PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Travel

Alan
15th November 2010, 12:06
Has anybody used them? Are they dependable? They certainly seem to have some attractive fares.

Al.:)

sars_notd_virus
15th November 2010, 12:32
Crystal travel is no good ...We are using Travelpack:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
15th November 2010, 12:34
Hi Alan,

Here is an old post on my experiences with Crystal Travel.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/26548-WARNING-CrystalTravel.co.uk

keithAngel
15th November 2010, 12:55
I ve used them twice this year perfect so far they responded well to a query to:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
15th November 2010, 12:56
There are other sites that I would use before them

Terpe
15th November 2010, 13:01
Has anybody used them? Are they dependable? They certainly seem to have some attractive fares.

Alan, I have used them twice this year.
I acknowledge the previous posts and would not argue with that.

I have not had any major problems, so far, in that I received my e-tickets and made the trip.
I always tell them the exact flights and connections I want as well as the price.
Sometimes it can be difficult/frustrating as I insist on booking with them on the phone
not on their website.
Are they dependable ?? That's difficult to answer. I have never received my e-tickets when expected without repeat phone calls. So would have to be doubtful

I had one issue with them recently where they requested a scanned copy of my credit card (both sides) in addition to scanned pages of my passport.
I refused to do that and did not make the booking.

There are plenty of agents out there. I think you pay your money and take your choice.
But could be less risky if you find an agent with more postives than negatives from members here.
Sometimes airlines have good promo's also

Alan
15th November 2010, 17:19
Thanks for the advice guys. Hmmmm.......don't know what to do now. Just looking for a single to Cebu.

Terpe
15th November 2010, 17:47
Thanks for the advice guys. Hmmmm.......don't know what to do now. Just looking for a single to Cebu.

Alan,
Why not check out the flight and connection details, if you like it and the price from crystal is so much better then give them a phone. If you pay by credit card you should be safe. Just be sure to follow up with your e-ticket issue. You can always phone crdit card co. to cancel.
Is it really so much cheaper than others?
Personally I would pay a little extra not to spend 5 or more hours in transit area.

Englishman2010
15th November 2010, 18:30
I've used www.netflights.co.uk for my last 3 bookings to the Phil's. They are usually about £15 - £20 dearer than Crystal, but so far their service has been faultless - plus you have the back up of Thomas Cook behind them. The other firm I have used a lot is American Express Travel, great personal service and local branch network, which is vital in the event of any difficulty. When my flight was cancelled twice due to the Volcano in April, they were brilliant. A bit pricey, but worth the extra cost if you want that personal service face to face.

stevewool
15th November 2010, 19:37
i used niteflights too but last time thomascook match the price too, shop around always, try skyscanner:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
9th January 2011, 01:40
I wasn't impressed with their cold telephone manner. Seemed to be more interested in making a sale than anything else.

RickyR
9th January 2011, 14:13
www.kayak.com and www.vayama.com are some good websites to help search for flights. Vayama is one of the few places where you can book Philippine Airline flights as part of a booking.