juice & four season)...

bher
9th December 2010, 11:24
You two don't have much luck do you :angry: ..... I do hope everything ends up OK, and in the future you can look back at all the crap and laugh at it..... or maybe not :Erm: :crazy:

hahaha, well' boss thats LIFE... keeping us going & strong what ever s:censored: we had & we are having LOL.. thank you...:)

bher
9th December 2010, 11:25
Good luck, hope your hubby gets well soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you... he's a bit better now.. platelet increased...:)

bher
9th December 2010, 11:26
thank you mickey.. hubby is ok now..:)

bher
9th December 2010, 11:27
... glad you've found it, Bher, and would like to join your many friends here in wishing your husband all the very best for a speedy recovery. Take Care & God Bless! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you, sir art...:)

Doc Alan
9th December 2010, 11:27
I'm happy to know your good news Bher :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Since I am placing my name and reputation on a public forum I have to make clear that I do not recommend an unproven herbal remedy like tawi-tawi in the treatment of dengue fever.
As always, what I say is evidence - based, not just my opinion.
Dengue fever is generally self - limiting with no specific treatment. However, careful fluid replacement may be vital. Any fluid "remedy" which causes dehydration (diuretic) is not recommended :NoNo:

bher
9th December 2010, 11:28
bher, I too am hoping that your hubby will soon find a speedy recovery.
God Bless

thank's terpe.. he's getting better now..:)

bher
9th December 2010, 11:32
You are right Fred, the nanny of my brother, was also fighting for dengue last time. And tawa tawa works!.

Bher, hoping for your husband full recovery. take care and God bless you both.

Hope u have" tawa tawa" in your area.

thank you ann.. wish we have tawa tawa.. too far from visayas.. he's ok now, he have a little appetite now and teasing me already LOL..:)

bher
9th December 2010, 11:39
I'm happy to know your good news Bher :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Since I am placing my name and reputation on a public forum I have to make clear that I do not recommend an unproven herbal remedy like tawi-tawi in the treatment of dengue fever.
As always, what I say is evidence - based, not just my opinion.
Dengue fever is generally self - limiting with no specific treatment. However, careful fluid replacement may be vital. Any fluid "remedy" which causes dehydration (diuretic) is not recommended :NoNo:

thank you Doc Alan :).. even if we have tawi tawi here in pampanga my husband don't believe in herbal remedies... so no chance to try that.. but stil thank's to febmary & fred for the advice, greatly appriciate it..

fred
9th December 2010, 16:35

Doc Alan... I for one I am surprised that you say that but am interested in your reasons for having said it.

Local Docs often scoff at local herbal remedies but they usually have added regularly that Tawa Tawa tea will cause no harm during treatment and do not seem not to discourage locals from giving their loved ones the drink even on a regular basis during their illness and treatment in local hospitals..I have no idea if they are simply guessing or if this is based on a local study of the plants extract.
Are you saying that Tawa taw tea can cause added dehydration specifically?

Doc Alan
9th December 2010, 18:32
Doc Alan... I for one I am surprised that you say that but am interested in your reasons for having said it.
Are you saying that Tawa taw tea can cause added dehydration specifically?
I have already posted on dengue in another thread.
"Tawi tawi tea " is a diuretic ( that is, it can cause peeing) which therefore has the potential to dehydrate. Local doctors may allow patients to drink it - but not "by the gallon". Obviously their advice should always be taken! Prompt and adequate fluid replacement treatment - at home or in hospital - is standard treatment. Dengue affects around 70,000 each year in the Philippines but thankfully the mortality is less than 1% (around 500). In the absence of specific antiviral treatment, prevention of bites by mosquitoes is best where possible.
I have conceded only that "herbal remedies might help" . Many other chemicals derived from plants have, after all, been proved by clinical trials to be effective in treatment of heart disease, cancer, and malaria.
Clinical trials of treatment of humans by tawi tawi have not, however, to my knowledge (or that of the Philippines Department of Health) proved its effectiveness. In a condition where most victims get better with supportive therapy, such a trial proving effectiveness of this or other " herbal remedies " could be difficult - and therefore has so far eluded publication. The onus is not on doctors to prove tawi tawi doesn't work, but for those who believe it does to confirm it convincingly.

