PDA

View Full Version : Booked my flights

Lancashirelad
1st November 2010, 21:39
Im sooooo excited after 18 months!! of chatting with my fiancee i finally was able to book my flights today, to spend Xmas in Davao.:):Hellooo::)
Since we met we have chatted mostly everyday on camera sometimes for 6 or 8 hours at a time!
You might wonder why it took so long for me to book my flight? Well i had a 4 bedroom house that i was trying to sell, that i was really struggling to pay the bills, but last weekend my house finally sold and now my finances are good again, I can rush out to see my mahal!:airline:

So look out for me bugging everyone here in future threads asking about travel insurance and hotels and stuff as start planning the rest of my trip!

Englishman2010
1st November 2010, 21:43
Fantastic news, I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful time with your Mahal and a Christmas to really remember:xxgrinning--00xx3:
........and ask away, that's what the forum is for :D

stevewool
1st November 2010, 21:45
fantastic news enjoy the sun and your time with your mahal, and always ask away

stevewool
1st November 2010, 21:46
wow ian we are like twins think alike and our mahals are beautiful and sexy alike too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
1st November 2010, 21:49
wow ian we are like twins think alike and our mahals are beautiful and sexy alike too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

They say "Great minds think alike":icon_lol:

alanmf1
1st November 2010, 21:55
Fab news Lancashirelad:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i know how u been feeling.. i have had aproperty on the market for 8 months & fallen through twice!:doh

Where are u going in Phils?

@Ian ..u changed ur name to "steve.." mate!

Dedworth
1st November 2010, 22:00
Well done , don't blow all the house sale proceeds at once :icon_lol: For travel insurance check out Atlas Travel Insurance - not the cheapest (but you don't really want that with insurance) but underwritten by AXA http://www.atlasdirect.net/main.asp

les_taxi
1st November 2010, 22:02
Well done bet you can't wait,I'm off back to davao in march :)

stevie c
1st November 2010, 22:26
well done ian have a wonderfull xmas with your mahal:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
2nd November 2010, 05:07
How exciting for you both, I hope thats you have a fantastic time and a lovely Christmas together! :Jump:

I also sold my late father's house for the second time in 7 months and it completed last week too. I need the funds to bring my very poorly brother back to the UK from the Philippines. Please do make sure that you have good travel insurance, you never know when you might need it.

mikey73
2nd November 2010, 06:09
thats great news:), hope you bot have an amazing time over xmas:Jump:

Terpe
2nd November 2010, 07:31
Lancashirelad, Wow a Christmas to remember. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I really like Davao. It's a very nice city.
My wife has lots of family there so we tend to visit quite often.
If you have the opportunity to eat out at Jack's Ridge, do it!! There is great food, great atmosphere and an even greater view.

Just out of interest which flight??

Lancashirelad
3rd November 2010, 01:36
Hi guys thanks for all the good wishes!

Yes im sure i will have a special Christmas:holiday08:, were both practicing Christian so its a special time of year for us.

ive booked with Singapore airways flying from Manchester, paid way to much for the flight but hey ho you only live once and i just started a new job that pays well and its the only time i can get off for a few months so i dont mind paying xmas prices.

Yes Jacks ridge is high on the agenda, my Gf tells me its a great view over Davao from there and the cakes look sarap!

Alan hope your property sells soon too, it not nice waiting even worse being let down.

Yes Rosie i will take good travel insurance and have my inoculations, ive followed your posts of your brothers situation and said a prayer or two also, i hope things work out well for your brother.

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 10:01
Im *sooooo excited after 18 months!! of chatting with my fiancee i finally was able to book my flights today, to spend Xmas in Davao.:):Hellooo::)

You *will be ... it's a great time of year to go! :xxgrinning--00xx3: My wife is from Davao del Norte' Province ... and I spent the entire Festive Period there in 2008. Enjoy a very special Christmas with your Mahal. :holiday08:

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 10:26
If you have the opportunity to eat out at Jack's Ridge, do it!! There is great food, great atmosphere and an even greater view.

:olddude: ... oooh yes ... I thoroughly recommend it ... superb food - and spectacular views over the city - especially at night!!!

les_taxi
3rd November 2010, 10:39
Yes been to Jacks Ridge too very good indeed :)
Singapore airlines are the best,great food,free drinks it's my airline of choice,you are travelling to other side of world so why not pay a bit more and travel in comfort.

