PDA

View Full Version : shenzen visa

stevewool
3rd November 2010, 09:46
is it right before you apply for one you have to have tickets, flights or ferry with a return date plus accomadation booked too, so if we was wanting to go to spain we shall have to book the flights and hotel before we can apply for the visa is that right,

Dedworth
3rd November 2010, 09:58
There is a cowboy agency offering Schengen visas here

http://www.multitravelvisas.co.uk/Schengen_France.php they mention a lot of stuff tickets, insurance etc NOT required for spouses of UK/EU citizens.

I'd check with Spanish Embassy if I were you

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 10:34
Steve, also take a look here:-
http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/index.aspx
There are contact numbers etc for questions.

I'm going back some years and also at French Consulate, but I do recall something about Travel Insurance documents. Luckily my bank account includes 'free' ins.
Check your bank account benefits.
When we applied the forms stated do not make any travel arrangements.
Things may have changed since then.
Each Embassy/Consulate has it's own procedures. Always better to check first.

Just be aware that Phils passport MAY take a little longer, maybe 3 weeks from application.
The applicant MUST attend in person for the application. But not necessarily for pick up.

When we did our at French embassy we queued up for ages, had all documents checked before they allowed entry. (loads of people were refused entry for different reasons --- plenty of arguments!!)
Anyway, they would only permit entry for Carina, they would not let me in!!

Bluebirdjones
3rd November 2010, 11:41
is it right before you apply for one you have to have tickets, flights or ferry with a return date plus accomadation booked too, so if we was wanting to go to spain we shall have to book the flights and hotel before we can apply for the visa is that right,

No matey .....
In the case of the French Embassy, you merely download the visa form off their Embassy website & select a date/time for an "interview".

You then turn up at the alloted time with all your revelant docs (as specified on the application form), and you return 1 week later to collect (or get it posted to you).

You do NOT have to have a travel iternery, nor flights/hotels booked etc etc.

I think all Schengen Embassies work the same way, although some outsource to VFS (where the charges come in).

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 17:18
No matey .....
In the case of the French Embassy, you merely download the visa form off their Embassy website & select a date/time for an "interview".

You then turn up at the alloted time with all your revelant docs (as specified on the application form), and you return 1 week later to collect (or get it posted to you).

You do NOT have to have a travel iternery, nor flights/hotels booked etc etc.

I think all Schengen Embassies work the same way, although some outsource to VFS (where the charges come in).

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve ... :iagree: ; I can certainly confirm this is the way the French Consulate operates - at least in Edinburgh [where Myrna was issued with her Schengen Visa a year or so, ago!]. All she needed to produce were our Marriage Certificate and both our *passports plus an extra set of *similar-sized photos.

And the best bit about it IS, spouses of British Citizens are entitled to receive visas for France FREE of charge :Jump: ... the only drawback being that there's generally a waiting period of up to 14 working days for processing.

However - as has already been mentioned - some Embassies employ the services of VFS ... who do levy a small handling fee (not sure how much!). But whether Spain is one of the countries affected, :anerikke: I wouldn't know for definite.

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 17:39
... But whether Spain is one of the countries affected, :anerikke: I wouldn't know for definite.

I believe Spain outsources this to VFS .

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 17:43
I believe Spain outsources this to VFS .

:rolleyes: ... how about Italy, Terpe?

Dedworth
3rd November 2010, 17:46
Here you go

VFS has been appointed as an outsourced partner by the SPANISH CONSULATE GENERAL IN LONDON, United Kingdom to facilitate visa applications to Spain and Schengen countries.

http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/application.aspx

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 17:57
:rolleyes: ... how about Italy, Terpe?

Arthur, sorry but it's not really clear about Scotland.
Please take a look here and see what you think:-

http://www.conslondra.esteri.it/Consolato_Londra/Menu/I_Servizi/Per_chi_si_reca_in_italia/

Probably better to telephone.
London is a long way to go (twice) for visa. Must be a place in Scotland or somehow to secure visa by post.

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 18:08

http://www.conslondra.esteri.it/Consolato_Londra/Menu/I_Servizi/Per_chi_si_reca_in_italia/

London is a long way to go (twice) for visa. Must be a place in Scotland or somehow to secure visa by post.