KeithD
9th December 2010, 22:41
When people say "I took WooWoo Tea" and I was cured within 3 days .......... How the hell do you know you wouldn't have been 'cured' in 3 days drinking rat piss instead? :Erm: ..... or just water to be more reasonable :D ..... unless you have a twin with the same condition at the same time who takes nothing, you can't say ut 'cured' you as you have no proof.

fred
10th December 2010, 04:00
Thanks Doc Alan.. I appreciate your explanation..
I guess it comes down to personal choices and I suppose I have already made mine!

Here`s a snippet from ABS CBN which includes some insight on what the local DOH thinks of it all..(sorry about the Tagalog bits) I for one would like to find out more about the study by Dr. Sanath Hettige and the positive results regarding Papaya leaves in dengue treatment..

Cheers..
Fred.

MANILA, Philippines - Here in the country, tawa-tawa leaves, also called gatas-gatas, are widely believed to cure dengue fever.
Wilma Banasta, for one, claimed that the plant did wonders to her dwindling platelet count, a usual symptom of the mosquito-borne disease.
After drinking tawa-tawa tea, she said her platelet count rose to 201,000 from the previous 162,000.

"Iyong pinakamababa 162, pero noong uminom ako ng tawa-tawa naging 201. Tumaas siya," Banasta told ABS-CBN News.
The Department of Health (DOH) has said that it is not totally against the use of tawa-tawa leaves to treat dengue, especially as the Philippines recorded a whopping 62,503 cases from January to August 31 this year, up 88% from 2009.
Of the amount, 465 deaths were reported from last year's 350.
The DOH stressed, however, that home remedies such as this should be accompanied by proper medical consultation to get its full effects.
"Walang mga pag-aaral o ebidensiya para tuwirang sabihin na ang tawa-tawa ang nagpapagaling sa dengue. Sa dengue fever ang mahalaga ay 'yong hydration," said Dr. Isidro Sia, director of the DOH's Institute of Herbal Medicine.
For his part, Health Secretary Enrique Ona added, "Wala pa tayong talagang tunay na effort to see whether tawa-tawa is truly effective or not. However, isasama ho natin 'yon sa ating susuriin."
Fruits, too?
A recent study showed that papaya leaves (http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/07/19/10/can-fruits-really-cure-dengue) can help dengue fever patients recover from their illness.
Dr. Sanath Hettige, who conducted the research on 70 dengue fever patients, said papaya leaf juice helps increase white blood cells and platelets, normalizes clotting, and repairs the liver.
Speaking to Sri Lankan news agency Lankapuvath, Hettige said these are the main aspects of the body that are affected by dengue fever.
There is a condition to this remedy, however.
According to Hettige, the papaya leaf juice will not be as effective during the final stages of dengue fever since, by then, the patient's organs are already badly affected by the disease.
Given this, he suggested that patients consume the remedy as early as possible.
Meanwhile, durian, a fruit known for its distinct taste and odor, is also rumored to be a cure for dengue fever by increasing a patient's platelet count.
The DOH earlier said, however, that no study has been conducted yet on the efficacy of durian on dengue fever cases. -- With a report from Sol Aragones, ABS-CBN News

febmary
10th December 2010, 08:15
hi bher,

thats good to hear about your hubby's speedy recovery. Keep an eye on him.:):):).

God bless

malditako
10th December 2010, 08:24
sorry to hear about the news bher hope he gets better soon....

Doc Alan
10th December 2010, 09:33
Thanks Doc Alan.. I appreciate your explanation..
I guess it comes down to personal choices and I suppose I have already made mine!
Thanks also to you Fred, for your polite response ! You still owe me a San Miguel beer (for medicinal purposes...), but as you remember on my last visit I was distracted by three tour guides :icon_lol:
I'm happy Bher's husband is better :).
What the world needs for dengue fever is better prevention - controlling the mosquitoes which spread the infection , and a cheap vaccine ...both of which seem a long way off :NoNo:

fred
10th December 2010, 09:48
In regards too control,I am always constantly amazed at where the little buggers come from?? You can walk for miles here in the province and not see standing water anywhere..Certainly none anywhere to be seen where we live..We even have the DOH walking around inspecting house to house usually not finding standing water anywhere..I know they need water to multiply but where do they go and do it?
Last year we had 4 months with no rain what so ever and yet without mozzy spray I would get bitten as soon as I sat on the outside balcony..
Sadly I believe that far too little is known about the mysterious Mosquito..