PDA

View Full Version : NSO Secpa

ginapeterb
11th May 2005, 22:34
Just to inform everyone, Gina is going tomorrow to the Municipal registry, to obtain the NSO Secpa papers, these are of course a shortened form of the NSO marriage contractual papers, these are required where there is an urgent requirement to obtain proof that a marriage is being registered with the NSO.

This is used to take to an interview with the British Embassy.

Lets hope they dont take too long.

walesrob
12th May 2005, 00:15
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 11 2005, 09:34 PM
Just to inform everyone, Gina is going tomorrow to the Municipal registry, to obtain the NSO Secpa papers, these are of course a shortened form of the NSO marriage contractual papers, these are required where there is an urgent requirement to obtain proof that a marriage is being registered with the NSO.

This is used to take to an interview with the British Embassy.

Lets hope they dont take too long.

Quoted post

Good luck Pete - hope it all gets sorted before the interview in June.

Admin
12th May 2005, 11:15
Everything goes nice and smoothly for Uncle Pete, all the bad luck is for everyone else :blink: :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
12th May 2005, 21:17
Well Rob thanks for that vote of support, and Keith of course, got an update today:

The Marriage Certificate was realeased by his honour the Jugde on the 5th May 2005 it only took him 2 weeks to do that, the reason for that delay was that, one of the sponsors could not get into his office to sign the contract...grrrrrrr

Then Gina visited the Municipal Registry today, and found that the Marriage Contract and licence and Judges endorsement had only left Bacolod City, yesterday and is expected in Manila on Friday, it had gone by flatpack courier, however there is 1 hitch, as the Philippine Government are on a 4 day working week at present due to austerity measures, and cutbacks, there will be no one there to process it.

So we are asked to send a representative to the NSO Manila and follow up our request with a transmittal document, to get the papers processed there, this should happen next week. so there you have it..

The other thing is..I have also suggested to Gina that if her visa is approved she may come back with me to UK on the 11th June 2005, wouldnt that be somethin..although she is resisting this on account that she is wanting to resign properly and give 4 weeks notice.

walesrob
12th May 2005, 22:39
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 12 2005, 08:17 PM
Well Rob thanks for that vote of support, and Keith of course, got an update today:

The other thing is..I have also suggested to Gina that if her visa is approved she may come back with me to UK on the 11th June 2005, wouldnt that be somethin..although she is resisting this on account that she is wanting to resign properly and give 4 weeks notice.

Quoted post

Pete, make sure she gets the visa before flying out to Philippines. I made a mistake doing just that - I really should have known better than to trust the Embassy!! I think it was a bad week when Elsa got her interview - every successful visa applicant got the dreaded "local checks" done regardless of how good the application was...It was an expensive wasted trip for me, but at least I got to see a bit of Singpaore airport on the way back :lol:

Admin
13th May 2005, 02:03
Anything to do with Philippine paperwork timescale relies on the formula...
Actual time = (Theoretical time * 2) + any random number of days between 5-21 B)

ginapeterb
13th May 2005, 17:14
I agree with you Rob...I did actually talk about your situation with Gina yesterday, and we are preparing ourselves for the fact they may not grant us the visa on the day, rockman got lucky and got his/(Vevs) on the day, however, we are preparing that they may send us away and say they are doing local checks, if they do ok, I wont be coming back with Gina anyway I suspect, I think its probably better if I am there, in case she starts weeping, I will be there to give the required comfort, and secondly, I can have a weeks break...and take in some horizontal refreshment...stop it Rob...I can hear you LOL already.

Keith...now its time for your usual level of up market humour...!!!

Paul where are you ?? busy busy busy at the office...we havent heard from you mate...

How is Jasmin ?

ginapeterb
13th May 2005, 17:15
I agree with you Rob...I did actually talk about your situation with Gina yesterday, and we are preparing ourselves for the fact they may not grant us the visa on the day, rockman got lucky and got his/(Vevs) on the day, however, we are preparing that they may send us away and say they are doing local checks, if they do ok, I wont be coming back with Gina anyway I suspect, I think its probably better if I am there, in case she starts weeping, I will be there to give the required comfort, and secondly, I can have a weeks break...and take in some horizontal refreshment...stop it Rob...I can hear you LOL already.

Keith...now its time for your usual level of up market humour...!!!

Paul where are you ?? busy busy busy at the office...we havent heard from you mate...

How is Jasmin ?

