PDA

View Full Version : Ukba

Arthur Little
30th November 2010, 02:27
So ... you think I meant the UK Border Agency? :rolleyes: Wrong!

:NoNo: No ... I'm referring to what I prefer to nickname the 'UK Bother Agency'. :omg: Has anyone here tried contacting them lately? I did - early forenoon (yesterday as it is now ) - in order to ascertain [once and for all] on behalf of a friend who's about to apply for ILR - and who has already passed the 'Life in the UK Test' months ago - whether she would be exempt from taking any/all of the ESOL tests.

Not only were the phone numbers prefixed with either 0845 or [worse!] 0870 ... but when I managed to get through, I was, in all cases, greeted by an automated female voice - that sounded as if its owner was rushing to catch a train - directing me to a series of www. websites with the speed of a racehorse:222: ... followed by a volley of equally "rapid fire" announcing a batch of alternative numbers to dial ...!!!

Ultimately ... I was forced to concede defeat :ARsurrender: ... having failed to keep pace with this verbal :Bolt: of lightning ... not helped by my own partial deafness (I haven't yet mastered the art of using my hearing aid when on the blower!) ... and ended up advising my friend to consult the print out kindly pasted on the forum by someone the other evening. Phew!

mikey73
30th November 2010, 03:07
hi arthur
it seems that all companies and government (local or national) departments use the dreaded computerized phone system. i too find it a nightmare to keep up with the tel numbers the rattle off at high speed. its no wonder that people are angry and upset when they finally get through to a real person.
take care arthur

purple
30th November 2010, 06:52
How I wish that these companies will realize the importance of having a human to speak with who can understand human behavior.

I even dislike it when I get an automated and computerized calls from my telephone company telling me to pay up even though I didn't even get the bill yet.:omg:

Dakila
1st December 2010, 18:38
To make things worse, their contact centres are not fully functional today :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Disruption to UK Border Agency contact centres today (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/dec/01-disruption-contact-centres)

Happy December 1st (I opened my Advent Calendar today) :santa:

Arthur Little
9th January 2011, 18:43
AT LAST ... those wishing to find out more about the compulsory English Language Tests (ESOL, &c.) effective from last November 29 can now simply login to the 'UK Border Agency - Home Office' website ... then wait for a couple of seconds until the white writing on the purple background changes to "English Language for Migrant Partners" and :ReadIt:

Dedworth
9th January 2011, 23:12
So ... you think I meant the UK Border Agency? :rolleyes: Wrong!

:NoNo: No ... I'm referring to what I prefer to nickname the 'UK Bother Agency'.

For a long while I thought they were called the UK Border Farce but then I realised that's the name of the Sky fly on the wall TV prog paid for by the Home Office

Arthur Little
9th January 2011, 23:33
For a long while I thought they were called the UK Border *Farce but then I realised that's the name of the Sky fly on the wall TV prog paid for by the Home Office

Many's the true words said in jest! :D Quite *appropriate actually ... do you watch that programme too? I happened to see it last Friday night ... and it turned out to be a good hour's entertainment, really. :)

Dedworth
10th January 2011, 00:00
Many's the true words said in jest! :D Quite *appropriate actually ... do you watch that programme too? I happened to see it last Friday night ... and it turned out to be a good hour's entertainment, really. :)

I'm a regular viewer but find it very difficult resisting the urge to put my boot through the TV screen. Worst one I saw over Christmas featured a 30 something Nigerian nabbed at Heathrow who claimed to be 15 years old, instead of cuffing him and putting him on the next flight back to Lagos they released him to some London Borough Social Services Dept for his age to be determined. Needless to say he soon vanished from the South London House the do gooders put him in.

If you're planning on watching it regularly I'd suggest you stock up on sickbags :D

bornatbirth
10th January 2011, 00:45
I'd suggest you stock up on sickbags :D

i hope you keep stocked up when watching chelsea :icon_lol: