PDA

View Full Version : Got my fiancee visa in just 2 days!! Hurray!! Hurray!!

Faye_and_Brian
22nd November 2010, 23:31
Sorry guys! just got online here, was very busy for few weeks . Here is my experience on filing my Fiancee Visa, hope this helps.

We processed our application through an agency, they asked me to provide this following:

1.) NSO Birth certificate
2.) Copy of your local birth certificate
3.) NSO CENOMAR (Certificate of no marriage)
4.) Baptismal certificate
5.) NBI Clerance (purpose is to travel Europe)
6.) 20 pieces pictures together
7.) Passport ( the new one)
8,) If you have a child please submit a NSO Birth certificate of your child

And for my Fiance:

1.) CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
2.) HOW YOU MEET STATEMENT ( IT SHOULD BE DETAILED)
3.) FIRST PAGE COPY OF PASSPORT- CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
4.) STAMPS OF PORT OF ENTRIES – CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
5.) PHOTOCOPY OF ITINERARY OF TRAVEL DURING THE VISIT
6.) PHOTOCOPY OF TICKET STUBS IF ANY
7.) BANK STATEMENTS FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS AND SAVINGS ACCOUNT
8.) MORTGAGE STATEMENT OR RENTAL ( LEASE AGREEMENT) OF YOUR HOME
9.) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE EMPLOYED
10.) SALARY STATEMENT FOR PAST 6 MONTHS
11.) P60 TAX STATEMENT OF EARNINGS (MOST RECENT)
12.) LAND TITLES
13.) CAR REGISTRATION
14.) EMAILS AND HAND WRITTEN LETTERS FROM YOUR FIANCEE
15.) PHONE BILLS
16.) HAND WRITTEN LETTER OF SUPPORT ADDRESSED TO FIANCEE ( A LETTER TELLING HER THAT YOU WILL SUPPORT HER FINANCIALLY, EMOTIONALLY,PHYSICALLY, ALL KINDS OF SUPPORT WHEN SHE’S ALREADY IN UK.
17.) COVERING LETTER WRITTEN BY YOU ADDRESSED TO THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICE, BRITTISH EMBASSY MANILA THAT YOU WISH TO APPLY AN ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR YOUR FIANCE.

After 3days of the CFO Seminar which is Friday (Nov. 05,2010), I went to Manila to lodge all our application. I got a text message from VFS that my application has been dispatched to the British Embassy on Monday (Nov. 08,2010), I was very excited if what will be the result on it, on Wednesday (Nov. 10) got a text message from them that the processed visa application has been couriered with the application number via 2go, I was very excited and felt like I had a butterflies in stomach every minute of that day, I cant even sleep of thinking about it! but Alas! I was so happy that I got a good result after that day, my Fiancee Visa has been approved in just only 2 days!.:Jump::Jump:

I went directly to CFO office because of my excitement that I got the visa and so that I can get a sticker from them, I was very disappointed :NoNo: because they said that they cant stamp my passport because the visa is not yet valid until the day of January 15th, 2011. I was arguing by the officer encharge because why they cant stamp/put a sticker on it since the visa is already there!, I just got an answer that your visa is not yet valid . :angry::angry: they can put a sticker on it during the validity period of my visa, the only problem I got is, we booked a flight already! and there is no office in Cebu on Saturday! how can I manage this?? they advised me that you can go to Manila CFO branch office since it is inside the Airport and is operating 24 hours, but how can I manage? if my flight from Cebu-Manila is 900-10:06am and my next flight from Manila-Manama is 12:05pm, I have to look for big NAIA International airport and look for their office first there, imagine?? looking around inside the airport with my 4 year old daughter with me, thats ridiculous!... but good thing that I knew it early and now Im done moving my scheduled flight, instead of January 15th I moved it on January 18th which is Tuesday, I think I can surely get a stamped sticker on it :rolleyes:.

My advise to you guys is, if you got the visa and you still dont have CFO sticker stamped on your passport DO NOT book a flight first, it is a big hassle on your part and so much wasting of money. Im just worried of my Fiance because he spent big amount on this matter.

