PDA

View Full Version : Uk weather: Ere we snow! Icy blast on the way

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2010, 12:23
How long will the excitement of snow last??? wohooooooooo I'm getting all excited that winter wonderland will arrive on wednesday!!!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/163992/UK-weather-Ere-we-snow-Icy-blast-on-the-way/

:Jump::REDancedancer08::woohoo::veryhappy::Yippeee::tounges:

jimeve
22nd November 2010, 12:28
How long will the excitement of snow last??? wohooooooooo I'm getting all excited that winter wonderland will arrive on wednesday!!!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/163992/UK-weather-Ere-we-snow-Icy-blast-on-the-way/

:Jump::REDancedance:woohoo::veryhappy::Yippeee::tounges:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW :xxaction-smiley-047

jimeve
22nd November 2010, 12:31
Oh its okay, just realized the comic newspaper (star) bound to get it wrong, probably last years news. :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2010, 12:34
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW :xxaction-smiley-047

YEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2010, 12:36
Oh its okay, just realized the comic newspaper (star) bound to get it wrong, probably last years news. :icon_lol:

its on BBC news as well :icon_lol:

jimeve
22nd November 2010, 12:39
Thats it, whereas that flight number

mickcant
22nd November 2010, 12:50
At least it will help us look forward to spring:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Glad I do not have to get out early mornings to go to work!
Mick:)

Terpe
22nd November 2010, 13:05
I really really really hate UK winter. :cwm23:
I specifically hate snow :cwm23:

I hope we don't get any ANYTIME

joebloggs
22nd November 2010, 14:12

:yikes: :NoNo:

best weather in the world, dont need air con or heating on (most of the time :rolleyes:)

hate that blazing :smileybigangry:

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2010, 14:22
Haha the weather changes here every 5mins,no proper sun, but 'yes' to snow as it'll be the first time for me to see and play in it.

Englishman2010
22nd November 2010, 14:35

I'm with you Terpe, I hate everything about the UK autumn and winter weather. The cold mornings and nights I can just about cope with, it's the damp and lack of any properly daylight and warmth that really get's me. Hmmph, another 20 years until I can retire and leave this country for warmer climes for 6 months of the year.

jimeve
22nd November 2010, 14:43
Haha the weather changes here every 5mins,no proper sun, but 'yes' to snow as it'll be the first time for me to see and play in it.

Your like my misses, but she soon got fed up when the novelty dried up, and her hands froze. :icon_lol:

jimeve
22nd November 2010, 14:44

best weather in the world, dont need air con or heating on (most of the time :rolleyes:)

What are you gonner do in the phills then. live in the fridge :icon_lol:

Terpe
22nd November 2010, 14:58
Your like my misses, but she soon got fed up when the novelty dried up, and her hands froze. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: I remember my wife getting so excited to build a snowman. I even offered to show her how. After 15mins she was so cold and her fingers were hurting.
But she somehow managed to convince me to finish the job :doh
But she was looking out of the window from a nice warm room.

Good news is that she has never again wanted to 'play' in the snow.
Especially after last year when she had to go working in all that bad weather :icon_lol:

Terpe
22nd November 2010, 15:01

Sunshine, blue skies warm weather ..... that makes me happy.
I much prefer predictable climate to weather systems :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2010, 17:48
winter wonderland will arrive on wednesday!!!

:doh ... so I believe! :reaction:

Arthur Little
22nd November 2010, 17:59
Glad I do not have to get out early mornings to go to work!
Mick:)

:freezin: ... ditto!

nigel
22nd November 2010, 18:39
I don't think it will snow just yet...I think we will get ice...but maybe it will snow in January?:)

Arthur Little
22nd November 2010, 19:25
I don't think it will snow just yet...I think we will get ice...but maybe it will snow in January?:)

I'm inclined to agree with you, in this instance, Nigel. And let's hope and :pray: you're right! Mind you - if anything - ICY conditions are worse ... much worse ... especially on the roads. Pavements, too, are invariably treacherous ... all that slipping and slithering about - particularly among the elderly :oldlady::olddude::oldlady: - resulting in broken bones!! Not nice ... not nice at all! :NoNo:

Snow's OK ... when you're a youngster hoping for time off school for sledging &c. But otherwise ... :nono-1-1:

jimeve
22nd November 2010, 20:17
Sorry Arthur, the weather forecast heavy snow over Scotland, should be used to it now.:Kilt::36_1_26[1]:

stevewool
22nd November 2010, 20:25
i love the snow , its the rain i hate , bring it on and keep the nutters of the road and all will be well , cant wait to see ems face when it snows:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevie c
22nd November 2010, 22:15
i love the snow , its the rain i hate , bring it on and keep the nutters of the road and all will be well , cant wait to see ems face when it snows:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
same here steve i cant wait to see florsels face she cant wait to build a snowman that takes me back to when i was a kid:icon_lol:

mikey73
24th November 2010, 19:10

:Jump::REDancedancer08::woohoo::veryhappy::Yippeee::tounges:

was a little snow up in the north east of scotland this morning. not much on the ground but all the hills around aberdeen and dundee are covered and are nice and white.

stevewool
24th November 2010, 19:21
snowing in darlington right now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th November 2010, 19:30
Here in Northampton area the wind dropped. The very first snowflakes fell GRRRRRR
But only for a few minutes, so I hope that's it for us:rolleyes:
Sunshine is on it's way........................... So much for positive thing.
C'mon Nigel bring that attraction theory :Erm:

stevewool
24th November 2010, 19:32
sory terpe you wont get sunshine for at lease 14 nmore hours , be 2 foot of snow before then:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
24th November 2010, 19:37
sory terpe you wont get sunshine for at lease 14 nmore hours , be 2 foot of snow before then:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yep, according to the BBC weather report it's on it's way again. BaHHHHH!
Good for Emma, but for how long:D hehehe

stevewool
24th November 2010, 19:41
:icon_lol:yep 2 minutes then she will be moaning to cold,

laurel
24th November 2010, 19:44
I'm with you Terpe, I hate everything about the UK autumn and winter weather. The cold mornings and nights I can just about cope with, it's the damp and lack of any properly daylight and warmth that really get's me. Hmmph, another 20 years until I can retire and leave this country for warmer climes for 6 months of the year.

Totally agree......hate this time of yr weather wise

Terpe
24th November 2010, 19:45
:icon_lol:yep 2 minutes then she will be moaning to cold,
:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:
So true Steve, believe me:rolleyes:

Terpe
24th November 2010, 19:48
Totally agree......hate this time of yr weather wise

Me too, so much!!
Just check the weather report for your area. I'm sure you'll be ........:Help1:

jimeve
24th November 2010, 19:51
Lovely day today, in Bolton, sunny, blue sky's :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th November 2010, 21:11
Lovely day today, in Bolton, sunny, blue sky's :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Remember the old November saying:-
Blue sky on wednesday, white snow on Friday. especially in Bolton:D

sars_notd_virus
24th November 2010, 21:29
was a little snow up in the north east of scotland this morning. not much on the ground but all the hills around aberdeen and dundee are covered and are nice and white.

OMG!!! It was a bit frosty this morning(south west)brrrrr!!!!......NO TEMPERATURE!!!!:grosyeux::xxgrinning--00xx3:....sunny intervals but who cares???..it doesn't give any heat lol!!!
The hills are lovely covered in whites I can see it thru my binocular......I just cant wait for the sleet shower and finally SNOW....:Jump::Jump:
My hubby keep on saying 'Don't worry it will snow when its ready and when the condition is right''

Arthur Little
25th November 2010, 01:20
Sorry Arthur, the weather forecast heavy snow over Scotland :Kilt:

:doh Was away to say, "None all day, Jim!" ... then, just happened to look out of the front door a few moments ago ... and ... :Bugger: ... just a few flakes ... but ... sure enough, there it was ...! :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
25th November 2010, 01:41
... should be used to it now. :36_1_26[1]:

:nono-1-1: ... at my time of life :olddude: you never get used to it! :NoNo:

KeithD
25th November 2010, 10:43
I've got SNOW :Hellooo: ..... I'm off to build a snowsheep :)

jimeve
25th November 2010, 12:46
Remember the old November saying:-
Blue sky on wednesday, white snow on Friday. especially in Bolton:D

Sunny again, thou its only 3 Degrees Celsius.

mickcant
25th November 2010, 12:50
Bright and sunny here on the Isle of Wight, thats why they call it the "Garden Isle":xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Terpe
25th November 2010, 12:53
Sunny again, thou its only 3 Degrees Celsius.

Soon be Friday. :icon_lol:

we had another dusting of snow last night and then a heavy frost. Otherwise, quite sunny also.

Terpe
25th November 2010, 12:54
Bright and sunny here on the Isle of Wight, thats why they call it the "Garden Isle":xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mick, did you get much snow last year down there?

mickcant
25th November 2010, 13:16
Mick, did you get much snow last year down there?

Hi Terpe,
We normally miss most of it, we did have some around last January .

jimeve
25th November 2010, 15:53
Soon be Friday. :icon_lol:

we had another dusting of snow last night and then a heavy frost. Otherwise, quite sunny also.

I wonder that's why it's called Black Friday, yanks thanks giving day. In this instance it should be called white Friday :icon_lol: