PDA

View Full Version : E Mails that make me smile !!

ginapeterb
26th April 2005, 21:20
Just to let everyone know, I did receive an e mail from John who is in Mindoro Island, living with his Filipina babe, apparently, he is married to a english woman, and has popped the question to his babe, he asked me the following

"Pete how do I go about divorcing my English wife, I left her 3 years ago, to work abroad, I work for Shell, and I am living with my girl in Mindoro, I work 6 weeks on 2 weeks off, but can I marry her in the Philippines"

The answer is no you cant buddy, you have to be divorced first, and you have to go to the British Embassy in Manila and apply for a Legal Capacity for Marriage, you will be required to be resident in the Philippines for 56 days in total to achieve this, you will need to swear before a consular official, currently Mr Carlos Tampinco, the British Consul General that you know of no impediment to your marriage, however hehehehehe you do have an impediment, first you must arrange your divorce from your English wife, to do this you must return to UK to commence proceedings, how that will fit in with your job I have no idea but in any event best wishes with it.

Regards

I love these emails, they make me smile...there is always a story, I love it hehehehe come on Keith you have to comment on this one.

Admin
27th April 2005, 08:51
Working for Shell, must be good wages, that'll 'fuel' the divorve cost :P

A cheaper way of doing it is to get a mate in the UK to go down the courts, and ask for the divorce papers, this costs nothing. And have him send them to you, and take it from there.

If your ex wants a divorce it'll be easy with a DIY divorce if not, it gets complicated and you'll need a solicitor. I can here them eating your money already :blink:

6 WEEKS ON!!!! Blimey, I'm happy with 30 minutes.... :lol:

ginapeterb
27th April 2005, 18:46
Keith Im not really sure if he can do that as you say, get a quickie divorce and get his mate to get the divorce papers, but what if he has no mates !! I think he has to be resident and go in front of the judge to have a hearing, I had to go in front of the judge 3 times, in my divorce case, which was lengthy and complicated as you may remember Keith.

Anyway I have e mailed John under seperate cover, I dont think he will be a happy chappy.

Admin
28th April 2005, 06:55
I never seen a judge or my ex. I went the courts asked for the papers, took them away, filled them in, sent the relevant copies to my ex who signed & returned them. I took them down to the courts, paid about £40, swore an oath at the counter, she stamped it and said the judge would look at it in the next few days.

2 days later I received a letter from the courts stating I was divorced. Easy & quick, no need for solicitors if you don't have children.

The only part he is required for is to swear an oath at the courts reception counter if his ex is not contesting and will sign no problem. You shouldn't have to be resident, as my ex had no fixed abode.

ginapeterb
28th April 2005, 21:34
John has e mailed me back, and stated the following

"Can someone go down to the court in Ellesmere Port and do the papers for me "

Keith ???? hahahahahah

Admin
29th April 2005, 07:09
I'll ask the BHB to put back the racing a few hours while I nip out then :laugh

Hasn't he got family/friends? Maybe he should register on a penpla site :D

ginapeterb
2nd May 2005, 13:05
And the hits just keep on coming and coming hehehe, this is good one ....

"Pete do you think I could just get married in the Philippines, and hopefully, as I have been separated for so long, I dont think anyone in the Philippines will check on it, Im not likely to be going back to UK, as my contract has been renewed now for years, I cant see anyone on Mindoro Island checking to see if I have been married before, why bother going through all the trouble of divorce"!

hehehehehe

Thats what the fun of life is all about, there is always someone who is trying to circumvent the system cos he dont like the aggro, hehehehe remember, what they say, marry in haste repent at leisure.

Admin
3rd May 2005, 06:13
These things always come back on you, someone in the UK was arrested last month for such a thing. With technology these days, it is easier for countries to exchange data.

I do everything by the book, it's less hassle and stressful than trying to get around the rules, and spending your time looking over your shoulder.