And now, my problem is the travelling ticket agency told me that before I book a flight for my daughter I have to get a REDUCE TAX TRAVEL CERTIFICATE in Department of Tourism before they can book a flight for my daughter and there is a processing fee for 280pesos in DOT and 800pesos to the travel agency, which is all in all cost us to pay 1080pesos for that. I wondered why we have to pay for that certificate?? :Erm::Erm:

Thank you so much for the advises here too, it did really help me a lot. For those who still on the process of their visa application, dont worry, it will approve as long as you have trust in Him I know He will help us. Im just so happy that I got my visa now, when me and my daughter will arrive in UK I know this is just a beginning of our life. Please wish me luck for my travel guys!!. :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Lancashirelad
23rd November 2010, 00:00
congratulations Faye and Brian !!!! :) :) :Jump: and good luck for your trip! Please keep us informed, im most interested to hear your first impressions of our country:D
Im visiting my fiancee in Davao at Xmas and plan to apply for a fiancee visa in January so the information you posted is helpful to us salamat po.

How much was the agency fee? can you send me details of who they are?
I was going to submit it myself but if an agency is not so expensive maybe their help would be useful to me also.

Faye_and_Brian
23rd November 2010, 00:15
Hello Lancashirelad, thank you so much, i will keep you updated of my first impression in UK, I will be in Scotland, Edinburgh is that a good place?? hehhee..

I will send you the name of the agency with their contact number too, my fiance paid assessment fee for 45,000pesos, I think thats the expensive agency here but its very worth it because my visa is approve in only 2 days. I was even worried with my co-applicant during the time I lodge my requirements. I met her during the time we attend CFO seminar she is from Cebu too and she decided to help her application with the very cheap agency she paid only 10,000pesos for the processing but when she arrives in VFS Manila her application was rejected because of her application is not clearly stated and is outdated form! now, I just realised that even our agency was expensive atleast I can surely get my fiancee visa and now Im so happy for it. I still cant believe it, will thanks to my agency too.

I will give you the website of the visa assessment agency, there is a contact number on too, but I live in Cebu and your fiancee is in Davao???

Lancashirelad
23rd November 2010, 01:12
Hi Again, Edinburgh is a nice city, i spent a weekend there a couple of years ago for vacation. Lots historic buildings, nice shops and restaurants, and the view from Edinburgh castle is wow.

Hmmm 45k is a lot, but they did a great result for you both so maybe its a good choice.
Yes my fiancee is in Davao, so maybe i consider an agency there.
How soon will you arrive here?

Faye_and_Brian
23rd November 2010, 01:32
Hi Again, Edinburgh is a nice city, i spent a weekend there a couple of years ago for vacation. Lots historic buildings, nice shops and restaurants, and the view from Edinburgh castle is wow.

Hmmm 45k is a lot, but they did a great result for you both so maybe its a good choice.
Yes my fiancee is in Davao, so maybe i consider an agency there.
How soon will you arrive here?

Wow! thank you for the wonderful comments about that place, I cant wait to be there. I will be travelling on January 18,2011, I also put on my application form that I am ready to travel on January 15, so they also approve on that date hehe anyways, there is no problem too because my family wanted to spend a few weeks of me and my daughter here especially during on Christmas and New year's day. Just very sad that I cant be with my Fiance by that time but we will just be celebrating it belated during my arrival :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Did you got my private message regarding the visa agency??

Anakin
23rd November 2010, 11:26
Great news, and thanks for all the details!
Have a happy life. :D

Arthur Little
23rd November 2010, 12:02
:68711_thanx:, Faye & Brian for sharing your experience ... we're delighted :BouncyHappy: to have played a part in your success, and wish you every happiness in your future together as a family. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bher
23rd November 2010, 14:04
congratulation,,. another great new!!:Jump:

purple
23rd November 2010, 14:43
Congratulations!

Faye_and_Brian
23rd November 2010, 14:49
Thank you guys!! Im just so happy being here too, I applied some of your advises here too. I cant wait to be with my husband soon to be :rolleyes::rolleyes: I miss him so much...

Faye_and_Brian
23rd November 2010, 14:52
Can you please advise me guys about travelling tips??? my flight is from Manila-Manama (Bahrain), Manama-London and from London - Edinburgh.

What are the do's and dont's in travelling abroad. Please enlighten me. This is my first time travelling to UK hope someone can help me. :icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

Lancashirelad
23rd November 2010, 23:07
Tips for long haul flight! get up and walk to the toilet every couple of hours, it helps stop DVT. Wear your most comfortable shoes.

Take some good reading material in your hand luggage for the boredom.

Be organized with your travel documents, decide where you are going to keep them and be careful to put them away properly after presenting them.

For when you arrive in the UK have your warmest clothes available, January is a very cold month here.

Have fun on your flights :)

mikey73
25th November 2010, 05:48
Hello Lancashirelad, thank you so much, i will keep you updated of my first impression in UK, I will be in Scotland, Edinburgh is that a good place?? hehhee..

hi faye
edinburgh is regarded as being one of the most beautiful cities in the world. the city is kind of in two parts, the old town which is around the royal mile and the castle and the new town. its a smallish city but dont worry it has plently of SHOPS. there is a filippino shop down leith walk and also 2 asia store on the same street. also a filippino restaurant not far from the roayl mile (ita called 'rice terraces').
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqgJZ9Tg90U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBtzBdr8hTw&feature=related
i am sure you are going to love edinburgh my dear.
congratulations on the visa application:Jump::)

Faye_and_Brian
25th November 2010, 13:38
Tips for long haul flight! get up and walk to the toilet every couple of hours, it helps stop DVT. Wear your most comfortable shoes.

Take some good reading material in your hand luggage for the boredom.

Be organized with your travel documents, decide where you are going to keep them and be careful to put them away properly after presenting them.

For when you arrive in the UK have your warmest clothes available, January is a very cold month here.

Have fun on your flights :)

I see... thank you for the tips. This is such a very good website. I will 100% refer this to my filipina friends if they have fiance from UK ;);)

Faye_and_Brian
25th November 2010, 13:53
@mikey73... thank you for posting and sharing a nice video about Edinburgh. This is really such a nice place I cant wait to see the view of the castle. Its very different in the Philippines because its obvious that there is no castle in here haha... me and my daughter will surely enjoy the sight seeings, we will just expect that it so hard to adjust a new climate ... maybe I will be sick for the first few days!!! :yikes::yikes:

glub1973
6th December 2010, 00:11
well done !!
We got ours only after 2 days too!!
Now Im running around like a headless chicken trying too book flights and buy a decent winter coat for my wife!!:Jump:

Mickaela
7th December 2010, 09:58
faye and Brian congratulations!

Faye_and_Brian
10th January 2011, 20:49
Hi Arthur was reading the post of Faye and Brian Congratulation by the way on your visa application the question is what is a certified true copy of a document..The Original but who certifies it...your advice would be much appreciated.

The government or the lawyer can certify it... :):)

Faye_and_Brian
10th January 2011, 20:50
well done !!
We got ours only after 2 days too!!
Now Im running around like a headless chicken trying too book flights and buy a decent winter coat for my wife!!:Jump:

hahha! it so nice to hear and got a very good news! congratulations to your success too... where in UK is your wife coming???

Faye_and_Brian
10th January 2011, 20:50
faye and Brian congratulations!

Thanks Mikaela.. :Hellooo::Hellooo:

Arthur Little
11th January 2011, 00:30
The government or the lawyer can certify it... :):)

:rolleyes: ... or perhaps a Justice of the Peace - in Scotland, anyway - but I'm not certain about the situation south of the Border; possibly a Magistrate?

dontpushme
12th January 2011, 05:56
Congratulations, Faye and Brian! Congratulations to you too, Glub!

Breakfast
22nd January 2011, 11:40
Co0ngratulatins Faye and Brian. You must be in your new home by now. My fiancee is also from Cebu and I was thinking of honeymooning in Edinburgh! It sure is a beautiful city.

My fiancee also has a young child and your posts have made me re-think that her son should come to UK on the fiancee visa too, rather than wait until we are married.

joebloggs
22nd January 2011, 12:24
Co0ngratulatins Faye and Brian. You must be in your new home by now. My fiancee is also from Cebu and I was thinking of honeymooning in Edinburgh! It sure is a beautiful city.

My fiancee also has a young child and your posts have made me re-think that her son should come to UK on the fiancee visa too, rather than wait until we are married.

does the child still have contact with the bio father breakfast ?

Faye_and_Brian
23rd January 2011, 08:36
@Dontpushme... thanks...

