PDA

View Full Version : Aegis Band ....take that !

Doc Alan
1st November 2010, 20:00
Aegis Band have just had a sell-out concert in Geneva / Switzerland, and perform in Zurich, then Nicosia / Cyprus, before returning to the Philippines later this month.
Some members know I'm an (ageing) Aegis fan :D. I met and sang with them in Zirkoh / Greenhills this May. More recently, sang their songs in karaoke after Steve + Emma's wedding :xxgrinning--00xx3:
A sell out concert is reason enough to celebrate ...but I'm told they will be returning to Europe next year ...and there's a possibilty of a first - ever visit to UK !
I hope there are enough fans in the UK to make it happen ! Mabuhay ang tugtuging Pinoy ! Rakrakan na ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
1st November 2010, 20:01
you are indeed a fan doc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
1st November 2010, 20:14
Wow!!:Jump:
Both Carina and me are really big fans of Aegis. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But having said that I am still the number one fan of Martin Nievera here in UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

purple
1st November 2010, 21:29
I like the Aegis band. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Good to know you're an avid fan Alan. :)

malditako
2nd November 2010, 06:52
makes me laugh when u say rakrakan na!!! hahhaha

stem298
2nd November 2010, 11:30
indeed rakrakan na Alan...your so cute ;) when will be our next karaoke?

Doc Alan
2nd November 2010, 21:39
indeed rakrakan na Alan...your so cute ;) when will be our next karaoke?
I WAS cute ... when I was 5 :icon_lol:
I need to practise Emma ( which is what Aegis Band told me :icon_lol:)

Sim11UK
2nd November 2010, 21:51
Are you their UK Agent Alan?...Mr 10% :REGamblMoney01HL1:

Nice pic by the way. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
2nd November 2010, 22:23
Are you their UK Agent Alan?...Mr 10% :REGamblMoney01HL1:

We're just good friends !:xxgrinning--00xx3:
But I'm also friendly with their agents, and while I don't have the expertise to bring them here, I just feel it would be such a shame if they don't visit the UK. They've travelled to so many other countries and there must be enough filipino fans to make it worthwhile coming here.

Sim11UK
2nd November 2010, 22:30
I guess the Barrio Fiestas, would be the obvious place to play?

Arthur Little
2nd November 2010, 22:45
Nice pic by the way. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:iagree: ... and he still has all his hair, too - unlike me! :doh Actually, the photo rather reminds me of the picture of the rosy-cheeked, healthy-looking boy on the old Rowntrees' Fruit Gums boxes. :icon_lol:

Doc Alan
2nd November 2010, 22:47
I guess the Barrio Fiestas, would be the obvious place to play?
Good suggestion Simon :) I know they've been around for many years now, but they are still very popular. Seriously there's no financial interest on my part, but it would be cause for celebration if ever they do come to the UK.
I'll keep you all posted :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Arthur Little
2nd November 2010, 23:09
I just feel it would be such a shame if they don't visit the UK. They've travelled to so many other countries and there must be enough filipino fans to make it worthwhile coming here.

Problem IS - and I'm being deadly serious - :rolleyes: I suspect they're probably aware it'd use up a lot of their "takings" ... in terms of acquiring Entertainment Visas!!! :omg:

Doc Alan
2nd November 2010, 23:48
Problem IS - and I'm being deadly serious - :rolleyes: I suspect they're probably aware it'd use up a lot of their "takings" ... in terms of acquiring Entertainment Visas!!! :omg:
I don't know how the cost of UK visas compares with other countries. I do know their agents are always busy arranging visas before their foreign trips, so they're familiar with the process. I would guess that for the UK as elsewhere it's not so much the cost of the visas as the realistic chances of enough tickets being bought for their concerts.