PDA

View Full Version : Flights in July 2011?

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 21:02
I need to get a flight to Kuala Lumpur, then onwards to Bandar Seri Begawan (Brunei) in the middle of July.
At the moment Royal Brunei are quoting £900 from LHR, which I think is too steep. So I'm thinking of getting a flight to KUL and then seeing if I can get a cheapy to Bandar (BWN) nearer the time.
However, flights that far in advance are still dear, £600 plus, but I've noticed that flights within the next month are £450 - £500.
Does anyone have any reliable info of future discounts or sales? My preferred airlines are KLM and Emirates as they both fly out of Birmingham, which is the nearest airport for me.

stevewool
28th November 2010, 21:06
have you thought about mcr ian not that much further to travel

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 21:12
have you thought about mcr ian not that much further to travel

It doesnt add up for me Steve, a taxi to Brum is £30 each way, but it's £75 each way to Manchester. The flight would have to be at least £100 cheaper to make it worth my while, plus there is the extra 90 minutes travelling each way. I won't drive and park when I have a long haul flight as I'm too tired to drive home on the return journey:NoNo: I'm quite happy to pay more to fly from Brum for the convenience:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th November 2010, 21:18
yes i see your point , my bro always takes me no matter what airport i fly from , lucky i guess i am

alanmf1
28th November 2010, 21:19
Ian, check Airasia for Kl - Brunei.. i used them a few years back on that route!

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 21:37
Thanks for that Alan, I wont use them for the flight from UK to KL but dont mind an hour or two's flight, my mate's just flown with them and said it was the worst flight he's ever had, long haul with Ryanair but worse is how he described it:yikes:

RickyR
29th November 2010, 15:05
Its highly likely that 2 to 3 months before travel, that the cheaper fares will open up. KUL and SIN are often a lot cheaper then BWN, but Royal Brunai occasionally have some good deals too.

Englishman2010
29th November 2010, 15:30
Thanks Ricky:xxgrinning--00xx3: Royal Brunei are no good for me as they only go from London, I really want to go from Birmingham as it's far more convenient. I think I'll take my chances and wait a few months to see what I can get to SIN or KUL, I'd prefer KUL as I haven't been there before and fancy a few nights there, plus I'm bored of Singapore now, and it's far too expensive

bruneicop
27th January 2011, 05:17
Did you get a flight Englishman? you could try some of the other middles east airlines to KL, i got some good deals on Eithiad and gulf air for my kids, (royal brunei is expensive and not a good flight , no drink, service isnt the greatest.

Where in Brunei are you going? Bandar or Kuala Belait? if the latter, look at flying into Miri, its quicker to get to KB from there than Brunei itself.

KL isnt much cheaper than Singapore, infact, just as expensive for some things. (nights out etc etc)

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 09:16
Did you get a flight Englishman? you could try some of the other middles east airlines to KL, i got some good deals on Eithiad and gulf air for my kids, (royal brunei is expensive and not a good flight , no drink, service isnt the greatest.

Where in Brunei are you going? Bandar or Kuala Belait? if the latter, look at flying into Miri, its quicker to get to KB from there than Brunei itself.

KL isnt much cheaper than Singapore, infact, just as expensive for some things. (nights out etc etc)

As it happens, I booked a flight with Emirates for Aug from Birmingham to Hong Kong this week. I still need to get a connection from HK to Bandar Seri Begawan, but I'm less concerned about that leg as flights in the region are usually fairly cheap.

I'm not sure whether Miri or BSB is better? I'll be staying about 15 mins outside BSB, but I don't know the name of the place yet. I'm going there in April (flight to BSB already booked), I'll suss it out then and sort a flight to either Miri or BSB when I know the geography a bit better

bruneicop
27th January 2011, 09:46
As it happens, I booked a flight with Emirates for Aug from Birmingham to Hong Kong this week. I still need to get a connection from HK to Bandar Seri Begawan, but I'm less concerned about that leg as flights in the region are usually fairly cheap.

I'm not sure whether Miri or BSB is better? I'll be staying about 15 mins outside BSB, but I don't know the name of the place yet. I'm going there in April (flight to BSB already booked), I'll suss it out then and sort a flight to either Miri or BSB when I know the geography a bit better

If its BSB your staying fly direct to Brunei, Miri is only good for going to Kuala Belait.

Hong Kong, to Brunei would be cheapest on Air Asia to KL then onto Brunei, (book it early and the cost is next to nothing) alternatively you could go to manila from Hong Kong and get Cebu pacific form Manila down. (Cebu pacific is much better than Air asia)

Happy travels

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 09:52
If its BSB your staying fly direct to Brunei, Miri is only good for going to Kuala Belait.

Hong Kong, to Brunei would be cheapest on Air Asia to KL then onto Brunei, (book it early and the cost is next to nothing) alternatively you could go to manila from Hong Kong and get Cebu pacific form Manila down. (Cebu pacific is much better than Air asia)

Happy travels

Thanks Bruneicop:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I haven't searched for flights yet, going via KL with Air Asia is a nice option, but TBH I fly so much these days and have so many connections I just want to get to my destination as quickly as possible. Airlines flying into Brunei is limited, so I may end up going direct from HKG - BWN with Royal Brunei or Cathay Pacific, unless any of the HK based low cost operators fly to BWN. I'll look on skyscanner and see who flies direct.

bruneicop
27th January 2011, 10:10
Dragonair fly direct, but for the airline they are they are not the cheapest

KeithD
27th January 2011, 11:09
Quickest way to Manila is by far KLM.

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 13:44
Quickest way to Manila is by far KLM.

Definitely, but I'm not going to Manila:doh ;)

I've booked Emirates because they were £300 cheaper than AF/KLM and Luftwaffe on the dates I wanted

Englishman2010
27th January 2011, 13:48
Dragonair fly direct, but for the airline they are they are not the cheapest

Thanks I'll have a look at their website when I know when and where I need to go to. Things are up in the air a bit at the moment as I'm not sure if my mahal is going to be in Brunei or Manila then. I don't really want to book flights and then pay fees to change or cancel them. Nearly every time I come to Asia I have to change/cancel internal/regional flights to satisfy someone else:rolleyes:

raza
11th February 2011, 12:07
you can simply get the cheap flights ticket from http://www.7-continentstravel.co.uk from All Major Airports.

Englishman2010
11th February 2011, 12:42
you can simply get the cheap flights ticket from http://www.7-continentstravel.co.uk from All Major Airports.

Thanks Raza, my next 3 trips to Asia are already booked now, I'll look at them when I decide to book again, but as I've said before, I'd rather book with a national/multi national travel agent (ie, Thomas Cook, TUI or American Express) or direct with the airline for the peace of mind and security they offer, saving an extra £10 over the big travel agents prices isn't really a priority for me.
My biggest fear of using a cheap bucket shop is what happens when things go wrong? As happened to me last April when my flights were cancelled as a result of the Icelandic volcanic eruption. American Express travel were first class with their support and assistance in arranging new flights, no disrespect to a small travel agency, but I don't believe I would receive the same level of aftercare and support from them