PDA

View Full Version : Prince William and Kate Middleton to wed

raynaputi
17th November 2010, 11:40
awww..he's now engaged! I remember when I was in grade school, everytime someone will ask me "Who do you want to marry?" I always said "Prince William!"...:icon_lol: every girl can dream right? hahaha :Rasp::D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101116/us_yblog_thelookout/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-to-wed

mickcant
17th November 2010, 11:55
Hi, for me I am fed up with hearing about them allready:furious3:
Mick.:)

joebloggs
17th November 2010, 12:00
i dont care either :NoNo:,
i would care more if i got the day off work thou :Hellooo:

sars_notd_virus
17th November 2010, 12:03
Prince William and Kate Middleton to wed

what a long fairy tale:rolleyes:...Its all over the papers,news,tv and the internet..why cant they just marry tomorrow??:doh

joebloggs
17th November 2010, 12:04
it gives people time to get the cups, plates and other :censored: ready :D

mickcant
17th November 2010, 12:16
Its a shame they do not need a visa:Erm:
I wonder if they would be put through the problems we have had if they did:ReadIt:

Doc Alan
17th November 2010, 14:00
Its a shame they do not need a visa:Erm:
I wonder if they would be put through the problems we have had if they did:ReadIt:
...could be awkward questions about obtaining help through public funds :icon_lol:

Pete/London
17th November 2010, 14:19
Not all that bothered but he has better taste than his father.
just hope the brides parents pick up the bill for the marriage:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
17th November 2010, 14:56
I don't have a problem with using tax money to pay, as whatever the cost the additional sales in commerative stuff, TV rights, foreign visitors, will cover the bill with quite a few £Mill left for Mr Cammy Boy

Terpe
17th November 2010, 16:23
I think she has had time to think about her 'life changing decision'
Not many would want to have the kind of very public and controlled life she will now begin.

stevewool
17th November 2010, 17:23
well i am so pleased and i am thinking off arranging a trip to london and with emma on my arm to try and watch long live the royals :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th November 2010, 17:24
:icon_sorry: to cast a dampener on the "Nation's high spirits" ... but the immediate Royals ain't exactly renowned for their unblemished track record in the marital stakes. :NoNo: Let's hope this young couple's given at least half a chance to enjoy a modicum of privacy away from the relentless glare of the spotlight.:grosyeux:

stevewool
17th November 2010, 17:32
hear hear arthur, may bring a light to a dull place to live next year with the cuts and so on , good luck to them both

purple
17th November 2010, 20:58
so much fuss on BBC today about them being engaged... the Prince might be of royalty but for sure what they are doing is for public to be satisfied for their decisions..for sure they too want to have as normal life as everyone does.
their engagement is not something that will save the economy..isn't it?

Doc Alan
18th November 2010, 00:52
... the immediate Royals ain't exactly renowned for their unblemished track record in the marital stakes. :NoNo: Let's hope this young couple's given at least half a chance to enjoy a modicum of privacy away from the relentless glare of the spotlight.:grosyeux:
It's unlikely they will be given that chance, as indeed we will be unable to avoid relentless coverage by the media, whether or not we find it interesting.
What our filipino friends make of the Wills and Katie story is of course interesting on this forum.
In the UK we have to go back many years to find an arranged, and successful, Royal marriage, which used to be the rule. British monarchs would marry other European royalty. Queen Victoria regarded Princess Mary as a suitable match for her grandson, later to become King George V. They married in July 1893 and were devoted to each other throughout their lives. King George V died from lung disease due to smoking, in January 1936. His death was probably hastened by his physician injecting morphine and cocaine, at a time which was convenient for the announcement of his death in The Times newspaper ...
David Cameron's claim, when the news of the engagement broke, that it was "a great day for our country" was inevitable, but who knows? It might be a boost to morale and the economy ! I wish the happy couple good luck !

SteveL
18th November 2010, 01:57
I for one am an unashamed Royalist. I think that the institution of The Royal Family adds immesurably to the Country, not only in terms of heritage but financially. As someone who regulary travels to London on business, the crowds around Buckingham Palace and other royal palaces are always significant, showing that the world agrees with me.

My soap box today ladies and gentleman, is the coverage from the media, especially The Daily Mail. Yesterday, everyone was of course all hurrah wishing the love birds well etc. But today, only one day later, the rot has already set in with the Daily Mail warning the Royal Family not to "dump" the cost of the wedding on the tax payer.
This comes not 2 weeks after they ran a headline story where Jan Muir , their "royal correspondent" calling the Royal Family leaches and referring them to being like The Munsters.

In a free society, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, to love or hate the royals. But where is the respect? Our society often takes lead from newspapers and they form a good deal of our opinions on everyday matters. For any institution with that kind of power to stop reporting the facts and decide to publish opinions is wholly wrong. Newspapers and indeed news outlets in general are there to report the news, not make it or twist it to suit personal opinions. It's just another example of how this once great country has deteriorated.

beppe
18th November 2010, 03:03
I don't have a problem with using tax money to pay, as whatever the cost the additional sales in commerative stuff, TV rights, foreign visitors, will cover the bill with quite a few £Mill left for Mr Cammy Boy

The Queen of England is also Canada head of state, we pay taxes and get the short end of the stick, c'est la vie.

Doc Alan
18th November 2010, 08:55
How different it was in the time of King George V - an arranged marriage, the timing of his death also arranged, and the media told when to make the news public :doh.
I've got a feeling this thread is going to run for a long time....:Erm:

KeithD
18th November 2010, 10:27
The Queen of England is also Canada head of state, we pay taxes and get the short end of the stick, c'est la vie.
:Erm:

The engagement has already put Great Britain/UK back on the map around the whole world, that alone will increase money coming into our economy.

lovelyme
18th November 2010, 11:10
lovely couple to have a happy life together... congrats to them :x