PDA

View Full Version : my wife has arrived

stevie c
12th November 2010, 19:41
Hi guys just a brief update i haven`t been able to get on the forum as i have been so so busy.
My wife florsel arrived 11.44pm tuesday night came through the arrivals doors like a rabbit caught in headlights anyway been busy everyday shopping for clothes in primark & new look also buying rice cooker then a visit to the filipino grocery store in plaistow london so guys all i can say im still on cloud nine only just starting to come down but its good to be back on the forum among friends :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
12th November 2010, 19:54
fantastic news Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3: No need to explain why you haven't been on line recently ;)
I hope all goes well and Florsel settles in very quickly

subseastu
12th November 2010, 19:59
Nice one mate. Glad its all going so well. My missus came across about this time year (quite a shock for her) and it was quite an experience going shopping for her. Having never really had to kit a woman out for winter from scratch before. JUst wait, get these clothes then next year she'll have seen everything else all the other women are wearing then it'll all start again!!!!

You'll be able to get her into the delights of sunday dinners, english pubs, our naff expensive sometimes dangerous public transport, proper bread etc. JUst keep an eye on the thermostat!!!

Anyway glad she's acroos with you mate and enjoy it. It'll be good if it snows your way this year assuming Flosel hasn't seen snow before. My missus was like a little kid running around, good to watch simple pleasures.

sars_notd_virus
12th November 2010, 19:59
Oh warmest welcome to the uk florsel!! the weather is nasty these past few days and its stevie's job to keep you warm:xxgrinning--00xx3:

p.s.
enjoy shopping!!!:Jump:

purple
12th November 2010, 20:01
hi steve,

good to hear that you and florsel are together. bit she is as happy as you are.

Englishman2010
12th November 2010, 20:24
JUst keep an eye on the thermostat!!!

Western women are bad enough with the thermostat, so I dread to think what a lady from the tropics is going to be like. A few tips to save you from single handedly consuming the entire daily gas production of a middle eastern state, don't show her how to operate the timer, if you have a quick 1 hour button on your controller - don't show her where it is, don't show her where the isolation switch is for the boiler and turn it off every time you leave the house, dont show her wher the switch is for the emersion heater either, otherwise like me in a previous life you'll find that you are heating the hot water by both gas and electricity, and then keeping it topped up at a steady 60c 24 hours a day. Finally, tell her that the thermostat is actually a thermometre and it is showing that it's 22c outside:D

Terpe
12th November 2010, 20:39
Ahh! Happy days :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I remember so well.
My wife still has the heating high plus a thermal blanket :D

stevewool
12th November 2010, 20:41
great news steve and florsel, glad you are starting off well , primark, just watch the pennies and buy wise too, farmfoods, aldi and pak shop are all great , talk soon

Dedworth
12th November 2010, 21:20
Good to hear your update and news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
12th November 2010, 21:24
im glad for the both of you and put the wife in the tread title :icon_lol:

laurel
12th November 2010, 21:36
Many congratulations Steve....best wishes to both of you.................you lucky lucky man:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
12th November 2010, 21:37
... its good to be back on the forum among friends :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Glad to see you back, hope you are now in good health again, welcome to Florsel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lancashirelad
12th November 2010, 21:54
Congrats! to you both :) welcome to the UK Florsel

Sim11UK
12th November 2010, 22:15
What does she think of it so far?...& don't say RUBBISH! :D
Weather wise I doubt she's impressed, but I'm sure she'll get used to it & settle in...enjoy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tomboo
12th November 2010, 22:29
Welcome Florsel, nice to see another happy happy story. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
12th November 2010, 22:48
So pleased for you both Steve & Florsel :Jump:

Arthur Little
12th November 2010, 23:15
Hi guys just a brief update i haven`t been able to get on the forum as i have been so so busy.
My wife florsel arrived 11.44pm tuesday night came through the arrivals doors like a rabbit caught in headlights anyway been busy everyday shopping for clothes in primark & new look also buying rice cooker then a visit to the filipino grocery store in plaistow london so guys all i can say im still on cloud nine only just starting to come down but its good to be back on the forum among friends :xxgrinning--00xx3:

So Florsel was mesmerised :yikes: on her arrival in this strange land of ours, Stevie? Quite a shock to the system, really :36_1_26[1]: ... after the heat of the Phils! It's hardly surprising you've also been feeling a bit dazed - yet exultant - at the same time, now that she's finally here! Glad you're both since having the chance to recover from all the excitement, mate, and once again, we all wish the two of you every happiness. Take Care & God Bless. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
13th November 2010, 00:05
Congratulations Steve & Florsel :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

grahamw48
13th November 2010, 01:26
Congratulations to you both. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now you can cuddle up and keep her warm. ;)

Always amuses me that Filipinos think we're soft cos we don't like the heat....until they come and see what we have to endure. :icon_lol:

ghee101
13th November 2010, 02:07
would you think im not normal if i say i love the cold? ive been around snow couple of times and i loved it. when i met mark in Amsterdam last June, it was kinda cold and raining the 1st day. everyone around was feeling cold but i even went out to dinner wearing shorts. he asked me if i was sure that i can take the cold. i did! there were even days that he's feeling cold and i was not :icon_lol::icon_lol:

steve and florsel, congratulations!! :Jump::Jump:

alanmf1
13th November 2010, 02:28
Great news mate .... enjoy and welcome Florsel:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
13th November 2010, 08:29
congratulations
:Hellooo:welcome to the UK Florsel :Hellooo:

stevie c
13th November 2010, 12:50
thank you to everyone who have sent there congratulations & who have sent there warm welcomes to florsel once again many thanks florsel sends her thanks & hopes to meet up with some members in the near future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bher
13th November 2010, 13:48
im very happy for you stevie and florsel...:Jump:...we will have a great christmas coz hubby will be here soon...

Ladybug_sim
13th November 2010, 15:33
Its a great news to hear that you are together now... A happy family this year and the years to come too :heartshape1:Congrats stevie and florsel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
13th November 2010, 18:25
:blowkiss: congratulations!

somebody
14th November 2010, 16:17
would you think im not normal if i say i love the cold? ive been around snow couple of times and i loved it. when i met mark in Amsterdam last June, it was kinda cold and raining the 1st day. everyone around was feeling cold but i even went out to dinner wearing shorts. he asked me if i was sure that i can take the cold. i did! there were even days that he's feeling cold and i was not :icon_lol::icon_lol:

steve and florsel, congratulations!! :Jump::Jump:

Welcome Steve and Florsel

Very true Ghee the Wife often doesn't seem to notice the Cold as much as me

malditako
14th November 2010, 19:01
welcome to UK florsel :Wave::Wave::Wave:

Rosie1958
14th November 2010, 21:50
How lovely, congratulations to you both! I hope that Florsel is getting over the jet lag and is settling in nicely........ :Wave:

gWaPito
20th November 2010, 20:48
Well done Steve ! You have done it, now she is safe here in the UK. I would not get too affected with the heating bills, its a cross we all have to bear. Clothing wise my wife likes river island, top shop, republic and superdry at the moment. Like others have said my misses loves the cold outside the snow all what we dislike and when the snow arrived she was like a child, a sight the behold. Good luck to you both and well done !

Mickaela
7th December 2010, 10:09
Im so glad for both of you. I know how Florsel feels like. It's so hot in the Philippines now even if its christmas season. Good you are together this christmas...while I am still away with my husband. I will be filing my spouse application next week hopefully once I received all the documents from my husband.

Congrats again to both of you!
God bless!