@Breakfast.. I got here in Edinburgh last 19th, and yeah!! this is such a nice and beautiful city, I love my new place!! perfectly for honeymoon to a married couple. My suggestion is that, much better if you and your wife include the kid during her visa application so that there is no hassle for you.. ;);)

Faye_and_Brian
23rd January 2011, 08:45
weeeeee!!! I arrived in Edinburgh last 19th and I love the place!!! Its just so hard to understand their scottish accent though hehehe,,, but we are confused on how to stay here longer, our plan is to get married here, by the time I was in london airport, immigration officer told me that I have to go back to the philippines after the visa expires and file for settlement visa, what Im asking, if we got married here, Is there any other way to extend my stay and file my settlement visa by not going home to the Philippines again?? It is a big hassle for me and my kid, I hate long hours flight!!! :NoNo::NoNo:

Waiting for your comments and advises :icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

Terpe
23rd January 2011, 09:31
.............Waiting for your comments and advises :icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

Faye_and_Brian,
I replied some of this in a previous post you made. Anyway here is what I advised:-

If you are here in UK on a Fiancee visa you MUST get married AND then apply for FLR BEFORE expiry of your visa. ALSO be aware that you MUST pass English Language test before you can apply for FLR.

My advice is not to count on or expect any automatic extension of your fiancee visa.
It is not always granted

Looking back through your posts it seems your Fiancee Visa was granted sometime last November?
If that is the case the your visa will expire within next few months. That is why the officer at the airport made the comment.
You really need to be very focussed now on your plan. Organise the wedding, prepare and organise your English Language Test and start preparing for your FLR application.

Time will go so fast. Please do not hesitate any longer. Start right now.

Faye_and_Brian
24th January 2011, 01:37
Thanks for the info Terpe... we will organize things as soon as possible :-)

Chikky
25th January 2011, 12:57
Thanks Faye & Brian for sharing your wonderful experience. I am new in this site and so happy to get tips and advises from people what to do. I am from Cebu City as well, you are talking about that there is an agency who had helped you in processing to get the fiancee visa. I would like to ask if you can give me their name and their contact address in my email thelifejourney2008@yahoo.co.uk as i am about to start my fiancee visa application. Please help me caused me and my fiancee is struggling everyday being apart from each other, as we been living together in the UK during my student visa period. He come here for 2 months and back in the Uk on the 16th of Jan 2011 but then we both realized we can't stay far away from each other too long. Based in your experienced we decided to get an agency that can help us to do the process more quicker. Thanks a lot and God bless.

sars_notd_virus
25th January 2011, 13:13
hey chikky !! ... check this link http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26857-Applying-for-a-Fiance-or-Spouse-Visa-A-quick-guide?highlight=

Breakfast
25th January 2011, 13:27
Immigration officer told me that I have to go back to the philippines after the visa expires and file for settlement visa

It sounds like the Immigration officer thinks you have a marriage (visitors) visa - allowing you come into the country, get married, then leave and apply for a settlement visa from the Philippines.

But you said the visa you applied for is a fiancee visa! That is a settlement visa and you have to marry and get further leave to remain within six months of the start date (15 January) of that visa.

But if your child is with you I think you must have a fiancee (settlement) visa, rather than a marriage (visitors) visa.

I am sure others will correct me if my logic is wrong

Faye_and_Brian
27th January 2011, 12:22
Faye_and_Brian,
I replied some of this in a previous post you made. Anyway here is what I advised:-

If you are here in UK on a Fiancee visa you MUST get married AND then apply for FLR BEFORE expiry of your visa. ALSO be aware that you MUST pass English Language test before you can apply for FLR.

My advice is not to count on or expect any automatic extension of your fiancee visa.
It is not always granted

Looking back through your posts it seems your Fiancee Visa was granted sometime last November?
If that is the case the your visa will expire within next few months. That is why the officer at the airport made the comment.
You really need to be very focussed now on your plan. Organise the wedding, prepare and organise your English Language Test and start preparing for your FLR application.

Time will go so fast. Please do not hesitate any longer. Start right now.

no.. I got the result of my visa last November but the visa started to valid last January 15,2011...I arrived here about a week ago, so I still have enough time to organize for the wedding but holy crap! what is that English Language test is it very difficult???

Terpe
27th January 2011, 13:20
no.. I got the result of my visa last November but the visa started to valid last January 15,2011...I arrived here about a week ago, so I still have enough time to organize for the wedding plans but holy crap! what is that English Language test is it very difficult???

