PDA

View Full Version : Irish government hands out block of cheddar to every family

Dedworth
6th November 2010, 10:44
Some great Arthurisms in the last paragraph :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8114327/Let-them-eat-cheese-Irish-government-hands-out-block-of-cheddar-to-every-family.html

Let them eat cheese: Irish government hands out block of cheddar to every family

Terpe
6th November 2010, 13:17
How bizarre :doh

grahamw48
6th November 2010, 14:20
Well at least it will keep Kerrygold busy for a while. :)

Economy-wise it was a case of too much too soon IMO, mostly based on outside investment and grants.

What is given like that can just as easily be taken away.
They should have kept the Donkey carts and evolved slowly up to Mule power, generated tourism without all the borrowing and outside interference, not try to emulate the worst social excesses of their neighbours.

My mother is from the Irish Republic, and I'm saddened to see how they have turned a beautiful backwater full of charm and lovely people who just needed a little bit of progress, into a typical 'modern' society of greed and competitive one-upmanship like so many of their EU counterparts. :rolleyes:

Slow down and be happy folks !

Arthur Little
6th November 2010, 14:27
Some great Arthurisms in the last paragraph :D

One angry Dubliner last night. "This is just crackers. The scheme is full of holes. This is the last straw - it's really grated on the whole community."

"Arthurisms" ... :yeahthat: ... I noticed the 'cheesey' grin :D when you pointed it out!