Arthur, on a second look it does seem to imply either London or VFS. :doh
Hope not:NoNo:

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 18:17
Here you go

VFS has been appointed as an outsourced partner by the SPANISH CONSULATE GENERAL IN LONDON, United Kingdom to facilitate visa applications to Spain and Schengen countries.

http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/application.aspx

Hmm ... the French Embassy wasn't one of those affected by the VFS 'takeover' 12 months ago! And, hopefully, the Italian Consulate hasn't yet been subjected to it either... unless the Pope arranges for Myrna's fee to be paid by the Vatican! :doh

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 18:28
... unless the Pope arranges for Myrna's fee to be paid by the Vatican! :doh

:rolleyes: ... whatta miserly old :Bugger: I am, eh!? A true :Kilt:

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 18:48

Arthur, on a second look it does seem to imply either London or VFS. :doh
Hope not:NoNo:

Terpe ... I'm almost certain there's an Italian Embassy in Edinburgh. But I'll have a scout around on the internet. Meanwhile, :68711_thanx: for taking the time to help me out ... much appreciated. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 19:21
Ah ... here we are:-

Italian Consulate,
32 Melville Street
EDINBURGH
EH3 7HA

Telephone: 0131 226 3631 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mind you, there's a "Comments Section" directly underneath. And the last comment passed was back in 2008 ... when some user of the site expressed the wish that Consulates would open for at least 1 Afternoon per week since - as he rightly explained - it's not always convenient to call during [already] restricted morning only hours. He'd also been having a bit of a gripe about the "nightmare" it seemed to be getting through on the phone! So maybe his (perfectly reasonable) "moan" f****d it up for there being an Embassy in Edinburgh at all from*then on :) ... though I doubt it!

I certainly wouldn't want to have to travel all the way to bloody London (twice!!) ... one [Return] train journey there for 2 people would cost nearly as much as a week for two in Italy - and that's taking into account, Apex tickets and my Senior Railcard! :omg:

mikey73
3rd November 2010, 19:23
Terpe ... I'm almost certain there's an Italian Embassy in Edinburgh. But I'll have a scout around on the internet. Meanwhile, :68711_thanx: for taking the time to help me out ... much appreciated. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi arthur
there address is
Italian Consulate General
32 Melville Street
Edinburgh
EH3 7HA

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 23:54
hi arthur
there address is
Italian Consulate General
32 Melville Street
Edinburgh
EH3 7HA

Guess our respective posts must've crossed, Mikey! :68711_thanx:, too ... for your research.

Arthur Little
4th November 2010, 00:40
Steve ... I have reason to believe - although I cannot be certain about this - that the Spanish Consular Office in Manchester may handle applications for Schengen Visas from various English counties, including Derbyshire. Here, then, is the address & landline telephone number to contact:

Consulate of Spain,
1 Brooks House
70 Spring Gardens,
MANCHESTER
M2 2BQ

Telephone: o161 236 1233

No harm in trying, anyway! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th November 2010, 09:07
yes thats right Arthur but went onto a website and lots of replys saying how unhelpful they are ther may try france just as a stepping stone lets get over this weekend first then put all my thoughts into the shenzen , but thanks everyone:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th November 2010, 10:41
Steve,
When are you planning to go to Spain?
The Spanish Schengen may take some time to organise.

Please also read this concerning where you MUST apply:-

If you’re planning to travel to Spain and no other Schengen country on this trip, you must apply for the Schengen visa at your nearest Spanish embassy or consulate. For trips involving several Schengen countries, apply at the embassy or consulate of the country in which you will be spending the most amount of time, and for trips involving several Schengen countries in which you will be spending an equal amount of time or if you don’t have a primary destination, then apply for the visa at the embassy or consulate of the country you’ll be going to first.

Please also keep in mind:-

Spouses of non-Schengen nationals (e.g. UK) must apply in person, by appointment and both together at the embassy of their main destination.

Philippine passport holders could be expected to wait longer than published processing times.

Just trying to help Steve
as they are

stevewool
4th November 2010, 16:37
thanks terpe , i was not getting at anyone here i was on a yahoo site about the spanish embasey in mcr , and lots off complaints, i have some holidays to take before jan22 so it would be nice to get away abroad so france which i love and spain a little warmer i do have a great choice and still have time also to see what looks better,see what happens friday will make the choice easy