Sorry for my mistake. I understand now. Just I was getting worried about time:)
Everbody who has taken the English test and posted here has said it's very basic and very easy.
Just the problem is you must have a pass certificate to apply your FLR when you are married.

Faye_and_Brian
27th January 2011, 16:41
Thanks Faye & Brian for sharing your wonderful experience. I am new in this site and so happy to get tips and advises from people what to do. I am from Cebu City as well, you are talking about that there is an agency who had helped you in processing to get the fiancee visa. I would like to ask if you can give me their name and their contact address in my email thelifejourney2008@yahoo.co.uk as i am about to start my fiancee visa application. Please help me caused me and my fiancee is struggling everyday being apart from each other, as we been living together in the UK during my student visa period. He come here for 2 months and back in the Uk on the 16th of Jan 2011 but then we both realized we can't stay far away from each other too long. Based in your experienced we decided to get an agency that can help us to do the process more quicker. Thanks a lot and God bless.

Hello Chikky.. you can visit their website... www.olvis.com , call them Im sure you have free consultation :-) good luck with your application ;-)

Faye_and_Brian
27th January 2011, 16:49
It sounds like the Immigration officer thinks you have a marriage (visitors) visa - allowing you come into the country, get married, then leave and apply for a settlement visa from the Philippines.

But you said the visa you applied for is a fiancee visa! That is a settlement visa and you have to marry and get further leave to remain within six months of the start date (15 January) of that visa.

But if your child is with you I think you must have a fiancee (settlement) visa, rather than a marriage (visitors) visa.

I am sure others will correct me if my logic is wrong

Ive got a fiancee marriage visa.. I think the immigration officer was wrong, but just wondered if after the marriage where will we apply for that FLR thing??? is it in UK Home Office ???

Faye_and_Brian
27th January 2011, 16:51
Sorry for my mistake. I understand now. Just I was getting worried about time:)
Everbody who has taken the English test and posted here has said it's very basic and very easy.
Just the problem is you must have a pass certificate to apply your FLR when you are married.

ohhh thats good... I hope I can pass it :rolleyes: anyway, thanks for the information, it helps me a lot :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ybba
27th January 2011, 17:40
congrats to you both, hearing successful stories like yours give hope to fiancee's like me that one day soon i could be with the man who i love so much.Im now also in the process of gathering all the docs for my application im currently living in manila,we actually agreed on using an agency but knowing it involves a huge money so were planning to do it on our own, but reading your post i guess i have to consider using one,kindly send me the name and contact no. of your agency thru my email its abby_20002003@yahoo.come thnks and God bless. abby:Jump:

Terpe
27th January 2011, 21:28
Ive got a fiancee marriage visa.. I think the immigration officer was wrong, but just wondered if after the marriage where will we apply for that FLR thing??? is it in UK Home Office ???

Yep UK
Don't worry.

Derbyprincess
29th January 2011, 18:16
congratulations faye & brian! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Edinburgh is a great city, lovely! been there once & went to see the castle!

Enjoy you two! Thanks for sharing this helpful information :)

All the best! x x

Faye_and_Brian
3rd March 2011, 12:08
congrats to you both, hearing successful stories like yours give hope to fiancee's like me that one day soon i could be with the man who i love so much.Im now also in the process of gathering all the docs for my application im currently living in manila,we actually agreed on using an agency but knowing it involves a huge money so were planning to do it on our own, but reading your post i guess i have to consider using one,kindly send me the name and contact no. of your agency thru my email its abby_20002003@yahoo.come thnks and God bless. abby:Jump:

sorry for the late reply... we are very busy nowadays preparing for our big day, you said, you are currently living in Manila but the agency that we applied for is located in Cebu, I dont know if they have also another branch in Manila... just check out there website >>> www.olvis.com hope you can get information there. Goodluck!

Faye_and_Brian
3rd March 2011, 12:12
congratulations faye & brian! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Edinburgh is a great city, lovely! been there once & went to see the castle!

Enjoy you two! Thanks for sharing this helpful information :)

All the best! x x

yep2.. I love the place! my daughter and I been here like 1 month already and we really like it! I love the structures, the place is kinda historical... now, we are getting married soon.. hope everything works out...

dunstun365
12th March 2011, 15:07
Yes The filghts should be OK. they often have TV DVD screens on the back of seats on many airlines (even in economy.) which should keep u entertained.

marlyn&kenny
15th March 2011, 02:32
! welcome to UK! :)