PDA

View Full Version : living in the UK test

joebloggs
17th March 2007, 00:29
Well I paid the 2 * £34 fee for the 'living in the uk' test for my wife and stepson, and they both passed, first time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

after more than a couple of weeks of moaning at them to revise, the day arrived for them to take the test. as its before the 1st of april, ( I've seen somewhere that they have changed the date now to end of april) they would only be examined on chapters 2,3 and 4 of the book, when the new test starts its chapters 2,3,4,5 and 6 your questioned on.

looking at the questions, some are really easy true or false. while some are pick one or 2 correct answers from a list of 4. most are on remembering dates, countries, about the government, its quite a lot to remember even thou its only on 3 chapters of the book.

I bought off ebay a pdf file of just chapters 2,3 and 4 of the book for £1. and also managed to buy a program for the pc which asks you questions on the 3 chapters for a £1 to :xxgrinning--00xx3: , and also found a good website, with questions, summary of the chapters which i printed out. so total cost of revision stuff £2.

to pass you need a mark of about 75% , which is about 18 right out of 24 questions, you have 45 mins to do the test, my wife did her questions in about 10 mins, and spent a few more mins checking her answers, she said it was pretty easy, but then shes a bookworm. while my stepson took twice as long, and it looked liked he got more difficult questions.

you dont know your mark if you pass, as they dont tell you, you just get a printed sheet with your details on, explaining you passed the test and the gov would be told electronically. i think if you fail you get a print out, showing what areas you failed on.

about 6 other people took the test same time as my wife and stepson, and most failed it.. so my advice is spend a few weeks reading the chapters, memorise dates, countries, and the facts in the chapters, and buy a program that simulates the exam, ( most are btw £5 and £10 , worth it if your paying £34 for the test), and join a few websites, as some have a lot of info on.

hope this helps some who have to take the test, and good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th March 2007, 00:58
changes in dates

from the offical web site

How do I prepare for my test?
If you take your test before 2 April 2007, it will be based on chapters 2, 3 and 4 of the first edition of 'Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship'.

If you take your test on or after 2 July 2007, it will be based on chapters 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the second edition of 'Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship'.

If you take your test between 2 April 2007 and 1 July 2007, you can be tested on either the first edition or the second edition of the handbook. When you arrive at the test centre, you will be asked which handbook you have studied.:Erm: - well this dont make sense, unless they change contents of chaps 2,3 and 4, why revise 5 and 6 :Erm:

KeithD
17th March 2007, 09:50
:xxgrinning--00xx3: .....Great that Joe's added a nice bit of imported intelligence to Manchester.....boy do they need it :icon_lol:

joebloggs
18th March 2007, 11:26
scouser and intelligence dont go together, like chalk and cheese

Tony Blair was visiting a mental institute in LIVERPOOL. He asked the director how they decided which patients to keep locked up, and which to send home as care in the community. The director said "We fill a bath with water, give the patient a bucket, a cup and a spoon, and tell them to empty the bath any way they like."

"I see," said Blair, "And any normal person would use the bucket, cos it holds the most water, right?"

"Wrong." said the director. "A normal person would just pull the plug out."

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

KeithD
18th March 2007, 11:57
2 man Utd fans in London (at Home) walked past a shop and saw the sign- Shirts 50p Trousers £1.
One said 'great value! lets buy some.'
Other says 'don't let them know we're Man u fans or they'll try to rip us off.' So they hide their scarves.
They entered shop and asked for 6 shirts each & 6 pairs of trousers each.
The assistant asked "are you Man u fans" to which they replied "yes".
He said 'bugger off this is a launderette.' --------

vbkelly
31st March 2007, 22:19
Well I paid the 2 * £34 fee for the 'living in the uk' test for my wife and stepson, and they both passed, first time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

after more than a couple of weeks of moaning at them to revise, the day arrived for them to take the test. as its before the 1st of april, ( I've seen somewhere that they have changed the date now to end of april) they would only be examined on chapters 2,3 and 4 of the book, when the new test starts its chapters 2,3,4,5 and 6 your questioned on.

looking at the questions, some are really easy true or false. while some are pick one or 2 correct answers from a list of 4. most are on remembering dates, countries, about the government, its quite a lot to remember even thou its only on 3 chapters of the book.

I bought off ebay a pdf file of just chapters 2,3 and 4 of the book for £1. and also managed to buy a program for the pc which asks you questions on the 3 chapters for a £1 to :xxgrinning--00xx3: , and also found a good website, with questions, summary of the chapters which i printed out. so total cost of revision stuff £2.

to pass you need a mark of about 75% , which is about 18 right out of 24 questions, you have 45 mins to do the test, my wife did her questions in about 10 mins, and spent a few more mins checking her answers, she said it was pretty easy, but then shes a bookworm. while my stepson took twice as long, and it looked liked he got more difficult questions.

you dont know your mark if you pass, as they dont tell you, you just get a printed sheet with your details on, explaining you passed the test and the gov would be told electronically. i think if you fail you get a print out, showing what areas you failed on.

about 6 other people took the test same time as my wife and stepson, and most failed it.. so my advice is spend a few weeks reading the chapters, memorise dates, countries, and the facts in the chapters, and buy a program that simulates the exam, ( most are btw £5 and £10 , worth it if your paying £34 for the test), and join a few websites, as some have a lot of info on.

hope this helps some who have to take the test, and good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:wow congrats to your wife jeologs oh yes yes i did passed the test aswell last monday

joebloggs
1st April 2007, 06:51
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
great you passed, but a bit of a pointless test, as most if not all british people would fail it without swatting and whats it matter if you know that women could first divorce their husbands in 1857 ! :icon_lol: , when was the last time you needed to know that :Erm: , 1857 :doh

when my wife took the test, only about 3 passed out of 10, looks like its just :REGamblMoney01HL1:
scam from the gov.

KeithD
1st April 2007, 10:10
1857!! Last time Leyton Orient won anything :icon_lol: