PDA

View Full Version : insurance

stevewool
31st October 2010, 09:49
wow just looking at my insurance , personal, home, car so many policies, do we need all that stuff, just trying to work out if i can cut some down , personal insurance i thought i was fit till you read what they say is covered and what is not and they say they will not pay a claim if it arises multiply scierosis, i did challenge my doctor about that and he come back with this cock and bull story saying we all have it and it may happen it may not, sorry Alan if that was right,
Anyway back to the thread i pay over £46 a month for that policy and then there is critical insurance to pay the mortgage if as they say the dead sea parts while i am walking through it and suddenly it starts to come back over me, well it sounds just as bad and i an sure when they are saying al this to you the grim reaper is standing behind me,anyway thats another £36+ a month, the question i am asking do we need all this cost yes we all will die and yes we can lose our work and yes bad things happen but over £80 a month is it worth it, plus remember i may have to insure Emma too

KeithD
31st October 2010, 09:52
You need to talk with a broker, you'd probably get similar policies for cheaper. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
31st October 2010, 09:57
yes i know but its nice to shout sometimes, i have to wait i think till may next year when i come out of a fixed mortgage so may get a better deal then and have emma put onto some policies if needed , wow i though i was the only one awake too

Dedworth
31st October 2010, 10:27
Have a look carefully at Critical Illness insurance you will find that the conditions they cover vary widely from company to company. Also be wary if the policies are taken out through the Bank/Building Society/Mortgage Provider as they will be getting a nice earner out of your monthly payments. You might be better off with Mortgage Life Assurance - check out http://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/life/ I think in exchange for a one off relatively low fee they don't take commission

subseastu
2nd November 2010, 12:24
I personally only have life cover not critical illness and its not through my mortgage provider as they charge a small fortune. Its a little bit of a gamble not having critial illness cover but there are so many loopholes for the issuing company to help them not paying out if you do contract sonething its not really worth it in my mind. I pay something like 7-8 quid a month for life cover for the mortgage. I went through the fool website, try moneysavingexpert as well.

I've not got Liza insured at all as she's not on the mortgage but as and when we (hopefully) have kids I'll put her on to it.

Dedworth
2nd November 2010, 12:39
I personally only have life cover not critical illness and its not through my mortgage provider as they charge a small fortune. Its a little bit of a gamble not having critial illness cover but there are so many loopholes for the issuing company to help them not paying out if you do contract sonething its not really worth it in my mind. I pay something like 7-8 quid a month for life cover for the mortgage. I went through the fool website, try moneysavingexpert as well.

I've not got Liza insured at all as she's not on the mortgage but as and when we (hopefully) have kids I'll put her on to it.

I agree - glad I paid off the mortgage a couple of years ago and am free of these leeches. I remember having a CI policy through Nationwide and after about 3 years realising it wasn't worth the paper it was written on as there was so much they wouldn't pay out on.