I seem to remember it was a bit of a hairy ride up to Jacks Ridge in banger of a taxi :icon_lol:

I never got to this place last time http://driftersdavao.com/ but when i go in march I will try it out.

Try to get to Samal Island as its a nice escape from the hustle of Davao and has gorgeous beaches and places like Pearl Farm resort-heaven:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes inoculations and good travel insurance are a must,I will be making sure mine has ash cover too just in case:icon_lol:

Landing at Davao

8M7qtL5gt20

_djveS9dpQA&feature=related

W6L2wp57hpY&feature=fvstW6L2wp57hpY&feature=fvst

Dedworth
3rd November 2010, 10:49
Samal Island looks great Les - no doubt a far better option to Costa Lot Boracay for those wanting a beach hol

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 10:55
ive booked with Singapore airways flying from Manchester.

Wise choice! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Have a safe and pleasant journey.

Singapore airlines are the best,great food, free drinks it's my airline of choice ...

... mine too!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you are travelling to other side of world so why not pay a bit more and travel in comfort.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... :gp: ... :iagree:

Arthur Little
3rd November 2010, 11:10
My wife has lots of family there ...

:) ... mine as well, Terpe!

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 11:13
Try to get to Samal Island as its a nice escape from the hustle of Davao and has gorgeous beaches and places like Pearl Farm resort-heaven:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Must admit never actually got there so far, despite family always suggesting.
Maybe next time it's gonna be a definite. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
3rd November 2010, 11:36
Have a nice and safe trip Lancashirelad!!!

burdock
3rd November 2010, 12:41
Sure your excited Lancashirelad, like myself as I fly out to see my Jonalyn on Christmas day :)

Well be extra special as we are able to talk on the phone ATM as there no power in roxas for 2 months

bher
3rd November 2010, 15:33
im very happy for you ian and burdock atleast u will be with your mahals in christmas and new year.. yehey, same as my hubby he will definitely be here with me on xmas and new year.. :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 15:42
im very happy for you ian and burdock atleast u will be with your mahals in christmas and new year.. yehey, same as my hubby he will definitely be here with me on xmas and new year.. :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Looks like special days all round :):):)

burdock
3rd November 2010, 15:45
I will be very happy. Only 7 weeks 4 days and about 40 minutes till the big moment

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 15:47
lestaxi1,
Nice vids, are they yours?
Samal Island is just a short boat ride from Davao - right?

bher
3rd November 2010, 15:52
Looks like special days all round :):):)

absolutely terpe...:D:hubbahubba::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bher
3rd November 2010, 15:54
I will be very happy. Only 7 weeks 4 days and about 40 minutes till the big moment

ur really counting it ha burdock... im very happy &:) excited for you...

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 16:05

Not that your counting burdock !!:D

bher
3rd November 2010, 16:10
Not that your counting burdock !!:D

terpe ha..

les_taxi
3rd November 2010, 16:14
lestaxi1,
Nice vids, are they yours?
Samal Island is just a short boat ride from Davao - right?

Not my vids but yes short ride from davao yes :)

burdock
3rd November 2010, 17:00
Thought it be a bit much to but the seconds:D

Normally spend Christmas on my own so it double special time for me

Terpe
3rd November 2010, 17:43
Thought it be a bit much to but the seconds:D

Normally spend Christmas on my own so it double special time for me

I agree, Christmas alone is not much fun. :bigcry:

bher
3rd November 2010, 18:00
I agree, Christmas alone is not much fun. :bigcry:

i agree terpe.... that's why i feel sorry for my husband every christmas, new year, his birthday etc.. he dont celebrate it.. not a very feelings. :bigcry:

meca
4th November 2010, 19:10
have fun to all who is going to the philippines.... enjoy!!!!! :)

Lancashirelad
12th November 2010, 01:44
Hi Guys, my gf just booked my accommodation in Davao too!At the Pinacles hotel. Anyone know if its ok? seems good value compared too others ive looked at.:)

http://www.thepinnacledavao.com/accomodation.html

Terpe
12th November 2010, 06:24
Lancashirelad,
It seems The Pinnacle is a new hotel in Davao, just opened recently.

Looks really nice:-
http://www.thepinnacledavao.com