PDA

View Full Version : Applying for FLR after marriage

LastViking
16th November 2010, 14:14
Hi folks, I hope that this is the correct forum to post these questions.

As some of you will know, Maristela and I were married here in the UK on 16th October this year. She is here on a six month fiancée settlement visa. She now needs to apply for Further Leave to Remain, which we are about to do.

My questions relate to her son, who is 12 years old and is a part-time actor in the Philippines. Maristela has sole responsibility for him and therefore I believe he is considered a dependent child. The father is not named on the birth certificate.

My understanding is that we can therefore apply for him to be granted a right to join us here in UK and if we do this now, there is no additional cost. However, does he then have to come here immediately or can he wait until he is ready to join us, and we can afford the visa application and air fare? Has anyone of you good people experienced this before and can you help us? :please::please:

The other question is about his acting career. The visa notes seem to suggest that there might be a problem if the child has an independent life. But as he is only 12 can they really stop him from joining his mother because of his success as an actor?

At the moment finances are difficult as I have recently been diagnosed with cancer and I am now not able to work so I really want to keep costs to a minimum but give Martin the opportunity to join us and become a family here in the UK.

If I have posted this in the wrong place, please let me know where I should ask the questions.

Thanks to everyone who helped us with the Fiancée Visa application which went really smoothly. :veryhappy:

LV

joebloggs
16th November 2010, 14:24
an actor hey :rolleyes:
hes under 18 so you shouldn't have a problem..

has he always lived with his mom until she came here on her fiancee visa ?

there is no additional cost. :Erm:
he needs entry clearence so needs to apply for a visa to join his mother as a dependent and that needs paying for :NoNo: