PDA

View Full Version : Marooned By White

Arthur Little
28th November 2010, 12:47
:rolleyes: Maroon is a deep, brownish-crimson colour; white, by contrast, is at the other end of the "spectrum" ... in that it is colourless. Here in Perth, however - as I suspect is the case throughout the British Isles - the two have come together in a sense ... since Myrna & I are confined to the house as a result of last night's heavy snowfall. :omg:

So what's it like elsewhere ... ??? :doh

mickcant
28th November 2010, 13:02
Still bright and sunny here on the Isle of Wight Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Bit cold out but ok indoors:)
Mick.:Jump:

mikey73
28th November 2010, 13:02
hi arthur
there is around 2 -3 inches of snow here in the centre of edinburgh, wasnt snowing too heavy when i left work at 6 this morning.
take care

joebloggs
28th November 2010, 13:09
not a flake in sunny manchester :NoNo:

Sim11UK
28th November 2010, 13:21
Been in London, a couple of days this week & came home to quite a covering of snow friday night....still a little bit lying around, but mostly gone....it's :censored: freezin' here. :36_1_26[1]:

Sim11UK
28th November 2010, 14:57
Are you wearing your kilt today Arthur? :Kilt:...must be a bit cold around the Trossachs. :Erm:

Englishman2010
28th November 2010, 17:53
A couple of inches overnight on Friday in the East Midlands Arthur, and minus 10 last night. It's going to be another chilly one tonight.

jimeve
29th November 2010, 14:26
Dry and Sunny, its been like that for a week now in Bolton. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Went to Blackpool yesterday on the :piss2: sunny there too. :smileybigtmouth:

Terpe
30th November 2010, 08:22
Well that horrible white stuff came last night. Woke up this morning and everything covered by about 4 inches. Baahhhhhh!! :cwm23:

i'd be better off in sunny Bolton with Jim:D

stevie c
30th November 2010, 11:01
Hi all woke up to about 3" of the white stuff today here in essex & it is still snowing no sign of it stopping still florsel is over the moon it is the first time she has seen & felt the stuff & she is trying to build a snowman :yikes::icon_lol:

KeithD
30th November 2010, 11:36
.... & she is trying to build a snowman :yikes::icon_lol:
Make sure she puts the carrot in the right place or the neighbours will be talking ;)

Arthur Little
1st December 2010, 16:41
:cwm24: Heard somewhere that many parts of the UK are experiencing their heaviest snowfalls in 17 years ... and can well-believe it! :68711_thanx: for the updates, folks ... keep 'em coming ...

mikey73
1st December 2010, 17:04
hi arthur
we have around 8" to 10" here in edinburgh arthur, its snowing no and off. was going to head home during my days off but with the snow being worse futher north and with the aberdeen-dundee road being closed for a while thought it was better to say here in edinburgh just incase i couldn't get back for work.
take care arthur

mickcant
1st December 2010, 17:23
We have had a light dusting here on the "Isle of Wight" but it has all gone now thankfully:D
Mick.:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
1st December 2010, 17:24
hi arthur
we have around 8" to 10" here in edinburgh arthur, its snowing no and off. was going to head home during my days off but with the snow being worse futher north and with the aberdeen-dundee road being closed for a while thought it was better to say here in edinburgh just incase i couldn't get back for work.
take care arthur

Haven't ventured across the doorstep for the past couple of days, Mikey. :NoNo: But I should imagine we've about the same depth here in Perth. And, from what you say, you're very wise in deciding to stay put in Edinburgh. :rolleyes: You take care, too!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
1st December 2010, 18:28
Just come back in from the garden.... got a lovely tan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st December 2010, 23:55
Another bitterly cold night is forecast ... with temperatures as low as minus 22 degrees in some places!! :freezin: Brr!!!

gWaPito
2nd December 2010, 05:31
The temp here Arthur in Swindon at 0430 is plus 30c. that is in the house only ! Wife got it set to that day and night. Wife wee's alot due to her condition, she likes a warm bathroom middle of the night. We seem not to wear too many clothes ! Which of course reduces the use of the washing machine.

mickcant
2nd December 2010, 09:18
We have a few inches of snow here on the "Isle of Wight" today, enough to stop the buses running!:yikes:
Mick.:)

Sim11UK
2nd December 2010, 09:21
We have a few inches of snow here on the "Isle of Wight" today, enough to stop the buses running!:yikes:
Mick.:)

A real wight Island then Mick ...keep warm :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
2nd December 2010, 10:10
As I write this, I am looking at another snow fall. Big big flakes, covering the covering of the covering that did not melt away.
Went out yesterday in the car...:yikes:
Not planning to go out in the car again anytime soon :NoNo: