PDA

View Full Version : Islamic TV Channel rapped for advocating marital rape

Dedworth
11th November 2010, 16:18
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8108132/Islamic-TV-channel-rapped-for-advocating-marital-rape.html

A TV channel aimed at Muslims has been censured by the media watchdog Ofcom for allowing its presenters to encourage violence against women and advocate marital rape.

Tawi2
16th November 2010, 08:51
I read a report several months ago,had I a broadband connection I am sure I could find it(not a chance on this dongle)it concerned child brides in Afghanistan and husbands(substantially older than their "Ladies')considered it normal to withhold food if sex wasnt forthcoming.Having been to both afghanistan and pakistan I know their attitude to women,theres one pinay I know lives just outside 'Pindi,she met her husband when they were both "students"(working)in London,their visas expired,they married and she went to Pakistan with him,she isnt allowed to go shopping or visit the market on her own nor leave the family compound without a chaperone,I often wonder if she regrets her decision.

KeithD
16th November 2010, 10:44
Doesn't having things like rape on UK soaps give some :crazy: guys an idea though? All these soaps do these days is make public all that is bad with our society these days, and do nothing to help improve it.

Dedworth
16th November 2010, 10:50
Doesn't having things like rape on UK soaps give some :crazy: guys an idea though? All these soaps do these days is make public all that is bad with our society these days, and do nothing to help improve it.

I think all of these soaps and TV reality shows are moronic and contribute to dumbing down Britain still further.

Englishman2010
16th November 2010, 16:11
I think all of these soaps and TV reality shows are moronic and contribute to dumbing down Britain still further.

That's the main reason why I don't watch TV anymore. The only time my TV goes on is when my kids come around or if the F1 or Top Gear are on. I get my news through live streaming the BBC News Chanel on my old laptop.

Terpe
17th November 2010, 06:29

I agree this this for sure.
Neither my wife nor I ever watch any soaps.
Just can't fathom out why they are so popular.

KeithD
17th November 2010, 10:19
I agree this this for sure.
Neither my wife nor I ever watch any soaps.
Just can't fathom out why they are so popular.
Cos they help people in this country remain miserable :doh