PDA

View Full Version : Yippee...Holiday

Admin
3rd May 2005, 06:20
I'm off to Singapore again at 10AM Wednesday. More a holiday/business trip this time with the Singapore Cup (that's a horse race) on the 15th.

Last time I visited Kranji, it proved easy to make a few S$ due to the small pool of horses, between Singapore & Malaysia, but this meeting has horses from all around the World. The UK won it in 2001.

The weather isn't that good, I heard it dropp to 82deg the other night, maybe I'll take my coat :rolleyes:

I just hate the first two days while adjusting to the time, although for the last month I've been up at 5am, so only need adjust another 4hrs, instead of the usual 7/8.

At least I've learnt to sleep on the aircraft, even if it means being sprawled out across the wofe, nice to know she has some use :D (Is she standing behind me? :unsure: )

I'll stiil be around, I have to take the laptop & update my other site twice a day, otherwise my members will string me up, especially with the roll they've been on lately. Maybe they'll club together and pay for my next holiday B) , or maybe they'll just keep it to themselves ;)

ginapeterb
5th May 2005, 21:34
I am sure everyone on the Forum will join me in wishing Keith and Ping a very enjoyable return to Singapore, having just left there 2 weeks ago, I am envious of you Keith, but you are taking a well deserved holiday.

I know you are there for sporting reasons, but if you do happen to pass by Lorong 50 Geylang 18, think of Gina and I at the Fragrance Cyrstal Hotel.

Keep in touch Keith from where you can on your laptop, Im sure the York has internet access, or wirefree hotspots.

In the meantime, Gina informs me that our NSO Marriage Certificate is expected in about a weeks time, lets see if it turns up, after walesrob gave me some advice, I contacted the registry, and asked them to do an advanced endoresement request, and found out that actually we had paid for this service, so thats good.

Admin
6th May 2005, 03:36
Landed at 5:40am Thursday morning after a 12.5hrs flight, seems to get quicker every time, so was tucked up in the hotel bed by 8am for a couple of hours.

Nice clear day when we landed in the dark, but all day storms when it lightened up, at least in 90deg you don't mind getting wet :rolleyes:

I always make sure I get a room with Wifi. The hotel charge S$30 for a 24hr non-stop card, but I can fiddle it to last around 3 days. I can also piggy back access on those in the building who do not secure their computer...naughty, naughty... B)

ginapeterb
6th May 2005, 22:00
Thats great to hear from you Keith let us know what you get up to, where you go..etc. good about the wi-fi access, McDonalds in the Philippines also gives excellen free wi-fi at 11 Mbps, paying 30 bucks a day, thats about a tenner, I suppose its worth it if you are making money out of your trip.

Keep in touch.

ginapeterb
17th May 2005, 21:37
Hey Keith come on buddy you have had too long out there in Singapore, what with your mutiple visits to Sim Lim Square, and the races, come on...its back to Denbigh..and the valleys..sheep..cattle grids..and its hello boyo...

heheheheheh hate you for being there..While the rest of us are grafting....

Admin
18th May 2005, 15:14
I'll boyo you in a minute :P

Was knackered after spending all Sunday with 3 wild filipino's. Three of them on my bed when the bell boy came in....what a face he pulled :lol:

Took them all out for dinner at the Chinese, nice jelly fish, and pigs uterus!!! :o

Then onto the War Memorial, 4000 UK, New Zealand, Aussie, & Singaporean troops buried there. Beautiful place, well kept, and peaceful. We met a Japanese lady there ask the graves for forgiveness for what her grandparents generation done to them, nice, but a bit late!! :blink:

Then onto the race track for the Singapore Cup meeting. Great buzz, and the girls enjoyed it. I hit 3 winners, pretty good considering I new nothing about the local horses, but the Aussies took the big S$3,000,000 World Series race.

No plans to go back inthe future, as we now have to plan numerous visits to the USA to visit all of the wifes friends. Any excuse for a holiday eh?