Admin
14th May 2005, 04:28
No need to fill the forum up with dual post just to get your count up Pete :P

'Market humour' :blink: Pray, what doth thou think of me :rolleyes:

The visa process seems to have speeded up a lot in the last 12 months, so it may start to be more the case of the norm, rather than luck for same day. Our niece had to wait 3 days from the interview date for hers, so not bad.

ginapeterb
14th May 2005, 19:14
well thanks for that Keith..actually, I thought I had not pressed the send button, but as you say, keeps my count up..hahahaa, hope you are right about the visa, maybe ours will come while I am out there, having said that, not to worried as Gina and I are heading back to Bacolod..we have another wedding to go to, and then its up to Boracay, we are meeting up with another Brit-Fil couple and spending 2-3 days on Boracay. before I return to Manila, so if she gets it fine, if not, I will have to come back anyway.

Everyone is a winner !!

Admin
15th May 2005, 02:21
Just hard word from a friend of the wife's, she got her VISA same day as well, so looks positive for you Pete. Maybe the Embassy are employing real people now instead of YTS :unsure:

ginapeterb
17th May 2005, 09:57
Hey Guys, got some good news from the land of Terminal Fees, babes in regulation mini's and guys that come out in the night and sell crunch duck foetus's wrapped in newspaper.

NSO Manila has informed us that our Secpa Documents will be released on Friday 27th May and will be collected by our representative in Manila for safe keeping, this essentially means we will have all the required documents for our Interview on the 6th June.

Its full steam ahead to Pleasure Island.

hehehehe

walesrob
17th May 2005, 13:09
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 17 2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Guys, got some good news from the land of Terminal Fees, babes in regulation mini's and guys that come out in the night and sell crunch duck foetus's wrapped in newspaper.
NSO Manila has informed us that our Secpa Documents will be released on Friday 27th May and will be collected by our representative in Manila for safe keeping, this essentially means we will have all the required documents for our Interview on the 6th June.

Its full steam ahead to Pleasure Island.
hehehehe

Quoted post

Excellent news :)

So are you going back to Phils. for June 6th or you gonna wait till Gina has the visa in her little hands?

ginapeterb
17th May 2005, 19:17
Originally posted by walesrob@May 17 2005, 12:09 PM
Excellent news :)

So are you going back to Phils. for June 6th or you gonna wait till Gina has the visa in her little hands?

Quoted post

Thanks Rob, well it looks like I am going back on the 3rd...arriving in Country on the 4th...staying overnight in the usual place...just near the Shangri la, I will be searching around for a flight shortly, however I will be waiting until the 27th to confirm that the docs are in our hands, then i will be booking a lastminute.com flight to Manila.

I think this is exciting di ba ?? Had a long chat with Gina today on Yahoo..with web cam..and related all the points you made Rob, and everything is A ok...

So its just a matter of waiting now...waiting for untl next Friday..for the news we have the docs.

Admin
18th May 2005, 15:16
Woohoo, I can feel a party coming on :)

ginapeterb
18th May 2005, 21:34
Originally posted by admin@May 18 2005, 02:16 PM
Woohoo, I can feel a party coming on :)

Quoted post

Well Keith, I Tell you this..if its all approved in Manila..I will be straight to a cafe and let you all know..as you know how long I have had to wait for this...its been going on forever..although Rob has had the pain of all this even longer...and I feel for him..thankfully Elsa is here with Rob now....and he says its all worth it in the end...I will of course be gutted if we dont get an acceptance..on the day..but having said that..we have everything we need to make it hard for them to say no..but promise everyone this..if its a yes..we will have some form of party..dont k now how we are going to get everyone together...hehehehe

walesrob
18th May 2005, 23:29
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 18 2005, 08:34 PM
...although Rob has had the pain of all this even longer...and I feel for him..thankfully Elsa is here with Rob now....and he says its all worth it in the end

Quoted post

Its funny now, but looking back, during that short 3 weeks we waited for the final decision of Elsas settlement visa, I was never in doubt of the outcome. I know it sounds arrogant, it was because I had worked so hard on the application and we both covered every possible avenue. As I said before, it was because of Elsas passport going missing that caused the delay, but at the end of the day, the evidence was stacked up miles high in our favour, and I know Gina will get hers no problem. Like George Michael said - You Gotta have faith! :)

ginapeterb
20th May 2005, 21:27
Originally posted by walesrob@May 18 2005, 10:29 PM
Its funny now, but looking back, during that short 3 weeks we waited for the final decision of Elsas settlement visa, I was never in doubt of the outcome. I know it sounds arrogant, it was because I had worked so hard on the application and we both covered every possible avenue. As I said before, it was because of Elsas passport going missing that caused the delay, but at the end of the day, the evidence was stacked up miles high in our favour, and I know Gina will get hers no problem. Like George Michael said - You Gotta have faith! :)

Quoted post

Well as we know, it all worked out for Rob and Elsa in the end, I know..

1. Gina's passport is correct- I paid expess fee in Ilo Ilo to get it in March 2004.
2. Her NSO Birth papers are correct, I have seen them.
3. The Marriage is Legal.
4. We had a CNI before the marriage and complied with Philippine Law.
5. We had the 7 sponsors sign the marriage contract.
6. The Judge signed it in our prescence.
7. I paid the express fee at the Municipal Registry.
8. I paid someone off at the NSO Bacolod to Express to Manila.
9. I paid someone else off in NSO Manila (Quezon City)
10. My Passport is in order.
11. I have evidence of my own accomodation, Rent is up to date, New Agreement is taken out in Mr P.D. and Mrs M G Bennett.
12. We have evidence of Support without recourse to Public Funds.
13. We have Piles and Piles of Snail Mails dating back to October 2003.
14. We have piles and piles of Phone Bills, Orange Mobile Bills.
15. We have 2 Massive Albums of photos.
16. We have a Beautiful Album of our wedding.
17. We have Evidence of Financial Support dating back to January of 2004.
18. Bank Transfers, Western Union Receipts.
19. Compled Applicatiion Form VAF2004.
20. 1 X Colour Photo of the Applicant.
21. £260.00 Visa Application Fee, or at current embassy exchange rate of 110.00 to 1 sterling, P28,600.00.

Is that ok ????

walesrob
20th May 2005, 23:21
Pete,

Dont forget:

Email printouts (not all of them, but maybe 20 or 30 in some kind of date order)
Website printouts
Have an extra colour photo as I think its 2, but it may have changed.
Photocopy all the important documents in case they are required.

If I think of anything else, I'll post back.

Rob

Admin
21st May 2005, 09:39
...and don't forget the chicken feet :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
22nd May 2005, 14:29
Originally posted by admin@May 21 2005, 08:39 AM
...and don't forget the chicken feet :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Thank you for that as always Keith, good tips Rob about the bits and peices, yes we have all of those, printed off and ready to go, well its full steam ahead now..still planning that suprise for her ladyship..but of course, the forum is not the place to give out the details..she may log in and see them.

In the meantime, keeping it quiet about my suprise for her.

ginapeterb
26th May 2005, 18:14
Tomorow is NSO Day for Pete and Gina, lets us all hope the papers are ready na !

Cant beleive I am this stage Keith and Rob, NSO Papers, me ? married to a Filipina ? hmmm someone pinch me will they, just to check if I am here..dont worry, I wont beleive it anyway.

Soon ............Full steam ahead to Pleasure Island..!! (la li la la li la )

Admin
26th May 2005, 20:35
I'll keep everything crossed, including the chicken feet :unsure:

I was thinking when we were in a taxi driving down Orchard Road that what would I have thought in '95 if someone told me I'd be in a taxi in Singapore, married to a cute Filipino......probably would have phoned for the men in white....it's like being half-way to Heaven.

walesrob
27th May 2005, 00:20
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 26 2005, 05:14 PM
Tomorow is NSO Day for Pete and Gina, lets us all hope the papers are ready na !

Cant beleive I am this stage Keith and Rob, NSO Papers, me ? married to a Filipina ? hmmm someone pinch me will they, just to check if I am here..dont worry, I wont beleive it anyway.

Soon ............Full steam ahead to Pleasure Island..!! (la li la la li la )

Quoted post

Trust me being married to a Filipina is the best thing in the world - she will cook you nice food, keep you clean, tidy and organised and make you happy indeed. I recommend it :)

ginapeterb
27th May 2005, 06:39
Originally posted by walesrob@May 26 2005, 11:20 PM
Trust me being married to a Filipina is the best thing in the world - she will cook you nice food, keep you clean, tidy and organised and make you happy indeed. I recommend it :)

Quoted post

I like that idea of the cooking of the nice food !, I am sick and tired of trying to find things to cook, including too many ready made's they are so boring, I went and cleaned out the bathroom yesterday, took up the bath mats, and scrub the floors, with cleaner, so i did tell Gina about that when we talked, she then said "When i come to live with you, that will be my job", and I thought "hmmmmm wont be stopping you doing it dear", thats the thought, all the things I have to do...Gina will do better, never could wash clothes properly, she will arrange all that, and just coming home to a happy smiling face, nice dinner, lots of Rice, is going to be worth all the effort, and you know, Keith will remember when i first joined the Forum, and how long ago this was, and what a long road I have had to travel, remember the Divorce Keith..and how long that took, so I think maybe the prize is just around the corner, one last hurdle to get over, and then it will be worth it in the end, thanks for that ROB...

ginapeterb
27th May 2005, 08:41
Yes Yes Yes..I have just had official confirmation from our representative in Manila that our NSO Papers have been released today at the NSO Quezon City, that means the marriage is now legall recognized by the Philippine Government and that is the final hurdle now prior to our Interview at the Embassy on 6th.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS FOR US INDEED...LONG AWAITED...AND ONLY TOOK THEM 5 WEEKS TO DO...BY PHILIPPINE STANDARDS THAT IS A MIRACLE !!!

Pleasure Island gets closer and closer...

Admin
27th May 2005, 08:44
One thing I do as a pro-gambler is that once one day has finished, that's it, it may as well have not of existed (unless the sex was good the night before :D ). I just get on with the future, can't understand how people suffer depression about the past...GET ON WITH IT :P I should have been a pyshco Dr :blink:

Once Gina's over here Pete will vanish for a few weeks, locked in the bedroom for hours on end, classes in the kitchen on how to cook the local dogs, followed by more shagging on the kitchen table (hopefully his own :lol: ).

One thing you have to get used to is just as something important comes on the TV, like the Derby, on goes the hoover :ph34r: :wacko:

walesrob
27th May 2005, 11:29
Originally posted by ginapeterb@May 27 2005, 07:41 AM
Yes Yes Yes..I have just had official confirmation from our representative in Manila that our NSO Papers have been released today at the NSO Quezon City, that means the marriage is now legall recognized by the Philippine Government and that is the final hurdle now prior to our Interview at the Embassy on 6th.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS FOR US INDEED...LONG AWAITED...AND ONLY TOOK THEM 5 WEEKS TO DO...BY PHILIPPINE STANDARDS THAT IS A MIRACLE !!!

Pleasure Island gets closer and closer...

Quoted post

Excellent news Pete...The icing on the cake will be interview...I hope they will process her visa the same day, rather than make her wait 3 weeks like they did to Elsa.

Admin
27th May 2005, 14:08
Rob, have you got a nice photo we can publish on the site?

ginapeterb
27th May 2005, 16:42
Originally posted by admin@May 27 2005, 01:08 PM
Rob, have you got a nice photo we can publish on the site?

Quoted post

why do we have a photo page you are making up Keith ? that would be nice..and yes Rob I am not holding my breath, I am going out there with the attitude that it wont happen on the day, then if it does..it will be a welcome bonus, but the frogs are not croaking as yet, lets take a wait and see approach to this, I know you are all rooting for me, just hope it works that way, but if it takes 3 weeks or more, then it does..Ive waited so long...I can wait a bit more.

Back from work today, last day at work, 32 degrees here in Essex, and peoples tempers boiling over, long traffic queues, and the Caravan brigade are out in force again, glad to get home...and maybe later a nice pizza before getting my head down, as tomorow is a long day, you know the drill Rob and Keith, hours spent staring into someone elses back rest...! di ba ???

Will leave my parting party peice tomorrow when I head for the usual destination hehehehe

Admin
27th May 2005, 17:17
We already have a photo page, your on it!!! :mellow:

ginapeterb
27th May 2005, 21:04
Originally posted by admin@May 27 2005, 04:17 PM
We already have a photo page, your on it!!! :mellow:

Quoted post

Great so where is it then Keith,..I cant find it on here..and if that is true..how can anyone else ?

Admin
28th May 2005, 08:39
It was your idea!! http://www.filipinouk.com/photo.html

ginapeterb
1st June 2005, 03:34
Originally posted by admin@May 28 2005, 07:39 AM
It was your idea!! http://www.filipinouk.com/photo.html

Quoted post

thanks for that Keith, I couldnt locate it...forgot it was on the main site...just saw it again...

Admin
2nd June 2005, 10:19
Elsa had my wife wear out the XDA's phone capabilities last night :lol:

walesrob
2nd June 2005, 17:27
Originally posted by admin@Jun 2 2005, 09:19 AM
Elsa had my wife wear out the XDA's phone capabilities last night :lol:

Quoted post

I think I counted about 3 - 4 hours. Again, when I asked Elsa what her and Ping were talking about, th reply was "oh not much" :lol:

Admin
2nd June 2005, 22:06
A lot about vegetables....Oo Er :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
10th June 2005, 03:33
Originally posted by admin@Jun 2 2005, 09:06 PM
A lot about vegetables....Oo Er :rolleyes:

Quoted post

I think Elsa will have a new telephone freind soon....Rob..will they be on the phone for 3-4 hours..make sure they do it after 6pm as I have free calls national then...ok

Admin
10th June 2005, 09:59
Blimey, she talks to Ping for that long, so no sex life for Rob his misses is to busy talking about him :P :lol: :lol: